Home

The Death of Customer Service...

This is a discussion on The Death of Customer Service... within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #25
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Death of Customer Service...

If you want results you have to #DoTheWork man. Nobody will do it for you.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #26
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree with the Pokémon.

You were given the option to do the work, seems pretty cut and dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #27
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
So while I appreciate the idea that companies set up ways for us all to self service online, it should not be the be-all end-all way that companies promote customer service. Until we consumers speak up and demand we get customer service we will continue to see very little improvement. Call these companies to task. We don't pay all of these huge monthly fees for just the product, it should be backed up...

What are some examples you may have of bad customer service and what, if anything, did you do to try to get a resolution?
I most recently had to deal with a retailer's customer service and was blown away.

Spoiler

A company's customer service usually has encountered EVERY single issue so when I'm calling, they have a protocol in place to help me. I've found it's not useful to scream at a customer service agent (since s/he didn't do me any wrong but is there to help)...rather, be kind & courteous, explain the situation and allow the person to do their job.

I was in customer service for a couple of years during/after HS...kehlis is absolutely correct - I was more apt to do above/beyond and help somebody courteous and respectful versus somebody chewing my head off for something I didn't even do. The primary objective in my mind was to get an angry person out of my face versus helping try and solve the problem and possibly be proactive too.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #28
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I can honestly say that I rarely get terrible customer service. Verizon has been great every time I've needed them. Although it sometimes takes talking to a few people. Time Warner cable has been awesome. They have gotten me new promo packages every time my current one's end. Sony has been good, as has Target.

The only real issues that I ever had is at Walmart. There have been a number of times I've had questions - mostly in electronics - where the employee had no clue what I was talking about and that's because Walmart tends to put people in departments they know absolutely nothing about. Which is stupid, but its walmart and I don't expect good customer service there.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:36 PM   #29

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
The only real issues that I ever had is at Walmart. There have been a number of times I've had questions - mostly in electronics - where the employee had no clue what I was talking about and that's because Walmart tends to put people in departments they know absolutely nothing about. Which is stupid, but its walmart and I don't expect good customer service there.
Incorrect.

The correct course of action is asking for the manager and then throwing a fit. When that fails, then you go above the store manager's head and talk to the area manager. After you talk to the area manager, you then write your Attorney General.

When that is all said and done, you then go to Dr. Phil and he will fix it for you.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:55 PM   #30

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Incorrect.

The correct course of action is asking for the manager and then throwing a fit. When that fails, then you go above the store manager's head and talk to the area manager. After you talk to the area manager, you then write your Attorney General.

When that is all said and done, you then go to Dr. Phil and he will fix it for you.
You skipped the BBB.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:56 PM   #31

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You skipped the BBB.
That explains why my actions always fail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 10:17 PM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Customer sense of entitlement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »