Home

This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone!

This is a discussion on This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone! within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-26-2022, 11:07 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

Yep. EA is paying a HUGE premium for whatever their exclusivity includes. 2K cannot give that away without compensating EA in order to get them to sign off.

EA cannot make a Lego game, and once that got revealed, everything made more sense. The NFL uses their games to market the NFL, and Lego is perfect. Despite being a toy, Lego appeals to a wide age range, and will attract more female fans.

My wife is a huge Lego fan, as she is damn near done with the latest Star Wars game. She doesn’t play any racing games, not even Mario Kart. But she played Lego is FH4 for hours and hours.

And if 2K was able to leverage that into a second game that will drive massive microtransactions, they would jump at it.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:23 AM   #34
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Yep. EA is paying a HUGE premium for whatever their exclusivity includes. 2K cannot give that away without compensating EA in order to get them to sign off.

EA cannot make a Lego game, and once that got revealed, everything made more sense. The NFL uses their games to market the NFL, and Lego is perfect. Despite being a toy, Lego appeals to a wide age range, and will attract more female fans.

My wife is a huge Lego fan, as she is damn near done with the latest Star Wars game. She doesn’t play any racing games, not even Mario Kart. But she played Lego is FH4 for hours and hours.

And if 2K was able to leverage that into a second game that will drive massive microtransactions, they would jump at it.

There is zero chance that 2ks first game is going to be Lego either. That’s wishful thinking by Madden fans that just want to dump on anything 2k. 2ks first Lego game is soccer and will release in November. Then racing, then MAYBE NFL in 2023 but that third title is unannounced. 2ks first game will release before the 2022 season because that’s what the NFL wants

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-26-2022, 12:07 PM   #35
Banned

I really don’t give two ****s when it is coming out. I said there is a chance 2K leveraged the Lego license for NFL into card game where they can sell virtual packs. So yeah, that sure as heck might come out first.

And seriously? Madden fans? Dude, you you are the one fanboying it up here, as though EA is evil and 2K is your knight in shiny armor.

The only reason I got into console football games was NFL 2K on the Dreamcast. I boycotted EA after 2K lost the license.

Eventually, by Madden 15 or so, it was clearly a better game than 2K had ever been. I’ve been enjoying it ever since.

But I really would love a new 2K game. But I worry more about games that actually exist than ideas of games that might exist in the future.

So?

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 04-26-2022 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2022, 02:48 PM   #36
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Some people here have this idea that they can make the NFL arcade game, but also give the middle finger to EA and the NFL by making a customizable simulation game with a deep franchise mode with the players from the NFLPA license as well. Lawyers would eat well off a a move like that.
Honestly, we don't know what simulation means in the context of these games and we haven't know for the past 2 years.

It could mean non-simulation (arcade, 7 on 7 etc.) gameplay with the ability to play a typical 17 game NFL season. Or it could mean hyperrealistic gameplay in a strictly "MyTeam" format. Fact of the matter is that we don't know and are all making educated guesses with some wishful/realistic thinking.

I personally think it's going to be some souped up version of Playgrounds/Battlegrounds with both a standard Season mode and a MyTeam/MyPark mode. Every little (and I mean very little) indication has pointed that direction.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 04-26-2022, 06:36 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It is true that we have no idea as to what simulation means. We've been over that 100 times already.

I've assumed that the game is going to be some card collecting game. Best case scenario is it is a standalone game structured like MyTeam. Worst case scenario is it's a Playgrounds type game.

I could be completely wrong, but that's simply what I expect.

I'd love to be surprised and see that the simulation limits were not as restrictive as we thought and we get a game that's as authentic on the field as 2k8 with NFL teams and players, but I just don't expect that at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-26-2022, 08:12 PM   #38
Rookie

They’re weak AF for not even throwing a bone. Absolutely nothing.

I think there’s potential to make a fun game. I think people have money to spend but there needs to be a different or alternate experience.

I loved All Pro more than all of you, It’s irrelevant though because it is what it is. I don’t think it really matters and I don’t think 2K cares either.

Would love to see something before my kids get busier and I have less time…
Old 04-26-2022, 08:15 PM   #39

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

How are you quantifying this? Serious question since you seem pretty confident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
I loved All Pro more than all of you
Old 04-26-2022, 08:40 PM   #40
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
They’re weak AF for not even throwing a bone. Absolutely nothing.

I think there’s potential to make a fun game. I think people have money to spend but there needs to be a different or alternate experience.

I loved All Pro more than all of you, It’s irrelevant though because it is what it is. I don’t think it really matters and I don’t think 2K cares either.

Would love to see something before my kids get busier and I have less time…
The gaming industry doesn't work like this. They don't just "throw fans a bone." Everything is strategic and they market a game when they feel it's time to start marketing it. These are billion dollar companies.

I don't understand why people don't get this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »