Home

Out of Bounds Plays

This is a discussion on Out of Bounds Plays within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #17
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Out of Bounds Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I was going to say that. LOL But you just want a play where they all break open to secure the inbound not necessarily to score ?
Yeah pretty much, would help online especially to combat inbound interceptors.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 06-11-2013, 01:59 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 3

dont have very much experience with in-bound plays, but in the instances that i have had them run for me, they are way too successful because the CPU is often oblivious,
Old 06-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #19
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
Against users I usually grab Hibbert and zone him up under the basket and often I still can't stop the pass under for a layup.

Against the CPU I can't score as well off of it because when they bump you you get stuck to them. You don't stick to a user controlled guy defender.

Last year I could alley oop from out of bounds on the baseline but haven't tried this year.

Speaking of alley oops Da_Czar, I can't press both of those buttons and alley oop lol. Maybe it's just me but alot of times when I do the alley oop I just end up hitting X. Wish it was simpler.
Coach my alley's have tanked since the button switch as well. Not sure if they will change it back but I have been requesting it.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 06-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #20
Rookie

prodnus's Arena

OVR: 1

How do I designate the inbounder off a timeout?

I press X on PS3 in the inbounding tab and the name of the player I select to inbound changes yellow except it doesn't work...
Old 06-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #21
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodnus

I press X on PS3 in the inbounding tab and the name of the player I select to inbound changes yellow except it doesn't work...
You have to choose shooter and play type as well.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #22
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

I think I only got a out of bounds play to work once and I don't know what I did, it was so random. I made the shot too. I remember because I was shocked it was offline with 76ers down by 3 in the 4th quarter. Play calling as a whole should be improved, shouldn't have broken plays even when I run the play correctly and they shouldn't take the whole shot clock to be executed.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #23
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodnus

Yeah the timeout inbound play settings thing just doesn't work at all.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Inbound plays are a non-factor for me. By that I mean, they play virtually no role in my gaming experience (except in occasionally creating undue frustration). As mentioned early on in the thread, there seems to be five seconds allotted not only to inbound the ball, but to also bring about your play menu, sift through your options, select your play, and then watch your players wander over to their proper positions at half speed. By that time, we're maybe left with about 1.5 seconds to get that rock inbounds.

I personally cannot recall the last time I was able to call the play I wanted on a baseline out of bounds and actually execute it as I desire. Usually, if I even call a play, it's at random just to get my players moving somewhere.

One improvement I'd make would be to allow access to the baseline playcalling menu immediately after you've earned possession. That way, you could skim through your options and get your players set up while substitutions and cut scenes are taking place (which is closer to how it'd work in real life). Very rarely do I feel a coach would wait until an inbounder had the ball in his hands before he made the playcall. "Waiiiit for it.... Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit for it. OKAY NOW SET UP BOX!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Yeah the timeout inbound play settings thing just doesn't work at all.
Is that legit? I've struggled to ever get them to work. I highlight everything I want but without some sort of confirmation, I feel like my requests never really stick.

Last edited by VDusen04; 06-14-2013 at 11:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »