Home

Thank You 2K!...NHL 2K10 has regained the CROWN!

This is a discussion on Thank You 2K!...NHL 2K10 has regained the CROWN! within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #33
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Thank You 2K!...NHL 2K10 has regained the CROWN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
The nice part of this game is that every offensive push doesn't result in scoring chances. I've had games where I go 5 minutes before a team is able to sustain pressure in a zone and create a chance. That's very nice. The neutral zone is actually used beyond "this is where I skate up the boards!"
I agree.
Like O6 and others have said....the skating is pretty clunky. Worst part of the game IMO....but it's tolerable.
One thing that feels really great is....getting that pass into the neutral zone or opposing blue line and know that a lot of times you will simply have to dump the puck in.
That leads me to the next nice thing about the gameplay....I don't know if it's not from playing it last year that much(I went with '09), but the dump ins feel much more realistic than EA's game. Hard to describe....but if you've played both, you know what I mean(I think!)

Still two things missing from both games....icing. It just doesn't happen enough in either game IMO.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 09-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 17

Knight, if you like give my ACCEL/ICE sliders a whirl. I'm looking for feedback and the settings may address some of your concerns
Old 09-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #35
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Knight, if you like give my ACCEL/ICE sliders a whirl. I'm looking for feedback and the settings may address some of your concerns
Great...I'll check them out.
Thank you.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #36
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Like O6 and others have said....the skating is pretty clunky. Worst part of the game
Yeah and it's the main reason I went out and bought NHL10 last night. It's really not that tolerable for me. That and the goalies really kill the enjoyment of 2K10 for me. A shame too, because there is so much else I like about it.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #37
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm really glad that you enjoy 2k10, and I have no interest in talking anyone out of liking it, but speaking objectively, there's no way 2k10 "regains the crown."

From everything I've seen (and played) the game still looks atrocious compared to what we get in NHL 10 and even other sports games from 2k. I don't know if the gameplay is "organic" or not, but it isn't believable. The videos on IGN showed goalies butterflying facing the blue line, while guys are skating to a sharp angle and shooting pucks behind them. I'm also hearing it's still a one-timer fest, and I really don't think the gameplay has evolved much since the days on PS2.

Your franchise mode, however, does crush, apparently, and I'm half tempted to pick up a copy of 2k8 or something for $5 just to see how it works. But this reminds me NBA 2k vs. NBA Live, where Live started out so far behind that they'd improve it every year and people proclaimed "We're the best now!" But just because the competitor improves doesn't mean you're still anywhere close to what the other guy is doing.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #38
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Yeah and it's the main reason I went out and bought NHL10 last night. It's really not that tolerable for me. That and the goalies really kill the enjoyment of 2K10 for me. A shame too, because there is so much else I like about it.
I'm gonna head out and trade in 2K10 for NHL 10. I love aspects of 2K10, but the skating and controls are murdering me. I can't handle it. I can't enjoy the game because my guys keep getting rooted in mud. Check the Impressions thread for my thoughts.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #39
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I'm gonna head out and trade in 2K10 for NHL 10. I love aspects of 2K10, but the skating and controls are murdering me. I can't handle it. I can't enjoy the game because my guys keep getting rooted in mud. Check the Impressions thread for my thoughts.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you enjoy NHL 10.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #40
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
I'm also hearing it's still a one-timer fest
If there's any complaint I could have about this game that wouldn't be it. I honestly see very few one-timers. On my side I find that they are not easy to pull off. I think I scored one goal on a one timer in all the games I've played. Of course this is after slider adjustments. I can't vouch for the default settings..which you'd be crazy to play with anyway. There is actually a slider for one-timer frequency so yeah, I guess if that's pumped up it would be a one-timer fest, but I haven't seen it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »