Home

Dallas Cowboys War Room

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys War Room within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-05-2017, 09:24 PM   #3961
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Dallas Cowboys War Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
We've only drafted 1 WR in the first round under him. If you're expecting later round guys to turn into Alvin Harper and Michael Irvin then IDK what to tell you.

I do think Butler is better than he was in Oakland and Beasley got better, obviously. Dez has been reduced by injuries. WR is a sore spot on this team. I'm okay with that if the OL is producing.
Dez has been reduced by HIMSELF! Not injuries! We gave him the money & he's disappeared pretty much. I think it's more into his own fault category than injuries. I think he lacks effort myself. If you take a look at some of our running plays on tape/video then you will clearly see it. About 1 out of every 5 running plays he will try to block somebody.

That's lack of effort. It's his responsibility as a WR to not only catch the darn ball but to block on running plays so Zeke or whoever is running has a chance to gain more yards. Right now, with his numbers & lack of effort he looks way overpaid as a WR. He also lacks effort on passes thrown his way too. It's not me making this up. All you have to do is grab some tape/video of him & you will see what I'm talking about. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 11:21 PM   #3962
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Dez has been reduced by HIMSELF! Not injuries! We gave him the money & he's disappeared pretty much. I think it's more into his own fault category than injuries. I think he lacks effort myself. If you take a look at some of our running plays on tape/video then you will clearly see it. About 1 out of every 5 running plays he will try to block somebody.

That's lack of effort. It's his responsibility as a WR to not only catch the darn ball but to block on running plays so Zeke or whoever is running has a chance to gain more yards. Right now, with his numbers & lack of effort he looks way overpaid as a WR. He also lacks effort on passes thrown his way too. It's not me making this up. All you have to do is grab some tape/video of him & you will see what I'm talking about. Thanks.

I wouldn’t say that injuries have had nothing to do with his lack of production. In 2015 (the year he held out and then signed his big contract) he broke his foot in week 1. Then by the time he got back Romo was gone for the broken collar bone. Then in 2016 he broke his leg (I believe it was his leg). This year though there is absolutely no excuse. He’s in the 3rd year of his extension and in his prime and isn’t doing squat. He’s being paid top 5 money but isn’t putting forth top 5 production.

If Dez does not end up with 1,000-1,200 yards and 10-15 TD’s this year his contract really becomes a problem and I expect the team to ask him to take a pay cut. That’s where things will get interesting. If he refuses do they actually cut him? I honestly don’t think they will because of a couple different reasons. They don’t have another #1 WR on the roster. They would need to draft one high and with their defense being as bad as it is they can’t afford to take a WR high. Also factor in that Beasley’s contract is coming up too. They have his replacement on the roster already (Switzer) but you don’t want Switzer and TWill being your top 2 WR’s. I also do not think you can trade Dez because of the cap hit.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:39 PM   #3963
Banned

The Cowgirls need to get it together
Old 10-08-2017, 07:31 PM   #3964
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Dallas Cowboys War Room

Another game that simpleton Jason Garrett loses with his complete lack of game clock management..lol, pathetic

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #3965
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

How so?

You guys pretty much owned TOP. Not sure this is a game I’d pin on Garrett. Marinelli, maybe because that’s 2 weeks in a row they blown double digit leads at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2017, 08:12 PM   #3966
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
How so?

You guys pretty much owned TOP. Not sure this is a game I’d pin on Garrett. Marinelli, maybe because that’s 2 weeks in a row they blown double digit leads at home.

Because the stupid fade to Bryant saved 20+ seconds that would have disappeared if they had run the ball instead.

I disagreed with Dak taking it in on the keeper but you don't count points either, so I totally understand why he would.

I have a million things that pissed me off from this game.

Body catcher Terance Williams and Butler need to swap spots.

The refs were absolutely terrible as usual in this series. The Mayowa "unnecessary roughness" call was complete crap. An absolute superstar call. Maybe 2-3 other QBs get that call. He barely hit him, and it wasn't to the head or neck area. Even Favre wouldn't have gotten that cal.

Rod Marinelli has his hands tied with so many rookies out there but he needs to have learned that you can't play soft zone in that situation. I hate that 2-3-6 defensive stuff.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:00 PM   #3967
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
How so?

Garrets teams always lose these types of games.
So yeah it's more on Linehan who calls the plays. (Fade on 2nd and 1)
Still this is a re-occurring theme under Garrett.

Defense flat out blows.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:11 PM   #3968
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

The Run Defense was terrible today. I started watching Jaylon.
There were several times he was in position and he flat out missed
the tackle. Or ran misread the play and took himself out of the play
completely.

He is not 100% everyone knows that. But he is also not very good
right now. You cant take that type of layoff and just pick up where
you left off. I can't believe it's gone on this long. Hes a liability out
there.. I was hoping we would bring in Daryl Washington in the pre
season. I didn't feel like he could play this year.

I am not writing off Smith all the way. He doesn't look right out there.
Maybe next year, but right now he's hurting us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »