Home

This video proves the NFL Licenses exclusive never ending with EA!!!

This is a discussion on This video proves the NFL Licenses exclusive never ending with EA!!! within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-26-2021, 05:24 PM   #9
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This video proves the NFL Licenses exclusive never ending with EA!!!

His answer reminded me of robot Roger Goodell from South Park. Yeah we're screwed as long as it continues to make money for both EA and the NFL that deal is not going to end.

Goodell doesn't care about games. He don't play them he just sees them as an additional source of revenue for the NFL. When they told him it got a 6 he looked like he had no idea what that meant and brought up how much it sells instead.

Last edited by zello144; 08-26-2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:37 PM   #10
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

If we know EA License is forever locked than imagine 2k knowing that for sure
So after all these years why did 2k suddenly woke up and was like I'm going for the Arcade License?

Imo I really think this arcade License is deeper than we think
Old 08-26-2021, 07:41 PM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
If we know EA License is forever locked than imagine 2k knowing that for sure
So after all these years why did 2k suddenly woke up and was like I'm going for the Arcade License?

Imo I really think this arcade License is deeper than we think
I don't think any license, even EA, is forever locked.

THe NFL has had an exclusive package with Direct TV for as long as I can remember but that sounds like it may be coming to an end in the coming years.

I think 2K getting back in the game in any capacity is a huge first step. I stop short of expecting a true game of football in any capacity that most of us want but getting their foot in the door can always be a precursor for more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 09:56 PM   #12
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm just hoping for simulation football from 2K someday. I'll gladly take them doing an XFL game if that league ended up thriving enough (obviously they would help each other out in that instance).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-28-2021, 04:09 PM   #13
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
EA is paying attention though. They have to.
For the first time in a long time, maybe ever, Madden football prior to its release date appears to be more negative than positive.

The negative noise is breaking through. more folks are voicing their negative comments and it isnt falling on deaf ears.

Madden's gimmick marketing and rebranding old features is catching up to them. Legacy issues etc are being pointed out, and the impact of social media will eventually make a dent.

Also, I dont think EA took into account that gamers would be gaming far into adulthood. with this philosophy, a company could rebrand old features etc, and get away with it.

Next year I wouldn't be surprised if the MAdden team shortens the trial time or push up the trial period a few days before release to stop the bleeding, or cancel the trial period altogether.
Kind of like when a high-budget movie, gets no reviews or early showings because the movie isn't any good.

thats my take.
As long as they are the only officially licensed NFL game, they'll be okay. As long as they are the only legitimate football game, they'll be okay. The same people ripping on EA and giving it bad reviews are the same ones buying it every year day 1.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:19 PM   #14
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Owners like Mike Brown, the Fords, and Woody Johnson couldn't care less about their product on the field... you expect them to complain about somebody elses product?

Dean Spanos and Mark Davis are broke... they probably fell all over themselves to cash their ~$400mil check.

Maybe if there were more owners like Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft who were actually interested in using a game to help grow their brand.
Old 08-29-2021, 11:43 PM   #15
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

The NFL don't care about their brand like they say they do

https://youtu.be/2VEAA-D9vzY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2021, 10:21 PM   #16
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

It took me a long time to accept the fact that EA will always have an exclusive simulation license. Just hoping 2k makes a game that’s fun now. The fact they wouldn’t release half baked this year like the NFL wanted gives me hope they are building something good.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »