Home

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC)

This is a discussion on Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #65
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC)

I’m still playing quite a bit. Had 62 hours the last time I looked.

I’ve been looking at the official KCD forums, and there’s been a lot of both praise & criticism. While there are a lot of bugs, I’ve only had 2 crashes in over 60 hours. (XB1)

One big complaint reported is that the combat gets trivially easy by mid-game. I have reached the point where I can one-shot a lowly bandit (one that is not outfit well) with one well placed strike, but some bandit leaders and other story characters can make me work for it, especially if I’m outnumbered.

The alchemy crafting is well done & fun, but there’s no other crafting to speak ok.

While I was pleased to find that bandit camps do respawn after you clear them, this game could really benefit from some more peril while you’re out adventuring. Sure, there’s a chance that I can get jumped while traveling the roads (both real time & fast travel), but those encounters are rarely challenging.

I would also really like to see random enemies on horseback. You never see that, outside of story sequences.

For a first time effort from the developers, they exceeded my expectations and I feel like I’ve already got my money’s worth, but due to the bugs and a few issues, I would also say it might be good to wait for a price drop.

One thing that has gotten better as I have progressed is the horse handling/control. At first it was a little wonky, but after you raise your horsemanship skill, it becomes really good. Plus i think you can purchase better bridles that supposedly improve control even more.

One of the biggest gripes I’ve read is the save system. People hate it, but it doesn’t bother me. You can only save from sleeping, some story events autosave, then there’s the Saviour Schnapps potion that you can either brew or purchase. I’ve got my alchemy skilled up pretty high and I can now autobrew 3 potions at a time, plus I have discovered a location with abundant belladonna (a required ingredient), so it’s no big deal at all.

The lockpicking on the other hand is too hard on controller, for me and many others. I’ve heard this will be patched.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 07:41 PM   #66
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I have it but haven’t played it. Gonna wait awhile for the new patches to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 03-25-2018, 10:26 AM   #67
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
I have it but haven’t played it. Gonna wait awhile for the new patches to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Finally got to pick this up. Only played for an hour or so late last night.

Got to the combat training and it's better than I even imagined based on what I read. I wish Skyrim was just as fluid. Not sure why it would be called clunky. It's very straightforward and there are actual manuevers and combos that can be pulled off.

I've barely touched on the story but I like the character interaction and dialogue choices that weigh your skill / talents against the other.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-25-2018, 04:53 PM   #68
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

I finally picked it up but my son hijacked it from me! It's ok, have too many to play with MLB the show, Battlefront II and soon Far Cry 5. It's good to be a gamer!

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 03-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #69
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

So far so good from Warhorse.

Very impressed with the voice acting. The character models can be a bit stiff but the words are performed so well that it kind of doesn't matter. I spend most of my time reading the subtitles so I get to ignore the stiff models during cut-scenes.

This may sound weird but most games (let's say like 90% of them) have a story so convuluted or dumb that after about an hour or two of playing I have no idea why I'm even killing enemies or sneaking around. It becomes a game of just doing random things and of course those games end up being boring and tossed aside. Kingdom Come is not out of those games (so far). I am very much aware of the story (a little Star Wars-esque) and the characters are very believable. I'm invested and that's important because I get to treat every character interaction with the importance the designers intended.

I'm still very early in the game because there are a lot of cut-scenes and they are very long. One thing I find very odd is the cut-scenes do not pause when you back out of the game and onto the PS Dashboard. Every other game automatically pauses cut-scenes (at least the games I've tried this with). Unfortunately, if youre' like me and you're not sure how often you might be interrupted while playing (my 10-month-old has no respect for my gaming), expect to miss scenes or feel a bit on-edge during cut-scenes hoping everyone just gives you 5-10 minutes to watch and listen.

Luckily I have not missed a scene yet but I tested the "not" stopping by reading ahead in subtitles, backing out to the dashboard, then returning to the game, and finding that the character speaking was still going on while I was away.

This can become a bit of a problem as well since some interactions require timed-dialogue choices. So be weary of your time. This is not a game to sit-down for 10 minutes and think you'll be okay because you can freeze when in the dashboard.

Something I really like is the inventory screen. I don't know if it's the colors, the interface, the set-up, but whatever it is it just feels right. Very comfortable. I knew exactly what I needed to do and how to get there. Compare this to Shadow of Mordor (which I'm playing alongside this) and it's night and day. Where Shadow of Mordor is a nightmare to cycle through (I don't even bother to look at the menu unless the game prompts me to press down to add a skill point or check a new item), Kingdome Come: Deliverance is clear, concise, and even offers some nice historical information about the time period and location.

More impressions coming. I echo a lot of the things everyone has already said. I think this is a very well-developed (excluding bugs that the developers are continuously working on remedying) game based on a couple hours.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-29-2018, 02:47 PM   #70
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

So for those that are playing...
Without getting too deep so I don't spoil the story for people, did anyone do like I did and forget to bring their horse with them on their journey back to Skalitz to take care of some personal business?

Was I actually able to bring my horse? Because the gates are down and it looks like I'm walking!

Old 03-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #71
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

And nevermind. That no horse situation was resolved by the game.

For a game about doom and gloom, it's a lot of fun.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #72
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
And nevermind. That no horse situation was resolved by the game.

For a game about doom and gloom, it's a lot of fun.

Are you playing on the PS4 or PC? The PC patch was just recently released. Wondering how people are liking it. The consoles are still in approval process.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »