Home

When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

This is a discussion on When Will The Official Reveal Happen? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-10-2022, 01:16 PM   #9
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I can see it from both sides. I understand why NFL would want to use both Madden and 2k to bring added hype to the upcoming season. But also understand why 2k might have wanted to wait until they were comfortable with the game being ready and having their own window far from Madden.

I don't like the idea of a holiday release for a NFL game just because the casual fan is only playing it in season, so there's just a 2 month window. But also don't like how early they release NBA 2k. NBA2K releases 5-6 weeks before the season. I rather see it release early October instead. I do see 2k releasing before NFL season as NFL desires

I think the draft would be the best time to reveal it. Madden has the popularity where it doesn't need to(besides Madden 20). It would be best to pair the reveal with a NFL offseason milestone

I don’t disagree with anything you said but just looking at last year, they weren’t putting out info around the draft. Maybe they knew at the draft the game was in doubt to be released last year I suppose.

The release window could be before maddens but that might be too soon for the NFL. Alongside Madden isn’t good just because being football makes it competition no matter what they say and later on it’ll be when they want to push NBA2k more. Honestly it feels like pick your poison in some ways. That said, the draft did come and go last year without so much as a hint of what this game even is.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-10-2022, 05:13 PM   #10
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Let's not forget WWE is launching In March so they might give that game room to breath few months after

My prediction is a may/June e3 reveal and July launch

And the holidays is not far fetch because the new college football supposed to launch next year and we all know college usually releases in July and Madden in August

That's probably why 2k wants the to take the wwe old slot launch but who knows hopefully soon we will find out
I'm getting tired of it actually and learned to temper my expectations unlike last year lol

Last edited by simbayless; 01-10-2022 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:07 AM   #11
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Let's not forget WWE is launching In March so they might give that game room to breath few months after

My prediction is a may/June e3 reveal and July launch

And the holidays is not far fetch because the new college football supposed to launch next year and we all know college usually releases in July and Madden in August

That's probably why 2k wants the to take the wwe old slot launch but who knows hopefully soon we will find out
I'm getting tired of it actually and learned to temper my expectations unlike last year lol
NCAA launches in 2023.

You guys are letting this hype get out of control. The contract is for non-simulation games. You all expecting some huge AAA title that rivals Madden are going to be very, very disappointed.

Last edited by Vazione; 01-15-2022 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2022, 03:19 PM   #12
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

I said next year college football sir
Old 01-16-2022, 11:47 AM   #13
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vazione
NCAA launches in 2023.

You guys are letting this hype get out of control. The contract is for non-simulation games. You all expecting some huge AAA title that rivals Madden are going to be very, very disappointed.

A game to rival Madden is a matter of taste. Sure it can’t be a simulation football but that doesn’t mean it can’t be good. When you don’t want play madden because it’s terrible then any game you do enjoy not only rivals madden but surpasses it.

The game is being made by a AAA game company, like it or not it’ll probably include micro transactions that will make any NFL game a profitable endeavor so it should have a decent budget and at the announcement 2k said

“The goal is "always authenticity, depth, fun, and as it relates to these titles — approachable and social football experiences." The company also said it believes this game is "a good opportunity to service a more casual market, and our research shows there's an appetite for that."

My hype is completely in check but a fun, casual, deep, authentic football game is something I’ll keep an eye on

Old 01-16-2022, 04:58 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vazione
NCAA launches in 2023.

I think we're letting the "non-simulation" / "arcade" tags throw us off. We're leaning too far into absolutes with those tags. I personally think the game will still be the 11 on 11 football we're looking for, with Take 2 manipulating some slight NFL rule that will allow them to say its not a "simulation" game.

Example, they remove roughing the passer and facemask penalties, then say oh no, this isn't a full simulation of the game, it doesn't have this that and the other (something minor that we wouldn't miss anyway). All the while its still the NFL2k overall that we know and are waiting for.

Hell, I play Madden daily without penalties because they barely work lol. No skin off of my back. I can totally play a 2k brand of football with minor things officially removed so it can be marketed as arcade. Maybe the field goals are worth 2 points instead of 3 (not sure if these are good examples, but I'm sure you guys see where I'm going with this).

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 01-16-2022 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:12 PM   #15
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I think we're letting the "non-simulation" / "arcade" tags throw us off. We're leaning too far into absolutes with those tags. I personally think the game will still be the 11 on 11 football we're looking for, with Take 2 manipulating some slight NFL rule that will allow them to say its not a "simulation" game.

Example, they remove roughing the passer and facemask penalties, then say oh no, this isn't a full simulation of the game, it doesn't have this that and the other (something minor that we wouldn't miss anyway). All the while its still the NFL2k overall that we know and are waiting for.

Hell, I play Madden daily without penalties because they barely work lol. No skin off of my back. I can totally play a 2k brand of football with minor things officially removed so it can be marketed as arcade. Maybe the field goals are worth 2 points instead of 3 (not sure if these are good examples, but I'm sure you guys see where I'm going with this).

I’m thinking the opposite. My guess is 7v 7 or 5v5 like the yard in madden. Then lots of mini games that focus on positions like the madden mini camp drills from the ps2 days.

I think it’ll be done with as realistic as possible physics and player models. The NFL frown on a game with over the top violence or injuries or a lot of things they would want to add in a all out arcade game.

Originally I thought they were working on multiple games which could’ve meant the second game was an All Pro Football style with the players license and no NFL but there’s no reason that game would’ve been delayed with the NFL title so I think it’s just one game we are getting now.

Just a total guess on my part

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2022, 10:30 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I’m thinking the opposite. My guess is 7v 7 or 5v5 like the yard in madden. Then lots of mini games that focus on positions like the madden mini camp drills from the ps2 days.

I think it’ll be done with as realistic as possible physics and player models. The NFL frown on a game with over the top violence or injuries or a lot of things they would want to add in a all out arcade game.

Originally I thought they were working on multiple games which could’ve meant the second game was an All Pro Football style with the players license and no NFL but there’s no reason that game would’ve been delayed with the NFL title so I think it’s just one game we are getting now.

Just a total guess on my part

Absolutely, thats all we can do at the moment! However, take this into consideration if you will. Madden has three or four different settings (if I'm not mistaken), competitive, simulation, ARCADE, and I think there's one more.

I've never played Madden under the arcade setting so I'm not familiar with what goes on during gameplay, but I'm sure its still your normal 11 on 11 smash mouth football (maybe it plays faster? Its definitely NOT the exaggerated examples I just mentioned above). I can start a franchise in Madden with the setting as ARCADE. I'm under the impression that whatever that setting is, is what 2ks title will be.

I think they're DEFINITELY about to come in and compete on the standard football (what we've all been waiting for) level, and toute the "arcade" title because of some minor thing thats not even going to make much difference.

Can anyone confirm what Maddens arcade setting is? No penalties or something I'm figuring?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »