Home

NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday May 16th. (Nothing was announced.)

This is a discussion on NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday May 16th. (Nothing was announced.) within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 03:29 PM   #25
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday May 16th. (Nothing was announc

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
That's what 2k wanted to do last year before delaying it. According SGO, NFL wants it out before the NFL season as a well to help hype up the upcoming NFL season. For a NFL game, I don't know if releasing in November makes as much sense with most of the season being from September-January. I do agree with completely avoiding the Madden release window. But that means either late July/early August or September. You also have to consider that the CFB game will be a early-Mid July game as well.

But since this isn't a sim football game, I don't feel releasing coinciding with the start of the season is as important. So going early or later works either way. But I don't like NBA2K releasing 6 weeks prior to the NBA. I feel it should release in early October. So for this game within a month before or after makes sense.

Man i thought i was the only that felt that way about NBA 2k releasing in October and they should release two weeks before the NBA season start to get gamers hyped for the NBA season that will give the NBA more exposure momentum heading to jump start

Now for Football 2k its already been stated that there not in competition with madden
So why not release it in late mid July
Get use to that date for next year because of college football coming back

But i got to admit im still scratching my head of them purchasing the NFLPA License if it only requires them to make battlegrounds/playground style of play
And not all pro football with just NFLPA License
The NFL& NFLPA License becoming separate
But cant make their own personal games doesn't make any sense 🤷

Thats like an artist leaving a record company and sign to another record company but still gets paid, treated good, exposure the same as his old record company 🤔
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2022, 05:10 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday May 16th. (Nothing was announc

Um, that kinda happens a lot. If a musician changes labels, their old records still generate revenue for the old label. While it isn’t always the case, it’s better to have artists willing to play and promote their old stuff for you.

Or you could piss them off, only to have the artist re-record their entire back catalog to take the value of the music someone just spent millions on. See Taylor Swift.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:56 AM   #27
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Wow..Still nothing? I'm wondering if 2K presented something too close to sim and it's being held up. 🤔

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 06-17-2022, 02:06 PM   #28
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Wow..Still nothing? I'm wondering if 2K presented something too close to sim and it's being held up.

Whatever the hold up, it’s not this. The NFL, 2k and EA would have all the parameters of what is and isn’t sim before they wrote a single line of code.

I really hope we hear something soon. The madden 23 beta was garbage and I really want an NFL game this season

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-17-2022, 04:09 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I thought we'd see something between Draft and around "E3"/Summer Gamefest time period. Now it's harder to guage when. If we were to believe the reports of NFL wanting it out prior to the NFL season, then we would assume a release of August at the latest. And ideally they wouldn't want to be directly in the Madden release window. So probably early August. If we were to look at how 2k reveals NBA 2k, they usually do it 6-7 weeks prior to release. Which would be around now, if they would release around August.

But at this point, most just have to be patient and have their expectations in check. I do think it's still happening, I think there would've been reports by now if it wasn't. I would imagine they would want to start reveal it before the NBA 2k news cycle goes full force. Usually we'll see a NBA 2k cover by mid-July. So if I were to guess within the next month
Old 06-17-2022, 07:03 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can we lock this? I mean nothing happened in May.
Old 06-18-2022, 01:17 AM   #31
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebirdz
Can we lock this? I mean nothing happened in May.
That actually makes a lot of sense.

Obviously people should feel free to open a new thread whenever the next potential announcement window opens. Or, god forbid, an actual game reveal lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »