Home

The Death of Customer Service...

This is a discussion on The Death of Customer Service... within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: The Death of Customer Service...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog
I'd say this is a case of bad customer behavior and not bad customer service from the company. Being a dick to a customer service rep (who wasn't even the one responsible for your issue at hand, and who offered a solution) is terrible behavior and reeks of entitlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only became less than friendly when the agent tried to push the responsibility for fixing the issue upon me when it was admittedly their mistake.

And yes I am entitled to customer support when I pay a lot of money for a product.

I am also as much of an angel or a devil as the person I am working with. If they are friendly and try their best to help me then I am the same way but if they try to simply get off the phone (or in this case chat) I am going to call them on their bs.

Again, I think you guys are missing the point. They made a mistake, then tried to act as if they just didn't give a crap and I could go fix it myself.

If the agent had done their job and read the original chat log which they have access too she would have seen I had already tried using the website.

But she didn't, because why do anything extra when you can just do the bare minimum to get someone off the phone/chat?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 12-08-2016, 06:35 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Total BS. If that were true you would have said that and not this:
Because I always try it first in order to avoid having to contact these people. Once I tried it and it didn't work I contacted them via chat.

That reminds me of a similar situation with my recent purchase of the Sony PS VR which turned out to be defective. I worked for 3 hours on trying to get it to work and ended up, as a last resort, calling them.

Contrasting them to AT&T thought it couldn't have been any different. My call was answered within one minute or so, the agent was beyond friendly and worked with me to help figure out how to fix the situation until all options were exhausted.

Finally she set me up to return the product and I got off the phone feeling like I really liked Sony.

Now that is how you do good customer service. You take a problem and turn it into a positive experience. You don't take a problem, shift blame and try to avoid responsibility.

Kudos to Sony, but the phone industry, except perhaps T-Mobile from what I have read, is nowhere near that level of service.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 12-08-2016, 06:38 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

The point is whether or not I was a dick (and admittedly I did get pissy because of their responses) the idea that customers should just fix everything on their own when you're paying a recurring charge is laughable.

Honestly, although I did try to unlock the device before initially contacting them, some people may not even want to even try to do that and the ability to contact customer service, whether its on chat or phone, is something that they should take seriously and offer support for.

Customers servicing themselves is great when it works but it should never be a replacement for human interaction.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:46 PM   #20

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Another year, another ODogg story.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:12 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Another year, another ODogg story.
One of these days I'll write a book

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 07:14 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

What am I missing here?

The original guy said it would be unlocked Dec. 9. Today is Dec. 8. So don't they have until tomorrow to meet what they told you?
Old 12-08-2016, 07:18 PM   #23

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
One of these days I'll write a book
Make sure you title it "I'm a terrible consumer and will never realize it."
Old 12-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #24

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Because I always try it first in order to avoid having to contact these people. Once I tried it and it didn't work I contacted them.

More BS. You shared your transcript with us and in that transcript you said you have no idea how to do it.

And by BS, I mean lies.

None of this even adds up and you're just digging yourself deeper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »