Home

Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports, Joining Ex-NBA 2K Senior Producer Rob Jones

This is a discussion on Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports, Joining Ex-NBA 2K Senior Producer Rob Jones within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-03-2020, 01:24 AM   #41
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports,

I wish Scott for the best and thankful for the work he puts in on the defensive concepts and terminology which I'll never get to know if not playing 2K. I already knew weak side/strong side. Then what the heck was ICE and No Hedge? Lol. I only hope 2K can implement the defensive concepts better before product launch. I still remember the days where we saw double team logic messed up ie Cpu DT everytime Lebron crossed halfcourt and workaround was for offline players switch to the cpu team and de-activate the DT on auto or smtg, and then switched back. He also introduced "leave Otto Porter" concept to help in defense and users had no control to stop that, initially. Then we had "Leave Him" defensive settings in the following year.

Looking forward to learn more from people like Scott and Czar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 01:25 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I don't know what he did but I am going to miss Rob. I remember seeing him doing press/interviews for older 2k titles and I always liked him.
https://solecollector.com/news/2014/...-it-into-nba2k

All the evolution this feature went through over the last 15 years came from Rob.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 09-03-2020, 01:30 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
I wish Scott for the best and thankful for the work he puts in on the defensive concepts and terminology which I'll never get to know if not playing 2K. I already knew weak side/strong side. Then what the heck was ICE and No Hedge? Lol. I only hope 2K can implement the defensive concepts better before product launch. I still remember the days where we saw double team logic messed up ie Cpu DT everytime Lebron crossed halfcourt and workaround was for offline players switch to the cpu team and de-activate the DT on auto or smtg, and then switched back. He also introduced "leave Otto Porter" concept to help in defense and users had no control to stop that, initially. Then we had "Leave Him" defensive settings in the following year.
Did the Defensive AI even have "concepts" prior to Scott taking over?

10 years ago the only thing you could change in Defensive Settings was Loose/Tight pressure on shooters.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 09-03-2020, 04:34 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Again what are you on about? Either you're quoting the wrong person or YOU need to reread what I wrote. Since I didn't imply anything about EA "stealing" 2k devs to be the better game. What I am implying is that history might repeat itself.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Yea I just randomly choose who to quote. I pick people who I like, u madman. I read your post and decided that was what I'd make my post after.

Fight me!!!

-Smak
Old 09-04-2020, 05:53 AM   #45
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

I remember back in the College Hoops days, Rob Jones would personally contact OS members on I think it was AIM back then.

I used to have conversations with him over AIM and he would ask me what I liked, didn't like and how he could improve the game. He's passionate about his work. This is a good sign for EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2020, 06:40 AM   #46
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Re: Scott OG headed back to EA Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
With clown comments like these, do people actually wonder why devs stopped posting here?

2K has the best defensive AI that has ever existed in a basketball game.

Nino and Scott both played basketball at a higher level than you (and everyone else here) so I would LOVE to hear you elaborate and embarrass yourself talking about other people's intellect, basketball or otherwise.

I disagree, it's quite easy to beat the CPU in 2k20. I don't know if the offense have become too advanced and the defense hasn't caught up but I can run around CPU 1v1, run pick and roll and I won't really have problems scoring the ball. I recently tried 2k16 and 2k11 and it was noticebly harder to score in these games.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:36 AM   #47
Rookie

I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE LIVE SERIES RETURN!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-12-2020, 01:16 PM   #48
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
This is good news and bad news. OK maybe not bad news more like hmmmm news. On one hand I'm thrilled to see anything about Live and I'm also glad that good experienced guys are on the team. On the other hand it makes me super nervous that Live becomes a 2K knockoff.*
I've made no secret around here that I'm a huge Live fan(I also love 2k. Yes loving both is possible lol)and what I like about Live is just how much different it is then 2k. Some people fault Live for it but I really appreciate how Live just seems to take itself way less serious.
"Way less serious" is EA approach to its whole sports/racing lineup, which personally I don't mind at all. It's a nice change of pace when you have a different kind of experience available in the market. Sometimes after grinding in Grand Turismo Sport it's just plain silly fun to race around in Need for Speed Heat. A good change of pace. I look forward to Live returning, as long as it is quality tested before hitting the shelves.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »