Home

Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
They trynna make me buy a next gen console on release!

Must be patient.

But game sounds amazing and I can't wait to play it in like 2016.
Open world RPG, with great characters, story, and dialogue too? Patience for me is out the window. This is definitely a "system seller" game for me.

Add these little tidbits to the mix.

Quote:
improved combat system
Quote:
no Quick Time Events
Quote:
scripted bosses out
Yep, NuXBOX here I come.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #10
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Day 1 Purchase, guaranteed. And screw the next-gen consoles, this Witcher deserves the best a PC can provide.

I seriously wish all game devs are like CD Projekt RED. Currently THE best out there, IMO.

@nicroni
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #11
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

OOH YEAH!

From gameinformer enjoy!
http://imgur.com/a/TsvIV#6
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 AM   #12
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

^

Nice. And these screens are running on the older engine still! Can't wait for in-game pictures of the new engine running.

@nicroni
Old 02-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #13
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

Looks like I'll be upgrading my PC next year!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #14
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Comparing The Open World Of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Quote:
Watch the video interview to hear the game's director and lead quest designer talk about converting the world of The Witcher and what lessons they have learned from games like Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, and Assassin's Creed 3.
Some Notes:
  • "Everyone in this studio plays Skyrim" - team is a fan of open world games.
  • Lessons learned from Skyrim: you need to care about immersion in the game.
  • "Skyrim was generic". Disliked the way Skyrim handled quests, where NPCs would never really acknowledge what you accomplished or did. You'd have a generic set of quests and that's it. The team feels that quests should be unique and NPCs should acknowledge the things you've done for them.
  • Felt this is where The Witcher 2 succeeded: choice and consequence. You got to see how your quest choices impacted the lives of NPCs, and you can speak to them about it, whether they're angry or happy.
  • "(Skyrim) didn't have very good characters". Tried to remember and name five different characters from the game and couldn't.
  • Thought exploring in Skyrim was great, but the story and characters were generic. So they want to learn from Skyrim how to best make an "open world". Make sure they have huge vistas, but plenty of adventures and stuff to do.
  • Vistas are important. Notes the sensation of leaving the first dungeon in Skyrim and seeing the mountains and towns in the distance, delivering a feeling of a huge world to explore. Vistas need to deliver the feeling that you can explore things in the distance.
  • Acknowledges the challenge of blending a cinematic experience and cutscenes with freedom of adventuring, not making boundaries. Always an issue with story driven games.
  • Notes Fallout: New Vegas: thought it had a really good story and open world without too many cutscenes, but felt something was missing. Thought it might be caused by the tools, or something else, but whatever it was it shows that it's a big challenge to blend the two.
  • Notes Assassin's Creed III: felt there was always something to do in the main quest, but trying to hunt down side quests always lead to generic stuff, and that hurt the immersion of the world.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

They pretty much broke down every issue I have with Sandlot games and why I end up getting bored playing them.

If Witcher 3 finds a way to deliver the joy of a finite linear storyline adventure with an open world, I'll be a happy man.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #16
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

Their ambition is off the charts. I worry about them having the resources to pull off something of this magnitude, but even if they fall short, they will undoubtedly set the bar for all the next generation RPGs, and that is a good thing.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »