Home

This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone!

This is a discussion on This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone! within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2022, 01:40 PM   #49
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

I think the silence is very telling, it’s going to end up being some type of card game or mobile game. Best bet is a “The Park” type online 7 vs 7 ala The Yard.
Old 04-28-2022, 02:06 PM   #50
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I think the silence is very telling, it’s going to end up being some type of card game or mobile game. Best bet is a “The Park” type online 7 vs 7 ala The Yard.
Who knows? Those type of games wouldn't need this level of "silence" or a delay by one year.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 04-28-2022, 02:57 PM   #51
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

One things for sure
NCAA Football is coming out next year hopefully (Crosses fingers)
It would be a very very bad marketing decision to delay it again until next summer being in the middle of the pac
Madden & College
People that hate EA gonna be all over College football
Because of all those years waiting for NCAA to come back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2022, 03:59 PM   #52
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

2k announced a rocket league type game yesterday.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/2k-r...090920315.html

So since they announced the partnership with the NFL we’ve gotten news of 3 Lego titles and now Gravity Goal being developed but no news on what their football titles even are about other than they are non-sim. Not sure what to make of it really.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-28-2022, 09:39 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
How are you quantifying this? Serious question since you seem pretty confident.
Definitely not serious.

Definitely not something I would be proud to tell people in public either. lol.

I’ll say this. If someone wants to run a game on Xbox live, I can right now.
Old 04-29-2022, 07:27 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
The gaming industry doesn't work like this. They don't just "throw fans a bone." Everything is strategic and they market a game when they feel it's time to start marketing it. These are billion dollar companies.

I don't understand why people don't get this.
Did the post create a perception of entitlement within this context? I'm certainly not a "writer", so I'll concede my command of the language may not be elegant enough to differentiate between an opinion on marketing strategy vs. an expectation or demand from a specific party.

I do think this is an exceptional circumstance. They haven't been able to participate in this specific niche market with any degree of confidence for more than 10 years which is very different from some of their other products. I don't think it's unreasonable for an interested party within this context to pine for a little more information like it would be for a COD or Madden fan to be whining when they have information released in a relatively consistent way, annually.

Ultimately this isn't an unbelievable perspective, at least imo; It's one *******'s opinion on a marketing strategy.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:25 PM   #55
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
Did the post create a perception of entitlement within this context? I'm certainly not a "writer", so I'll concede my command of the language may not be elegant enough to differentiate between an opinion on marketing strategy vs. an expectation or demand from a specific party.

I do think this is an exceptional circumstance. They haven't been able to participate in this specific niche market with any degree of confidence for more than 10 years which is very different from some of their other products. I don't think it's unreasonable for an interested party within this context to pine for a little more information like it would be for a COD or Madden fan to be whining when they have information released in a relatively consistent way, annually.

Ultimately this isn't an unbelievable perspective, at least imo; It's one *******'s opinion on a marketing strategy.

This is an exceptional circumstance in multiple ways. 2k has restrictions on what NFL game they can make. EA has no such restrictions. If 2ks idea is easy to design there’s nothing stopping EA from simply adding an identical mode into madden and telling customers that Madden let’s you do exactly what 2ks game does AND simulate the NFL season.

With an 18 year gap since 2k5 if 2k delivers a good game it’ll sell like hotcakes even if they wait until the week before release to say anything

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2022, 03:07 PM   #56
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse

I'm really not trying to be a jerk here with that post. I wish we knew something as well. The fact is, 2K has never really been known for their great marketing. Well WWE 2K kinda looked like it was gonna change that.

But what I'm trying to say is more a general perspective of how marketing works in the gaming industry. And you are right when you say this is a unique case since there is no previous game to go off of to tell us when the marketing should start.

It doesn't look like we are getting anything to coincide with the draft. So if we are getting anything this fall, I would say the marketing would start mid to late summer.

They also probably have the NFL to deal with when it comes to marketing. So it may be a double edge sword with them being ready to market it and the NFL also having a say in the marketing.

I get it's been forever since 2K5, but they don't care about that. They have a set marketing strategy with set dates and that's just how it works for anything in the entertainment industry. Companies don't take into account what people on a forum want. Not trying to be a jerk, but it is what it is. Games don't get announced until the company making them decides on that specific date. So the fact we all want info now doesn't matter. It's not on demand whether we like it or not.

Back in the day it might have been different. Developers were more in contact with people like us. But those days are pretty much gone. It's all corporate now, and all about the money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »