Home

NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #417
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
I turn all that meter stuff off. Just a clean screen like a broadcast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
I turn off the shot meter because it’s just not necessary.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:02 PM   #418
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Quick and newb question: does the One mode require you to play online? I play on PS4 but I don’t have PSplus
Old 08-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #419
NBA Live Gameplay Designer

Schwall's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
If I get too good at the shot meter, I will explore this option. It sounds like it would be fun.

Probably a dumb question but with limited gaming time I mostly go straight to Play Now and play. Is there anywhere in the demo that explains the icons and meter below players? Or a blog I missed?
The icon represents your play style. The grey meter is your stamina and depletes over time (short and long term). The one that starts to turn green or red is your mentality meter. If you are all the way red or green, you'll have different boosts/penalties based on your playstyle (shooters shoot, rim protectors block and rebound, etc.).
Old 08-28-2018, 03:05 PM   #420
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Is there a trick to passing it in to the post from the wing? The circle will be on the guy in the post but if I hit triangle to lob it in he always launches it across the court to the other wing and it results in a turnover 9 out of 10 times.

I've been left with no choice but to use the pass icons when passing into the post, especially depending on where I'm standing on the court.

If I don't use the pass icon, my pass sails over to the other side of the court and gets picked off.

So I write this to say that I don't know what it is but there's some disconnect with the analog stick and pass direction. There are countless times I'm attempting to pass the ball to a guy standing right next to me and instead the pass goes cross court killing an offensive opportunity with a turnover.

I also play on broadcast so it's possible that has something to do with it?

I hope this can be looked at a bit more.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 08-28-2018, 03:44 PM   #421
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Unlocked the WNBA and NBA game of the day and after a few games I have to admit this is a very fun basketball game to play! Game looks really nice too. Commentary is not the greatest and hopefully something EA can improve on for NBA 20. Love the mix of offense and defensive plays. Saw a play with Green of the Warriors running down the court and making a Two-Handed Block. Looked pretty sweet!

I like how players interact with the environment after a play (running into a cameraman and during a celebration.)

It feels just about right. I'm sure there will be some tweaking of the sliders and patches added after the game is released. Glad I pre-ordered the game. My initial impressions weren't the greatest but after unlocking the other gameplay modes i'm pretty impressed! For those still on the fence, give the demo a try and unlock the other gameplay modes.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 08-28-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 03:49 PM   #422
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwall
The icon represents your play style. The grey meter is your stamina and depletes over time (short and long term). The one that starts to turn green or red is your mentality meter. If you are all the way red or green, you'll have different boosts/penalties based on your playstyle (shooters shoot, rim protectors block and rebound, etc.).
I always turn that stuff off but I think I’m going to play some games with it on and check it out. The mentality meter has me intrigued. What kind of things effect this? Are you saying if a guy is a shot blocker and he blocks a shot it goes up?
Old 08-28-2018, 05:38 PM   #423
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Definitely need to take a second look at transition defense.

Look at KD on the left side here.

https://streamable.com/okrmx

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #424
Rookie

Marc_Rez's Arena

OVR: 6

I've never like playing with meters and icons on I like my game to look as real as possible visually. But I find myself using the shot meter a lot in Live so maybe I'll try it and see how it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »