Home

NBA 2k16 Glitches/Bugs Thread (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 Glitches/Bugs Thread (PS3/360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #89
Rookie

FOXHOUNDxBigBoss's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k16 Glitches/Bugs Thread (PS3/360)

Something interesting I noticed...on the 2K Battle mode Lamar Patterson has a photo and is someone you can select but he's not on the actual roster update...weird. Hopefully this will mean he might have the photo and a cyberface when they do finally add him. Kinda hoping him Hilliard and Mickey were scanned and will have a cyberface.

Hoping they can add photos for all the rookies; seems weird seeing all these photos and then suddenly the next guy is the cyberface image; and then of course there's still a few create-a-players too.

Last edited by FOXHOUNDxBigBoss; 10-27-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:29 PM   #90
Rookie

Icon3 Re: NBA 2k16 Glitches/Bugs Thread (PS3/360)

@VladZolaJr Will the dominate dunk hand be fixed? Players dunk with the opposite selected hand. If your dominate dunk hand is right, players dunk with their left hand and vise versa. Another issue that I've noticed is that users are not able to edit a player's sock length, also home and away colored socks are not like in previous games. Home colored socks have always been white while away color socks have always been black. Teams before 1995 should not have/wear black socks as this was not a trend in the NBA until after 1995. I feel a player's sock length and color play a important role with classic teams because otherwise it takes away from the nostalgia of playing with classic teams and players. I'm a long time L.A. Lakers fan and it just feels funny to play with Micheal Cooper without his signature long socks (his socks are low cut black socks) or to play with Kareem Abdul- Jabbar with low cut black socks. I've noticed that Converse and Li-Nings are missing from 2k Shoes as well. Ignoring consumers along with not addressing any of these issues that have properly existed in previous 2k games (all of them really) makes this version incomplete. I will like to also thank you @VladZolaJr for your replies and also for resolving a lot of request made by consumers. However, I feel that all of the request that were resloved/fixed should have been included in the game originally as well as my own.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #91
Banned

^^ I have read, that the sock colorways have been fixed (not sure), for next gen. I believe the sock length issue etc., is still an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 10:05 PM   #92
Rookie

Good. Hope that last gen will get a fix soon. 2K Battle is not working and NBA Today is not active on PS3. Still featuring games from last night 10/27/15.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #93
Rookie

FOXHOUNDxBigBoss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY2146
Good. Hope that last gen will get a fix soon. 2K Battle is not working and NBA Today is not active on PS3. Still featuring games from last night 10/27/15.
I noticed this as well; and it was mentioned by another player on 2K Forums.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #94
Rookie

2K has provide us with a new update. While some things may be good this game is incomplete and I anticipate it remaining incomplete. 2K has addressed the dominate dunk hand issue by changing each and every player dominate dunk hand to either. Just more two hand dunks. This is NOT a fix! I will come out better doing what I set to do originally which is manually change true dominate right hand dunkers settings to left hand dunks and vise versa. This will make right hand dunkers dunk with their right hand. (set dominate hand to left & vise versa for lefties) The sock issue HAS NOT been resolved. At least one cyber face has reverted back to a CAP. (Metta World Peace) Converse and Li-Nings have NOT been added to 2k Shoes! The only reason I feel cheated and disappointed at the moment is because I remember NBA2K Sports used to be a VERY DETAILED ORIENTED COMPANY. They used to provided us with cyber players and their equipment, shoes, socks, headbands and whatever that made them look & feel real... just as real as their real life counterparts. I remember when if NBA2K didn't have a players cyber face that player WOULD NOT be in the game until they had a proper face. I remember when NBA2k would create classic teams and players that provided users with nostalgia with accurate socks and shoes, dunks and moves! That's when 2K had standards and expectations that they wanted to meet and exceed ...NOW it seems they rush to meet deadlines and sell consumers incomplete products. Expectations are no longer completely met or regularly exceeded. We have a increasing number of "should be in the game, but not in the game" LICENSED PLAYER models, no cyber faces just CAPs. Inaccurate player model equipment and gear. (socks and shoes) No more nostalgia when playing with classic teams. Small things being left out doesn't seem important but for some it's really why we love 2K Sports! Paying attention to the smallest details is why we stop playing NBA Live in the Early 2000's (I go back to 2k8) If we wanted inaccurate player models and inaccurate animations we would have spent our money$ on NBA Live 16. Don't get me wrong NBA2K 16 is still an amazing game that we appreciate playing but we can't help but notice that you haven't continued to provide consumers with the amount of detailed that you have in the past. Many companies follow this trend. In the beginning, before companies really start to take off and make insane amounts of money$, they provide consumers with an amazing amount of detail and customer satisfaction. They do what ever it takes to make a good product so that they make money$. Once they have our money after years of buying their product they become very rich & for the rest of their lives, they start doing whatever it takes to SAVE as much money as they can while continuing to provide consumers with a product that we EXPECT to be the same as it was from the beginning. Nope. This is a NEW BEGINNING, the beginning of the end of how NBA2k used to handle their business.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:12 PM   #95
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY2146
2K has provide us with a new update. While some things may be good this game is incomplete and I anticipate it remaining incomplete. 2K has addressed the dominate dunk hand issue by changing each and every player dominate dunk hand to either. Just more two hand dunks. This is NOT a fix! I will come out better doing what I set to do originally which is manually change true dominate right hand dunkers settings to left hand dunks and vise versa. This will make right hand dunkers dunk with their right hand. (set dominate hand to left & vise versa for lefties) The sock issue HAS NOT been resolved. At least one cyber face has reverted back to a CAP. (Metta World Peace) Converse and Li-Nings have NOT been added to 2k Shoes! The only reason I feel cheated and disappointed at the moment is because I remember NBA2K Sports used to be a VERY DETAILED ORIENTED COMPANY. They used to provided us with cyber players and their equipment, shoes, socks, headbands and whatever that made them look & feel real... just as real as their real life counterparts. I remember when if NBA2K didn't have a players cyber face that player WOULD NOT be in the game until they had a proper face. I remember when NBA2k would create classic teams and players that provided users with nostalgia with accurate socks and shoes, dunks and moves! That's when 2K had standards and expectations that they wanted to meet and exceed ...NOW it seems they rush to meet deadlines and sell consumers incomplete products. Expectations are no longer completely met or regularly exceeded. We have a increasing number of "should be in the game, but not in the game" LICENSED PLAYER models, no cyber faces just CAPs. Inaccurate player model equipment and gear. (socks and shoes) No more nostalgia when playing with classic teams. Small things being left out doesn't seem important but for some it's really why we love 2K Sports! Paying attention to the smallest details is why we stop playing NBA Live in the Early 2000's (I go back to 2k8) If we wanted inaccurate player models and inaccurate animations we would have spent our money$ on NBA Live 16. Don't get me wrong NBA2K 16 is still an amazing game that we appreciate playing but we can't help but notice that you haven't continued to provide consumers with the amount of detailed that you have in the past. Many companies follow this trend. In the beginning, before companies really start to take off and make insane amounts of money$, they provide consumers with an amazing amount of detail and customer satisfaction. They do what ever it takes to make a good product so that they make money$. Once they have our money after years of buying their product they become very rich & for the rest of their lives, they start doing whatever it takes to SAVE as much money as they can while continuing to provide consumers with a product that we EXPECT to be the same as it was from the beginning. Nope. This is a NEW BEGINNING, the beginning of the end of how NBA2k used to handle their business.

..... Have you seriously been around these last fews years?...

2k has never been a detailed oriented company lol

Infact, this year their making more progress than they EVER have, in the last gen.

Cyberfaces weren't even present in the past for every single player, they are a new thing, and the Created player model problems have been present for a long time, you only notice them now because cyberfaces are now present.

I still don't get the big deal about dunks lol your making it seem like a feature that is worth the 60$ alone...? again i personally don't even notice this, and many haven't mentioned it either, yet you do, i mean thats totally fine that you care about it a lot, but i personally believe theirs bigger problems at hand, that affect the gameplay more.

And socks...? socks.. like honestly, i don't pay attention to such things, too busy focusing on the gameplay.

What has happened to fans of this game? seriously though, all they seem to care about lately is the superficial, not even mentioing true gameplay issues and flaws?.. what happened to old style gaming like damm... when graphics and presentation weren't even a thing? when it was all about the gameplay?... i mean just saying.. ive repeated this like 5times because it continues to shock me.

To me 2k has done a fantastic job on this game compared to 2k15, 2k15 barely had any support.

So lets be patient friends, and appreciate that they are even updating the game at their pace, we all know last gen isn't a focus for them anymore, we all knew it when we bought the game, it was obvious, so to be complaining now is kind of dumb, i mean come on.

Infact, 2k always has problems in the first few months, this is common knowledge for 2k fans, i have been a 2k heavy gamer since 2k9 and it has always been like this, with both offline and online.

This is also an issue with next gen, the game has tons of problems too on next gen, so its not like they have free time to adress us and only us alone, they have their hands full.

Infact, now that the season is on, it will be even more difficult for them to adress cyberface issues and such, because the technology am sure requires the actual player to be present, and we all know the players are playing right now and handling their bussiness, we have to think proffesionaly on this, put ourselves in 2ks place and understand why they might be having problems.

I mean does any of us actually have knowledge of how updates are done? how problems are fixed? how stacked 2ks scheduled might be?... just saying, we have to be open minded here, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, is easy to assume and get mad but odds are that programming is a hard task and it takes time to fix issues at hand.

So yea, lets enjoy that we even have last gen games still with some sort of improvement.. if we don't like it than we just sell it back, simple as that, 2k has never been an immediate answer company, so i don't know where your getting this from? like honestly lol.

We share your frustration, but at the same time, you say that you have been playing since 2k8, ok, you have been present for a long time, so don't you already anticipate these things happening? and us having to be patient?.

I mean is it wrong of them? of course!, but we have to deal with it every year, so that being said your post on that topic seems out of place? just saying.

To be honest i found your last statement funny, because if anything is a continuation of their "always having issues culture", i mean its not personal to them, tons of companies are like this, we don't know what happens behind the scenes to be 100% sure that is an intentional behaviour by them.

Last edited by Leasim96; 10-30-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 03:21 PM   #96
Rookie

I'm happy they are keeping it updated, but honestly I'd rather wait 2-3 more days to get an accurate face scan or CAP then bald really generic looking people. I mean honestly, they put Lamar Patterson's picture in, and his model is a bald white guy that looks like TJ McConnel.

And they made Willie Cauley Stein a CAP again, can't seem to update without that poor guy resorting back to that. Looking forward to the next update.

I know it's a dream but 2k/Vlad can you just put James Harden's beard on Nikola Mirotic? Please I beg of you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »