Home

The Death of Customer Service...

This is a discussion on The Death of Customer Service... within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2023, 08:42 AM   #369

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Death of Customer Service...

These robotic/copy and paste responses from companies really shows how little they do care about customer service.

I was looking up a location for a restaurant, and came across one. All the reviews said "this location doesn't exist", which was true since that place doesn't exist anywhere near the location which pops up on google maps (they didn't recently move or anything either)

The company sent out generic replies like "we're sorry for any issues you may have encountered, please call ____ to speak with our customer service team about your experience."

Talk about being completely unaware of anything going on.
Old 08-30-2023, 02:11 PM   #370
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
These robotic/copy and paste responses from companies really shows how little they do care about customer service.
Hah, so true, the other day a big company was promoting something and everyone was trashing it in the comments, I said it was great and I loved it and then a bit later they apologized to me and asked me to DM them so they could resolve my issue.

I'm like, whoah, they want to make things not so great? lol, ok, not really but you could see it was just copy/paste and they did not even read what I wrote!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-30-2023, 06:13 PM   #371

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Hah, so true, the other day a big company was promoting something and everyone was trashing it in the comments, I said it was great and I loved it and then a bit later they apologized to me and asked me to DM them so they could resolve my issue.

I'm like, whoah, they want to make things not so great? lol, ok, not really but you could see it was just copy/paste and they did not even read what I wrote!
"What's your issue?"

"I found your service to be great and I loved it."

"We're sorry to hear that, we'll forward your comments along for consideration."

Which is another issue I have. Does anyone actually read any sort of comments/complaints? I get the "front line" people you're communicating with are probably nothing more than part time minimum wage people who couldn't care less and are just reading off scripts and following certain pathways to responses, but does anything above them actually exist? Do they send complaints/comments to anyone above them? Does anyone above them actually read anything or consider anything?

Not that I work in customer service or live chats or anything, but it's a small part of my job I like (when the interaction is a good one). I don't respond in the robotic/scripted type of way that everyone else seems to do.

On occasion if there are customers we reach out to, I do so in the most upfront way and actually communicate to them like someone who can actually do something about whatever is up, or flat out tell them things they could do (or we could do for them) to make sure they're looked after. I get many jobs probably don't have that sort of flexibility/comfort/hands off from upper management approach, but people definitely appreciate how their inquiries can be fixed quickly and properly by competent sounding people who do try to help and can offer solutions that you wouldn't expect people to offer because everyone knows how stingy upper management can get (which is why I love the flexibility I have in doing so many things).

Last edited by Majingir; 08-30-2023 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2023, 07:49 PM   #372

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Which is another issue I have. Does anyone actually read any sort of comments/complaints?
Yes - very much so.

Also, be very intentional with survey results and be honest.

Ask yourself if it was really the agent that was at fault, or the maybe the company.

Or MAYBE, user error.

Survey results and comments can, and do get people fired.
Old 04-12-2024, 04:06 PM   #373
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan
Got it. You worked hard for that Elite status. Don’t lose that no matter what…

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
I did lose it. You guys won't find any more entertainment on my Yelp! page. I no longer do reviews really.

Part of it is thanks to my fellow OSers who I guess thought my reviews were condescending and too "Karen like" so now I'm just like the rest of you schleps, I'll get bad service and smile, then go on social media and complain, LOL

No but seriously, I am pursuing a new policy of what is is. Which means if they mess up my order or such, then that's how it is and it's fate.

A great example of this is my drivers license was renewed a month ago and I paid the $25 here in Ohio to get it renewed. The license never came. I went back to the bureau and they told me "sucks but guess you'll just have to pay $25 and do it all again"

I told the ladies, ok, I'll come back when I get $25. Seriously less stress just accepting whatever and looking at it like there's nothing can be done.

No more reviews or emailing customer service, no surveys, nothing, whatever I get I'll just accept and if I'm unhappy then I'll just try another company.

The death of Shaun's reviews, lol, good riddance!

And on a related note, that only a few of you will understand. I don't even care if EA CFB has no dreads! LOL.....

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »