Home

2k17 Offensive AI/ Freelance wishlist

This is a discussion on 2k17 Offensive AI/ Freelance wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2016, 11:47 PM   #41
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k17 Offensive AI/ Freelance wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Unless I've overlooked something, I don't think there's a 5-out freelance offense in NBA 2K16?

I'd love to see one with this spacing:

And with these principles:

1) If the ball handler dribbles towards you and you're one pass away you cut backdoor to the rim and come out in the opposite corner. Everyone else on the weak side of the floor rotates up one spot to maintain the core spacing shown above.

2) Any time you pass the ball you go set a series of off-ball screens on the opposite side of the floor until you wind up in the corner position.

I couldn't find a perfect example of that on YouTube, but this team's version of 5-out is pretty close:

MJ's bulls used to have this (u called it the 5-out) to initiate the triangle with either MJ or Scottie running the point and then cut to the post. would love to see this incorporated into the triangle plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2016, 03:50 PM   #42
Banned

Thanks for starting this thread czar. Here is a quick list of potential AI offense improvements:

1) Too many paint shots by CPU, resulting in too many points in the paint by them. Part of this might be due to user AI paint defense faults, but even with jump shooting teams the CPU AI offense will spam the paint too much.

2) On fast breaks, CPU ball handler will often straight line run to either side of paint, then stop and shoot an awkward looking short jumper. Should go to front of rim for layup/dunk, pass off for dunk, or pass for a 3 (never really see 3s on fast breaks).

3) CPU ball handlers can't reject screens. Seems hard coded to always go in direction of screener.

4) Just more tweaks to have teams/players play like real life counterparts. There have been great strides with this already in 2k16.

Thanks for listening and all the work done on the game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2016, 08:41 PM   #43
Just started!

-Dribble Drive freelance

-Defense I like to see pack line defense added as a option on defense.

-2k17 clean up the Princeton chin freelance its good I like to see better screens set for cutters and more spacings when u throw it to the center in the middle everyone cuts to the rim.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2016, 09:36 PM   #44
Banned

Dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2016, 12:43 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_source
-Dribble Drive freelance
That's definitely another one I'd love to see in NBA 2K17. Gotta' get it in the game before George Karl gets fired though! The Kings already fired his offensive assistant Vance Walberg who's the godfather of the dribble drive.

Coach Nick has a good breakdown of it over on BBall Breakdown:

Last edited by jyoung; 03-21-2016 at 01:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 01:50 AM   #46
Banned

WISports's Arena

Too many times I'll play vs the CPU (Golden State on 10 minute quarters) and Curry and Thompson will finish the game with 2-3 three-point attempts each. That's not right.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:03 AM   #47
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
not sure if this is mentioned, i have calderon bringing the ball up and pass to afflalo at the wing just after cross half court. called a play for affalo and sometimes (not all the time but happens), calderon who was supposed to make a cut instead "walked" past affalo. it took a few seconds away before he hit his spot at the corner.
incase i wasnt clear on this, check out the clip showing Galloway walking to his spot
https://youtu.be/0hJjgjCNoZY
Old 03-31-2016, 12:36 AM   #48
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

The play initiator needs to take the quickest route to the ball when a play is called. They currently take 3-5 precious seconds off the clock by running through the defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »