Home

Christmas 2023. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

This is a discussion on Christmas 2023. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year! within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-24-2023, 04:14 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Christmas 2023. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

Normally I put tree up and start watching Christmas movies right around December 1st but I end up putting tree up night before Thanksgiving and started watching Christmas movies like 2 weeks ago. I love watching Christmas movies but it's hard to watch everything I want in only like 3 and a half weeks between working playing video games and being a big sports fan. So I started earlier this year lol. Last year I wasn't in the mood at all because I was losing my job at the end of the year that I only got because of a friend after being stuck at a job I completely hated for years because I couldn't find a job. So felt pissed of and cursed that shortly after getting out of terrible job that took me forever to get out that the newer job got bought out and was going to close. So last year I didn't really put up a tree or anything.
Old 11-24-2023, 07:44 PM   #10
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

I started celebrating Christmas on November 1st because I couldn’t fit everything I wanted to do over the holidays in just 24 days. The two months allows me to enjoy the season to the fullest!

Slick, once our cat moves on to cat heaven, my tree in the basement will be cover in tinsel. Just like your Dad likes. Splitting up the decorations removed all disagreements when it comes to decorations. That way everyone is happy. I also love the warmth and cosyness of having the tree and lights up.
Old 11-24-2023, 07:47 PM   #11
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

Smallville, I think I remember you posting that. I’m happy that you are decorating this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2023, 04:24 AM   #12
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Smallville, I think I remember you posting that. I’m happy that you are decorating this year!
Thanks I am still not where I want to be for work. I want to get out of retail because I am tired of back pain from being on feet all day don't have that problem if I sit for hours only if I stand and want the better hours. But the job market is so broken if you don't have experience and like a masters degree basically no one wants you. But at least didn't go back to job I hated because there for a while it was looking like I was going to have no chose but to because I ran out of 6 months unemployment and even had a out 2 months where I had zero income.

I am hoping like ever year that we get snow on Christmas lol. Never seen snow in my 34 years of being alive in Christmas. A big reason was we used to basically only get snow jan-march but with the weather getting more and more strange the last few years we now seem to get snow in November/December or even April now heck even got 2 years of snow in a row in late May back like 10 years ago for first time ever. Big difference a year can make. Last year basically once it hit November we where struggling to hit 50 for a high even though average for November where I am is a out 60 and it was just rain after rain. Even had snow the earliest I can remember November 3rd. From basically November 2022 to like Sept 2023 we where below average like 80% of the time and a lot of days 10+ below to. This year on the other hand we have still had some days in the 60s in November and have had like less days of rain than days with rain. Also last night was first time we reached freezing temps has it got down to about 30 before that the lowest we had hit was 35-36. Right now it's 33. So getting colder nights now. Had been middle low 40s basically at night this month before last 2.
Old 11-25-2023, 04:26 AM   #13
All Star

Look forward to eating fudge like year around and it's probably a good thing I only eat it around Christmas or I might weigh 400 has it's so addictive lol. Was thinking about getting some today but have not yet.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:31 PM   #14

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Got the tree up this weekend, now it's less than a month before Christmas.

Too bad we couldn't get Christmas weekends every year. Because of the leap year next year we get cheated out of the Christmas Eve Monday and Christmas Day Tuesday which basically turns everything into a 5 day long weekend (and if you do work Thursday/Friday that week, it's basically a phone it in 2 days anyways after the extra long weekend).

Though next year it's a Tuesday/Wednesday, so if anyone actually does have to work on the 23rd, that's definitely a phone it in Monday too.

This year at least there's Monday and Tuesday off. Have to work the rest of the week, but that's post Christmas do I don't mind it as much, I'd rather more time before Christmas than after it being off.
Old 11-27-2023, 08:56 PM   #15
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

Trina, the kids and myself watched my favourite Christmas Special tonight, T'was The Night Before Christmas. I love that AMC is airing this special again. Back in the day I remember having it recorded on VHS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2023, 05:52 PM   #16
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

The 4th Christmas tree is up between the kids bedroom and when the kids came home from school we decorated it. 26 more days!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »