Home

Cyberpunk 2077

This is a discussion on Cyberpunk 2077 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-13-2018, 08:49 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
re: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
The negative crowd is just the vocal minority.

I understand there are gamers that don't like FPS but this was the developer's decision and it's explained pretty well. It's what they think works best.

I really think anyone expecting this to be Witcher with a Cyberpunk theme is going to be very disappointed. Nothing about what I've read or seen indicates the developer is copying and pasting their earlier work.

Isn't innovation what we desire as gamers? And CDP is innovating and taking a leap with a game based on a board game unlike one that was based on novels. Different approach.

But we should not question their passion and dedication to create a solid title. They've proven how much they care about gamers.

Even if I end up disliking Cyperpunk, I guarantee it will be personal preference over the game being incomplete, buggy or terrible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I don't think that is what people are expecting or are excited about. I think it has more to do with the level of quality we've come to expect out of their games.

― Plato
Old 06-13-2018, 09:10 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Hope this game tanks
That's pretty short sighted when you consider it's just the location of the camera. Far more comes into justifying if a game is quality or not, but writing it off just because of one small nugget of information seems emotional over rational, which is never a good way to analyze things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
The negative crowd is just the vocal minority.

I understand there are gamers that don't like FPS but this was the developer's decision and it's explained pretty well. It's what they think works best.

I really think anyone expecting this to be Witcher with a Cyberpunk theme is going to be very disappointed. Nothing about what I've read or seen indicates the developer is copying and pasting their earlier work.

Isn't innovation what we desire as gamers? And CDP is innovating and taking a leap with a game based on a board game unlike one that was based on novels. Different approach.

But we should not question their passion and dedication to create a solid title. They've proven how much they care about gamers.

Even if I end up disliking Cyperpunk, I guarantee it will be personal preference over the game being incomplete, buggy or terrible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
well said CMH!
Old 06-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #59
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Hoping CD Project fails???Come on man..CD Project has been good to their fanbase for many years. I think they have earned some good faith....
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I'm a huge fan of these guys. When I cracked open my copy of The Witcher 3 a few years ago and found stickers, a soundtrack for the game on disk and a thank you note to the consumer I was so shocked by that small attention to detail that's sort of a lost art now.

Wishing a game would fail is pretty stupid. I hate Fortnite and it's band of crazies, but I don't go around wishing they would fail. Unless they attacked you personally or did you some sort of disservice it's petty. There are too many good games and consoles to be a grumpy gus about it.

Last edited by AUChase; 06-14-2018 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:27 PM   #61
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

There is nothing we have heard about this that should concern a gamer who wants quality and bang for their buck.

We're going to get an amazing game made by a development team that will treat its consumers with respect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 09:31 PM   #62
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

I'm pissed there won't be a 3rd person perspective as far as we know. I hope they reconsider adding it before launch whenever that is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #63
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Witcher 3 is one of the greatest games ever, but I had to tap out after like 40 hours because I simply hated the combat/movement. Like most people I would imagine, the possibility that CP 2077 would be a first person game wasn't even a consideration, but I am stoked.
You might be in the minority on that one. Nothing was wrong with the movement or combat. You must have tried to run everywhere instead of walking. The combat was simple button presses or holds.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:26 AM   #64
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
You might be in the minority on that one. Nothing was wrong with the movement or combat. You must have tried to run everywhere instead of walking. The combat was simple button presses or holds.

I didn't say anything was "wrong" with it, I just hated it. Put Kingdoms of Amalur or Shadows of Mordor combat in The Witcher 3 and I would have put 300 hours into that game, but that's not what they were going for, I ain't mad them though.

It's like how a lot of people are very upset that their isn't going to be a 3rd person perspective for CP 2077. There won't be anything wrong with that either, but many people will still hate it and not play it for that reason.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »