Home

Cyberpunk 2077

This is a discussion on Cyberpunk 2077 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #33
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
re: Cyberpunk 2077

E3 trailer looked good but I was a little disappointed we didn't get a release date at the end of the trailer.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:20 PM   #34
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

It seems like I'm in the minority based on the reactions I've seen online so far, but that trailer killed all of my hype for the game. It gave off a Watch Dogs and GTA vibe, which is not at all what I expected. I was hoping for something darker and grittier, instead the trailer was super bright and vibrant which seems weird for a Cyberpunk game, but oh well. I shouldn't overhyped the game for myself.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:44 PM   #35
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

game looked awesome, cant wait to find out when itll be released. I assume we will start seeing more stuff about it in the coming months. its been a long 6 years man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 06:59 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 0

Cinematic looked great but I want to see gameplay and the combat. Expecting a May 2020 release with a year from now being gameplay. In other words, I think CDPR follows what they did with The Witcher 3.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:10 PM   #37
OS Supporter - 12/14/14

DELUS1ONAL's Arena

OVR: 4

Notes from the end of the trailer:

Before we finish, you probably have some questions,
1. When?
When we told you we would only release the game when it’s ready, we meant it. We’re definitely much closer to a release date than we were back then but it’s still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us. It’s the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.
2. How big?
Seriously big, but… to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we’ll do this before we start talking about pre-orders or ask anything of you.
3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM
Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077, will be 100% DRM-free on PC.
4. Microtransactions?
In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?
Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you posted we treat it very seriously.
Yours,
CD PROJEKT RED Team”

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #38
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELUS1ONAL
Notes from the end of the trailer:

Before we finish, you probably have some questions,
1. When?
When we told you we would only release the game when it’s ready, we meant it. We’re definitely much closer to a release date than we were back then but it’s still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us. It’s the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.
2. How big?
Seriously big, but… to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we’ll do this before we start talking about pre-orders or ask anything of you.
3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM
Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077, will be 100% DRM-free on PC.
4. Microtransactions?
In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?
Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you posted we treat it very seriously.
Yours,
CD PROJEKT RED Team”

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
There is also a "we leave greed to others" note or something like that

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 06-11-2018, 12:36 AM   #39
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

While I expect that the game will still be top shelf, I am disappointed that it seems like they have veered away from the sci-fi noir feel that the first teaser game us. It's still a technological dystopia, but I didn't get the sense people being in despair about their existence.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:58 AM   #40
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1

Here's a picture (with colors inverted) of those actual notes at the end of the trailer. Those sneaky bastards, I never noticed that during the live stream.

Also the first half of the notes (the ones posted above were the second half):

Quote:
It’s been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and… went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things — you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves and get to work. We wanted to give you the Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077’s pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At she point we made the decisions to resume talking about the game when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realize you’ve been impatiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn’t like anyone to feel that we’re taking this for granted. On the contrary — it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too

But to the point. Today is the day. If you’re seeing this, it means you saw the trailer. - our vision for Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don’t let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You’ll be able to create your own character and… well, you’ll get to know the rest of what show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

Last edited by Smooth Pancakes; 06-11-2018 at 01:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »