Home

NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday May 16th. (Nothing was announced.)

This is a discussion on NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday May 16th. (Nothing was announced.) within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2022, 05:31 PM   #9
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
re: NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday May 16th. (Nothing was announced.)

Seemed like a long shot anyways. At best I thought we might get the title or a passing reference to the game that could tell us if it’s more realistic style or street/playgrounds style

Have to be getting close now tho. First week of the season is a little over 3 months away

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-16-2022, 05:35 PM   #10
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
re: NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday May 16th. (Nothing was announced.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev14
Straus said they have nothing to say.
Straus skirted around the question as if it was a top secret Pentagon document. The fact that they are being so tight lipped could mean one of two things. Either it's so casual that they don't want to hype us up only to disappoint us or it's something special and they want to have a big reveal event to tell us everything about it in detail. Considering the cost the NFL license and the 17 year absence from the NFL gaming scene and the passion 2K has for football I'm still willing to bet on the latter.

Last edited by tsbmolina; 05-16-2022 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:36 PM   #11
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Seemed like a long shot anyways. At best I thought we might get the title or a passing reference to the game that could tell us if it’s more realistic style or street/playgrounds style

Have to be getting close now tho. First week of the season is a little over 3 months away

I thought the same, Damn!

Heres the link at 57 minute mark When Straus was asked about the NFL partnership.
https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/...mediaset/audio

Last edited by tsbmolina; 05-16-2022 at 05:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2022, 06:52 PM   #12
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Straus skirted around the question as if it was a top secret Pentagon document. The fact that they are being so tight lipped could mean one of two things. Either it's so casual that they don't want to hype us up only to disappoint us or it's something special and they want to have a big reveal event to tell us everything about it in detail. Considering the cost the NFL license and the 17 year absence from the NFL gaming scene and the passion 2K has for football I'm still willing to bet on the latter.
You have a point
That NFL License had to cost them millions
Only for them to make a playground type of game and expect to make a lot of sales isn't realistic
Just look at WWE battle grounds i dont remember any kids or casual going crazy for that game
Plus most of the gamers from 2k5 grew up
If Little Timmy dont beg mommy to buy this new NFL Arcade
2k might be in trouble eventually financial wise
Old 05-16-2022, 07:03 PM   #13
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

So nothing was announced...
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
If Little Timmy dont beg mommy to buy this new NFL Arcade
2k might be in trouble eventually financial wise
They are not. They have GTA Online an Red Dead Online along with NBA 2K's microtransactions. They are just fine. Stop making stuff up.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:23 PM   #14
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
So nothing was announced...

They are not. They have GTA Online an Red Dead Online along with NBA 2K's microtransactions. They are just fine. Stop making stuff up.
Make nothing up it was my opinion like everybody else
Why you so sensitive bro🤔

Anyways I was talking about 2k investing in the NFL License could cost them 💰 if Little Johnny dont beg his parents to buy this new NFL Arcade casual game and that part isn't opinion its facts💯
Old 05-16-2022, 09:42 PM   #15
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday May 16th. (Nothing was announc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
The third possibility - and the most likely one - is that the game, whatever it is, is still in development and is not in a state where it is ready for the average video game consumer to view or play it.

I've actually played in-development alpha builds of Madden NFL games. Those in-dev builds were absolutely not ready for public consumption, and there's a reason EA waits until June and July to start showing off the latest version of the game; it simply is not remotely closed to finished any earlier than that. The in-dev Madden games I played were full of obvious bugs, crashed frequently, had obvious placeholder art, had unfinished UI, and missing functionality.

AAA games being busted junk during the height of their development cycle is not unique to Madden, it is often the case everywhere. AAA video games take a long while to put together - especially to get them to a state where they are something close to playable - and the pieces often don't start locking into place until the final couple months of the development cycle. There are too many people simultaneously putting together too many things, and it takes away to not only make each piece but also to fit them together.

If 2K isn't ready to show their game yet, an average person who isn't intimately familiar with game development isn't going to appreciate anything they would have the ability to show off right now. Whatever they have at this moment today probably crashes frequently or is full of bugs which we would not understand, if it is even recognizable as a video game at all.

Anyone who has been waiting for this game with baited breath needs to take a step back and relax. There's something coming, and when 2K is ready to show it off they will absolutely let us know. In the meantime, let's afford them some patience.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 05-16-2022 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2022, 10:12 PM   #16
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NFL 2K release date info possibly announced Monday May 16th. (Nothing was announc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The third possibility - and the most likely one - is that the game, whatever it is, is still in development and is not in a state where it is ready for the average video game consumer to view or play it.

I've actually played in-development alpha builds of Madden NFL games. Those in-dev builds were absolutely not ready for public consumption, and there's a reason EA waits until June and July to start showing off the latest version of the game; it simply is not remotely closed to finished any earlier than that. The in-dev Madden games I played were full of obvious bugs, crashed frequently, had obvious placeholder art, had unfinished UI, and missing functionality.

AAA games being busted junk during the height of their development cycle is not unique to Madden, it is often the case everywhere. AAA video games take a long while to put together - especially to get them to a state where they are something close to playable - and the pieces often don't start locking into place until the final couple months of the development cycle. There are too many people simultaneously putting together too many things, and it takes away to not only make each piece but also to fit them together.

If 2K isn't ready to show their game yet, an average person who isn't intimately familiar with game development isn't going to appreciate anything they would have the ability to show off right now. Whatever they have at this moment today probably crashes frequently or is full of bugs which we would not understand, if it is even recognizable as a video game at all.

Anyone who has been waiting for this game with baited breath needs to take a step back and relax. There's something coming, and when 2K is ready to show it off they will absolutely let us know. In the meantime, let's afford them some patience.

This was conference call about potential earnings for the company tho. It’s odd that upcoming games involving a partnership with the NFL aren’t mentioned at all. Except that they were excited for the upcoming titles, plural.

They went into detail on what the future of GTA, Red Dead and NBA 2k meant for new income including potential DLC and subscription fees each game still had the potential to earn but when a question was asked about new updates to the NFL game he totally side stepped it. It wasn’t about what kind of playable state the game was in currently.

On a side note, around the 44 minute mark a question was asked about the FIFA license being dropped and his answer was “Well we noticed. We are always looking at opportunities to expand our sports portfolio”. I don’t know, that was an interesting answer imo

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »