Home

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (Remake Part 2, PS5)

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (Remake Part 2, PS5) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-15-2023, 01:19 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (Remake Part 2, PS5)

Preordered lol. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-15-2023, 01:21 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Looks fantastic.

Also reminds me I need to run through the PS5 version of Remake this fall.
Old 09-18-2023, 04:27 PM   #11
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, that trailer blew me away too. I absolutely loved Remake but holy heck, Rebirth looks insane. That trailer has SO many cool things they teased.

Curious where this game will "end" (Square said "middle of the original game" in a Tweet). Will that be around the end of Disk 1 of the original or perhaps a little later?

I'm definitely going to replay the Crisis Core remaster and FFVII Remake before this gem drops; heck, I'm even contemplating replaying the OG FFVII.
I've been replaying the OG during work on the PS5, just about to the Northern Crater. I'm expecting them to end Rebirth at The Forgotton City, when that thing is supposed to happen to that character, but I almost think the trilogy would flow better if they got all the way to the Northern Crater, when Cloud falls into the Lifestream and the party is scattered. It'd make for a great start to Part 3, with Tifa or Cid being the main character until the party is reunited. And then Part 3 is just Kaiju fights against the Weapons for most of the game, doing the rest of the world exploration and side quests like Wutai and Knights of the Round

Either way there are gonna be some shenanigans going on, like WTF is up with Zack

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2023, 04:29 PM   #12
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Looks fantastic.

Also reminds me I need to run through the PS5 version of Remake this fall.
Definitely worth going through, the 60 FPS upgrade is worth it alone. Such a great looking and playing game, still my favorite combat in any Final Fantasy including 16, which I thought was really good as well.

The Yuffie DLC is fantastic, too. Some of the most polished stuff Square has put out gameplay and graphic wise in decades. There's a mini-game in there that I'll still routinely go back to just because of how much fun it was to play too lol.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 09-18-2023, 09:44 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Definitely worth going through, the 60 FPS upgrade is worth it alone. Such a great looking and playing game, still my favorite combat in any Final Fantasy including 16, which I thought was really good as well.

The Yuffie DLC is fantastic, too. Some of the most polished stuff Square has put out gameplay and graphic wise in decades. There's a mini-game in there that I'll still routinely go back to just because of how much fun it was to play too lol.
I was about 90 percent done with the PS4 version last year when I finally got a PS5. Rather than transfer the save over, I decided I'd just restart on the PS5 version to experience it in all its glory. Tonight seems like a good time to get that going.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:54 AM   #14
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
I've been replaying the OG during work on the PS5, just about to the Northern Crater. I'm expecting them to end Rebirth at The Forgotton City, when that thing is supposed to happen to that character, but I almost think the trilogy would flow better if they got all the way to the Northern Crater, when Cloud falls into the Lifestream and the party is scattered. It'd make for a great start to Part 3, with Tifa or Cid being the main character until the party is reunited.
I like where your head is with respect to cutting it off at the Northern Crater; it's a crescendo moment in the game (and I would say, relatively at it's midpoint) and would make for an epic ending for Part 2 (and I'm sure they'll dangle a cliffhanger too). I think cutting the game at the Forgotten City (where that thing happens) is almost too predictable and to be honest I'd love for them to mess with our heads a bit by pushing things a bit further.

They seem to be going with an alternate timeline/multiverse type of thing. So cutting it off at the Crater (which is an important sequence in its own right - cough...Part 2's title) could make a load of sense. Part 3 could begin essentially with a significantly deeper (and playable) exploration of the lifestream sequence with Cloud (maybe it's not just in his head after all....) and they could make it quite an expanded experience.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:30 PM   #15
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

The demo is out now. The State of Play came out yesterday, and holy smokes...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2024, 06:17 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

Looks amazing!!! Buying day one digitally!! Looking forward to it even more after watching yesterday's State of Play!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »