Home

Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports, Joining Ex-NBA 2K Senior Producer Rob Jones

This is a discussion on Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports, Joining Ex-NBA 2K Senior Producer Rob Jones within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-02-2020, 09:12 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Pretty much this. I predict Rob and OG will produce a great game. Then management will step in because the numbers they were expecting didn't happen. From there they will leave and come back to 2k. EA will destroy what those two created and we will get NBA Elite 24 lol

I have no faith in EA. They wasted talent for years now and they haven't changed a bit. Whoever is running the sports division needs to be replaced with someone more hands off and let these guys do their thing.
I agree. Thats when people say they want NCAA Football back, I'm iffy on that because of direction EA is headed towards. The main problem EA seems to have is that they don't let their Devs and Producers have the creative freedom. Whose to say a New NCAA game doesn't focus on adding College Legends to Ultimate Team and focus on a cringey single player story like Face of the Franchise while Dynasty stays stagnant.

I'll be happy with a competitve Live game. But EA has to let their talent have the creative freedom and resources to get there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2020, 09:36 AM   #26
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Scott O'Gallagher Leaving NBA 2K Series For Creative Director Role at EA Sports,

Always down to have competition on the market.

Someone high up @ EA is a real bball head. This franchise has gotten a TON of lifelines.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:07 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Pretty much this. I predict Rob and OG will produce a great game. Then management will step in because the numbers they were expecting didn't happen. From there they will leave and come back to 2k. EA will destroy what those two created and we will get NBA Elite 24 lol

I have no faith in EA. They wasted talent for years now and they haven't changed a bit. Whoever is running the sports division needs to be replaced with someone more hands off and let these guys do their thing.

I have faith in EA games, when they actually come out. They tend to be usually pretty good... at least 50% of the time they are good haha. Maybe.

It's funny, people acting like 2k made these guys and they didn't make 2k.

EA has done itself a huge disservice by not being transparent. That's something I won't forgive them for. I'll still buy their game if it comes out and looks good, but I'm def not worried about what they're doing. There are some games I wanna play that are like TBA 2022... that's what I look at "Live" as, if that's what the title ends up being.

They needed to write a better announcement. You can project strength while saying you messed up or aren't able to make the cut, or are switching directions. They said the truth, but it wasn't potent enough, and they said they would continue to update, and haven't.I'm sure they want to have good news before they say anything, but still. Then say "We'll let you know as soon as we have news worth sharing."

But yes, the truth is "Making a good game" should be first priority. Then you try to sell it. But companies with AAA successful games act like they can't deal with the process. It's kind of an ego thing, if you really think about it, imo.

I really think EA would be better off if they hadn't cancelled any game, including elite, and just let things evolve naturally. We shall see tho...

-Smak
Old 09-02-2020, 10:11 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Always down to have competition on the market.

Someone high up @ EA is a real bball head. This franchise has gotten a TON of lifelines.
I fully agree..

NBA Live has gotten so many chances from EA lol. They really want Live to succuessful. Any other publisher would have gave up on the series especially after only releasing what 5 games from '10-19. EA gave up on other series that sold worse.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #29
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope this is good and pushes basketball games forward.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #30
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
It's funny, people acting like 2k made these guys and they didn't make 2k.

What are you on about?
Old 09-02-2020, 02:06 PM   #31
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

That Rob Jones guy is the bigger news to me he preach
real simulation like a badge of honor. Rex talk about simulation but Rob talked and showed us simulation.EA got a big steal like a theive in the night

Last edited by simbayless; 09-02-2020 at 02:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2020, 02:28 PM   #32
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Rob and Scott have always been super great to me anytime I've interacted with them in person, so all the best to them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »