Home

Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #17
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
They pretty much broke down every issue I have with Sandlot games and why I end up getting bored playing them.

If Witcher 3 finds a way to deliver the joy of a finite linear storyline adventure with an open world, I'll be a happy man.
It really seems to be a catch twenty-two. You either have an open world and fill it with the typical side quests, item collecting, and general dicking around, but because of that the story typically fails to really pull the player in and compel them to finish out the main story. Or if they do have a pretty legitimate storyline the random activities in the open world suffer.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casfhey
this Witcher deserves the best a PC can provide.
I can't find the tweet but someone asked which version would be best since the new consoles are coming out. One of the devs responded "that would be PC good sir" from there it turned into a typical console vs pc argument....

CDProjekt has always been good to the PC market and they know what PC gamers want. So yeah they will probably make your current rig plead for mercy...
Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #19
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Witcher 3 coming to PS4! And here I am thinking that we will have to wait a couple of years to see what the devs can do with the new hardware...since the PS4 is basically a PC and CDProjekt guys are pretty much PC devs they should have no problems pushing the PS4 to its limits!

Quote:
"The new hardware gives us the opportunity to create something great," added Badowski. "We are able to work with the new console from its birth and this allows our in-house REDengine 3 to push the graphical limits of what the PlayStation hardware can display. The console is fresh and has some innovative solutions that we're looking forward to using in our game."
http://kotaku.com/5985866/the-witche...-out-this-year

Last edited by Goffs; 02-21-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #20
Pro

masterkembo's Arena

OVR: 9

Any chance they'll release the first two games in PlayStation? I would love to play this series but we only have a Mac and no XBox...
Old 02-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm trying to decide if I want to jump on at launch (depending on the price of course) or just build a good multimedia rig for this and some of the other launch games.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #22
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I'm trying to decide if I want to jump on at launch (depending on the price of course) or just build a good multimedia rig for this and some of the other launch games.
Same here. My system should be good for another year but eventually I have to decide to either upgrade or go console. I love the amount of $ I've saved via Amazon/STEAM sales on PC games which helps offset the costs in the long run.

If only PC had NFL

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

I had just finished the first Witcher on PC, and got captivated in a way that I haven't been since ME. Got The Witcher 2, and was as happy as I was disappointed, if that makes sense, that none of what happened in the first game seemed to affect the 2nd. Meant I felt good about making the Xbox purchase, but a bit miffed that, for example...
Spoiler
Old 03-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #24
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Same here. My system should be good for another year but eventually I have to decide to either upgrade or go console. I love the amount of $ I've saved via Amazon/STEAM sales on PC games which helps offset the costs in the long run.

If only PC had NFL
Seriously! PC sales have been amazing for me, and my PC runs games like FC3 and Hitman pretty well. I also have my PC not too far from main tv, so may set it up so I can play Xbox/PS3 on my monitor there, while the main tv is for my fiancee.

I usually play while we have the tv on or whatnot....

I need to get Witcher 2 on sale for PC before I think about 3, 2 seems pretty cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »