Home

Thank You 2K!...NHL 2K10 has regained the CROWN!

This is a discussion on Thank You 2K!...NHL 2K10 has regained the CROWN! within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #65
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Thank You 2K!...NHL 2K10 has regained the CROWN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
don't have the game yet but wondering if it's possible to use a different set of controls (buttons only instead of r stick) to help with the shooting problems.

Yes you can switch to using buttons instead of the stick to shoot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 15

thanks for the info guys, i'll likely pick this game up instead of nhl10 as it seems from what i've been reading player separation is better in 2k10 and so is franchise and i only play offline.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Yes you can. But even then, you'll see some issues with shooting.
I'm not convinced it's a lag in the controls, but rather a slave to the animations.
I do notice that the top shooters can fire off shots quicker (seems so anyway).

So this is just another example of how the game tries to separate the shooters from the regulars and the scrubs.
I appreciate that a lot. But at the same time, at moments it seems too exaggerated. The animations for shooting need to be a touch quicker at moments.
See I like that, even the animation come in to effect or is it affect? I like that about the game, but I have some great shooter on my Sharks, so I am not effected by it.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 5

As I mentioned in other posts, THE biggest problem (there are others too) is the lack of smooth transitional animations from one movement to the next. You'll see it is most prevalent When a player changes directions and such. And the Goalies suffer from this as bad as the players ( for example, the 2 frame belly flop to the ice to cover up a loose puck in a split second)

They cleaned it up a little in comparison to last year but it still isnt completely fluid and graceful. And it gets really ugly when you have several player's jostling for the puck in front of the net or behind it.

I actually agree with what Venom wrote up in one of his posts on 2KHockey.net about how advanced and realistic the skating physics and animations really are. They really more on transfer of weight and real pivoting and gliding rather than actual scripted simplistic motion captured sequences like in NHL 10.

However, its 2K10's inability to maintain a fluid range of motion when the player's abruptly change directions or engage in other animations such as stopping, checking and such that creates the fast choppy gameplay that gives it a very unpolished look and feel

They really need to smooth that out and this is one damn sweet and realistic game
Old 09-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 15

so is it so choppy that my old eyes are going to get spazzed out while playing or is it a "slow choppy not to hard on the eyes" kind of thing, lol.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
so is it so choppy that my old eyes are going to get spazzed out while playing or is it a "slow choppy not to hard on the eyes" kind of thing, lol.
You basically have to make that conclusion on your own. Some will say it is choppy and some will say it is fine. The game play is smooth too me. But that is just my opinion.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #71
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I see it most in the RB move(the stick sweep)....so much so that I've dropped from using it.
When I hit the RB to try and sweep the puck away from an opponent....it's almost as if the game stops any other animations(skating!)...to perform that one.
Frustrating.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 5

Not really sure how to describe it other than its just not a fluid range of motion when the players switch their movements so it can make the game look and feel very stilted or awkward at times

Maybe choppy per se isnt the right description....its not like the framerate stutters or anything its more an issue with not having enough motion captured frames between transistion movements...I think.

If you play EA's NHL, you can see much more natural range of motion from one movement to the next which, I think it captures a more realistic polished flow of the game. You can see the differences if switch between the 2 games. Despite this, I think 2K's game is the better game, I just like the way EA's game captures some of the player's movements.

Some of you may not have a problem with it but some will...2K always had issues with seamless natural movement in all their sports games. I think NBA 2K9 was one of the only games they made that didnt really have that issue.

Perhaps they run into this problem because the game uses more physics based calculations to trigger certain animations...I dunno

Last edited by DarkFudge; 09-21-2009 at 08:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »