Home

Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports, Joining Ex-NBA 2K Senior Producer Rob Jones

This is a discussion on Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports, Joining Ex-NBA 2K Senior Producer Rob Jones within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-02-2020, 03:46 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Scott OG headed back to EA Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
the ai been a mess defensively for a while. czar is just better at his job(smarter too) and you could see it in the product
With clown comments like these, do people actually wonder why devs stopped posting here?

2K has the best defensive AI that has ever existed in a basketball game.

Nino and Scott both played basketball at a higher level than you (and everyone else here) so I would LOVE to hear you elaborate and embarrass yourself talking about other people's intellect, basketball or otherwise.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 09-02-2020 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:04 PM   #34
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
With clown comments like these, do people actually wonder why devs stopped posting here?

2K has the best defensive AI that has ever existed in a basketball game.

Nino and Scott both played basketball at a higher level than you (and everyone else here) so I would LOVE to hear you elaborate and embarrass yourself talking about other people's intellect, basketball or otherwise.
I don't fully agree with his sentiment, but the series still has a long way to go to replicate real help defense principles.

I don't doubt that Czar & Scott OG are extremely knowledgeable & passionate about making the game(s) (from an AI stand point) as realistic as possible, but limitations & shortcomings exist & those aren't fully their fault.

I'm hopeful that 2K can find adequate replacements for Scott & Rob, while they can go on to make the Live series competitive again.

Also, whether it has effected engagement or not, people should be allowed to give their opinions. I don't agree with questioning or attacking someone's aptitude or knowledge, though.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 09-02-2020, 05:10 PM   #35
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
the ai been a mess defensively for a while. czar is just better at his job(smarter too) and you could see it in the product
No offense to O’Gallagher, but I agree with you. Czar is the best of the best when it comes to his job. It may be that the defensive AI job is a tougher job then the offensive AI job. Either way, you can’t get better then Czar.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2020, 05:51 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
What are you on about?

Haha check it.

Dudes saying live stealing 2k devs is the only way they can be good, the implication is that 2k has devs not devs developed 2k. Nobody owns these people or made them and I doubt ea strat is to take 2ks devs. Prol to get good people.

Reread the threads about it.

-Smak
Old 09-02-2020, 06:05 PM   #37
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Haha check it.

Dudes saying live stealing 2k devs is the only way they can be good, the implication is that 2k has devs not devs developed 2k. Nobody owns these people or made them and I doubt ea strat is to take 2ks devs. Prol to get good people.

Reread the threads about it.

-Smak
Again what are you on about? Either you're quoting the wrong person or YOU need to reread what I wrote. Since I didn't imply anything about EA "stealing" 2k devs to be the better game. What I am implying is that history might repeat itself.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2020, 08:24 PM   #38
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Guess I'll be checking out live soon then. Last Live was when Wang made a little stop
Old 09-02-2020, 11:12 PM   #39
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know what he did but I am going to miss Rob. I remember seeing him doing press/interviews for older 2k titles and I always liked him.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:12 PM   #40
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
This is good news and bad news. OK maybe not bad news more like hmmmm news. On one hand I'm thrilled to see anything about Live and I'm also glad that good experienced guys are on the team. On the other hand it makes me super nervous that Live becomes a 2K knockoff.*
I've made no secret around here that I'm a huge Live fan(I also love 2k. Yes loving both is possible lol)and what I like about Live is just how much different it is then 2k. Some people fault Live for it but I really appreciate how Live just seems to take itself way less serious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »