Home

Dallas Cowboys War Room

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys War Room within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #3633
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Dallas Cowboys War Room

PFWA has named Jason Garrett as NFL coach of the year.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:06 AM   #3634
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
Look at the schedule...they didn't give up 35 points in a game because they played some horrible teams with horrible offenses, and caught both Pittsburgh and GB when they were down.

I'm not saying the defense did a great job, but it's immaterial to the question of Clock Management and Playcalling. The defense can be forgiven for letting one of the best Qbs in history have a good game. There's no one forcing Linehan/Garrett's hand, no one in their face.
I got a short & simple response to your reply. Defense wins Championships & we're just not good enough on that side of the ball no matter who the starting QB is we're facing.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 01-20-2017, 11:38 AM   #3635
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I got a short & simple response to your reply. Defense wins Championships & we're just not good enough on that side of the ball no matter who the starting QB is we're facing.
I'll agree to disagree but somehow yet strangely agree with you LOL. We do need a an improved defense to go anywhere. The plan to hide our defense behind an offense that controls the clock didn't work too well in the playoffs. It worked most all season but not when it mattered.

I still would have liked to have see us stuck to that plan though and I still think that game was quite winnable had our offensive playcalling and game clock management been better, but yes, having a defense that we aren't afraid of being on the field would be quite nice.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #3636
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I've heard this before and it is wrong for a few reasons:

1. We went 13-3 with that same defense

2. If the clock is managed correctly the defense is never put into the situation they were with having to stop Aaron Rodgers

3. see #1, defense being off the field is why we went 13-3
Playoffs are different. Defense is vital. Atlanta brought a pass rush big time. Green Bay's offense was a shell of itself, even after the first couple drives.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2017, 09:34 AM   #3637
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Guys, how did our defense play good enough to win? Atlanta played great defense. And beat the daylights out of Rogers. We played several notches down No pass rush at all. If we played just good, we would have won. Honestly it was like the defense woke up almost 3/4's of the game late. Then started to get pressure. Coaches? I can definitely see the point of running the ball at 3rd and 2 at the end there. But the coaches can Not be blamed for this loss. 13-3 did get us playing like that type of offense all year. Teams were constantly off balance and guessing. Defense lost the game. Cmon

Last edited by cable guy; 01-23-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:39 AM   #3638
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
dude, were you aware of the reason we drafted Ezekiel Elliot? to keep our defense OFF THE FIELD!

If you recall everyone had us taking Joey Bosa or a defensive player.

In blaming the defense for giving up 30+ points you are, in effect, also blaming the offense for putting them on the field as much as they did.

The entire season the reason our defense has been acceptable, or even good, is because of our time of possession, which was ridiculous.

A defense doesn't have to do anything if they are sitting on the sideline and your RB is tearing off 6 to 9 yards a play. Absolutely nothing.

So yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but only one opinion is the right one
Your point is 100% accurate. That's why we were not ready this year. That is actually what we were all saying, kinda jokingly. We will just outscore the other teams. And control the ball. We did. Better than expected imo. Playoffs.... are different.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #3639
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Playoffs are different. Defense is vital. Atlanta brought a pass rush big time. Green Bay's offense was a shell of itself, even after the first couple drives.

If you change your game plan in the playoffs, away from what got you there, then you will get sent home, just like we did.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 01-23-2017, 11:22 AM   #3640
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Your point is 100% accurate. That's why we were not ready this year. That is actually what we were all saying, kinda jokingly. We will just outscore the other teams. And control the ball. We did. Better than expected imo. Playoffs.... are different.

You may be right but myself, and many other Cowboys fans, will always wonder if we had played to our teams strengths if the outcome had been different.

Losing is hard no way you slice it, but its even more difficult to take when you lose and didn't give it your best shot.

3rd and 2 with the best offensive line in football and top RB in the game and you choose to pass? *ITS BATTED DOWN!!** smdh....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »