Home

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC)

This is a discussion on Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #41
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC)

This games controls are so clunky amd its so unforgiving that i almost want to punt puppies on the ps4 version. Im all for a realistic experience but to die 30 times in the first bit of combat when you only get a 2 minute combat tutorial is driving me insane. It barely gives you an idea of what to do and then suddenly im put in a no win situation. Im getting really frustrated lol.
To me the controls are horribly ported and you cant even remap them on consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 05:11 PM   #42
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
This games controls are so clunky amd its so unforgiving that i almost want to punt puppies on the ps4 version. Im all for a realistic experience but to die 30 times in the first bit of combat when you only get a 2 minute combat tutorial is driving me insane. It barely gives you an idea of what to do and then suddenly im put in a no win situation. Im getting really frustrated lol.
To me the controls are horribly ported and you cant even remap them on consoles.
Is there an area where you can train without going into the story?
Old 02-13-2018, 07:27 PM   #43
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Just go to the training guy in Rattay, you can choose different things to practice

You can do free training, and if you beat the guy, he will teach you new skills.
I just learned how to riposte.

Last edited by Cpre5; 02-13-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:26 AM   #44
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
Just go to the training guy in Rattay, you can choose different things to practice

You can do free training, and if you beat the guy, he will teach you new skills.
That's good to know. I've just made it to Rattay, but I haven't had a chance to do much there yet. Question- Have you noticed if your skills improve (level up) whilst doing the free training?

I just finished a four hour straight gaming session, so I'm about 6 hours in now altogether, and I am enjoying myself immensely. This game is right up my alley. It's quite a bit scripted getting off the ground in the first few hours, but due to the quality of the writing and story, I don't mind at all.

I'm going to list a few things that have impressed me and/or been one of those "man that's really cool" moments:
  • the hunger/food system and fatigue/sleep system is persistent, but not overdone (yes you will get hungry and have to address it and eat, but food is fairly plentiful and I have not stressed about it.)
  • I appreciated the fact that I found a certain type of weapon, and I could wield it, but because my character doesn't possess a high enough minimum agility rating, it gave me an alert that I wouldn't be very effective using it.
  • The writing and voice acting is much better than I anticipated.
  • The lighting is really well done. Walking around at night with a torch, or entering a room with only a little bit of candlelight feels right.
  • Combat is not punishingly difficult so far. I was braced for it being really hard, but the actual swordplay has not been frustrating so far, albeit I have only really encountered a few bandits that are likely low level, but I've dispatched them pretty quickly.
  • The armor system. OMG I love having the layered armor. That gratifying feeling when you peel a gambeson and better shoes off of a thug who was coming at you with bad intentions. I'm in heaven in this department.
  • Ok, there was free kettle of food, so I thought to myself "ooh, I just ate a carrot, but I think I'll top off the 'ol tank with some free soup...don't mind if I do..." So then it gives me a debuff, including an icon of a pig to indicate that I've overeaten and I will be clumsy and sluggish for a while! (this hits too close to home, like in real life lol)

Ok, to balance it out fairly, here's a few things I've seen that can be improved:
  • just a few glitches like bad NPC pathing while they walk around and get stuck on something (only once saw that); a cow standing on top of a fence; (but nothing anywhere close to annoying or detrimental to the game)
  • performance on XB1 is not the best. Not a huge deal to me, but some textures are kinda low res, and I've seen a little bit of pop-in, but nothing too bad on frame rate so far. Overall graphic style is well done, but I think the PC screens before release had my expectations a little too high.
  • Like the ACG review posted earlier in this thread, there's not enough wildlife outside the towns. I think all I've seen so far is a butterfly, but it must be noted that I have not even tried to venture into the woods yet.

Ok, this is probably not a spoiler, and definitely not a story spoiler, but just in case I'll present this next one in spoiler mode:

Spoiler

Note: If you are considering buying this game, you should really invest some time watching gameplay videos and watching and reading reviews. The ACG video linked earlier was a fair review. It pointed out many of the pros and cons that I agree with. I realize that I've been gushing about this game, and I really do dig it, but I'd like to reiterate my opinion that this type of game won't be for everyone. I like games like Horizon Zero Dawn, AC: Origins, Far Cry games, & Zelda: BotW, but this one is not really like those. Whereas those games excel in getting you into the action really quick and having a sense of "go go go", this one presents itself in a very different way. Yes, there are moments of action and combat that feel intense, but half of the fun in this one includes slowing down and appreciating the depth of the game world and system they've created, and how much care they have put into it. It's pretty much a medieval life simulator wrapped around what's shaping up to be a very compelling story.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 02-14-2018, 01:36 AM   #45
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5

Are you on a console? Its rhe controls im having the most problem with. Im not meaning to be overly critical, just that on the ps4 pro, im findings He controls a bit rough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2018, 06:40 AM   #46
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
That's good to know. I've just made it to Rattay, but I haven't had a chance to do much there yet. Question- Have you noticed if your skills improve (level up) whilst doing the free training?

I just finished a four hour straight gaming session, so I'm about 6 hours in now altogether, and I am enjoying myself immensely. This game is right up my alley. It's quite a bit scripted getting off the ground in the first few hours, but due to the quality of the writing and story, I don't mind at all.

I'm going to list a few things that have impressed me and/or been one of those "man that's really cool" moments:
  • the hunger/food system and fatigue/sleep system is persistent, but not overdone (yes you will get hungry and have to address it and eat, but food is fairly plentiful and I have not stressed about it.)
  • I appreciated the fact that I found a certain type of weapon, and I could wield it, but because my character doesn't possess a high enough minimum agility rating, it gave me an alert that I wouldn't be very effective using it.
  • The writing and voice acting is much better than I anticipated.
  • The lighting is really well done. Walking around at night with a torch, or entering a room with only a little bit of candlelight feels right.
  • Combat is not punishingly difficult so far. I was braced for it being really hard, but the actual swordplay has not been frustrating so far, albeit I have only really encountered a few bandits that are likely low level, but I've dispatched them pretty quickly.
  • The armor system. OMG I love having the layered armor. That gratifying feeling when you peel a gambeson and better shoes off of a thug who was coming at you with bad intentions. I'm in heaven in this department.
  • Ok, there was free kettle of food, so I thought to myself "ooh, I just ate a carrot, but I think I'll top off the 'ol tank with some free soup...don't mind if I do..." So then it gives me a debuff, including an icon of a pig to indicate that I've overeaten and I will be clumsy and sluggish for a while! (this hits too close to home, like in real life lol)

Ok, to balance it out fairly, here's a few things I've seen that can be improved:
  • just a few glitches like bad NPC pathing while they walk around and get stuck on something (only once saw that); a cow standing on top of a fence; (but nothing anywhere close to annoying or detrimental to the game)
  • performance on XB1 is not the best. Not a huge deal to me, but some textures are kinda low res, and I've seen a little bit of pop-in, but nothing too bad on frame rate so far. Overall graphic style is well done, but I think the PC screens before release had my expectations a little too high.
  • Like the ACG review posted earlier in this thread, there's not enough wildlife outside the towns. I think all I've seen so far is a butterfly, but it must be noted that I have not even tried to venture into the woods yet.

Ok, this is probably not a spoiler, and definitely not a story spoiler, but just in case I'll present this next one in spoiler mode:

Spoiler

Note: If you are considering buying this game, you should really invest some time watching gameplay videos and watching and reading reviews. The ACG video linked earlier was a fair review. It pointed out many of the pros and cons that I agree with. I realize that I've been gushing about this game, and I really do dig it, but I'd like to reiterate my opinion that this type of game won't be for everyone. I like games like Horizon Zero Dawn, AC: Origins, Far Cry games, & Zelda: BotW, but this one is not really like those. Whereas those games excel in getting you into the action really quick and having a sense of "go go go", this one presents itself in a very different way. Yes, there are moments of action and combat that feel intense, but half of the fun in this one includes slowing down and appreciating the depth of the game world and system they've created, and how much care they have put into it. It's pretty much a medieval life simulator wrapped around what's shaping up to be a very compelling story.
Respect. The user reviews and new critic reviews are leaning positive.

I'm thinking that once I finish SotC, I'll trade it in for this game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 02-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #47
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Are you on a console? Its rhe controls im having the most problem with. Im not meaning to be overly critical, just that on the ps4 pro, im findings He controls a bit rough.
I’m on the One X.

It was hard at first, I could only hard block and swing, spent a lot of time going backwards.

After practicing and and doing training.

Side step an attack
Block and adrenaline boost
Block with in instant counter “hit with the hilt”
Multiple combos, very effective

Also go into your player skill tree now and then and level up.
I have a better chance to draw blood, and a perfect block cost no stamina

Edit: also just by doing the training, you level,up attack, defenses, strength, Agility, Viality
Old 02-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #48
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

If I'm reading this right, it says that Steam has the latest patch. Anyone on PC notice anything new/or improved? The consoles ready in 2-weeks probably means its in the testing/acceptance phase with Sony and Microsoft.

Quote:
"Hello guys, we are aware about the bugs that could happen and are working hard on fixing them. Steam has the latest patch already, console owners will get this patch (1.0.3 for PS4, 1.0.0.118 Xbox) ASAP. PS4 patches 1.0.1 & 1.0.2 are the same, the difference is only in territory."

"Next patch is coming soon and will fix lot of quest bugs and other issues like framerate drops. Expected release in approx 2 weeks..."

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/201...-3-coming-asap

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »