Home

2k17 Offensive AI/ Freelance wishlist

This is a discussion on 2k17 Offensive AI/ Freelance wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-06-2016, 04:58 AM   #25
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2k17 Offensive AI/ Freelance wishlist

Ive played about 150 games of MyLeague so I can offer some insights here.

1. Make the CPU more effective on the roll. The rollers tend to stroll through rather then roll hard. The DeAndre Jordan's of the NBA need to be more of a threat on the roll, and the use of the lob aswell. And make them use the pick and pop more. Griffin lives off it, so does Love and Dirk and others. Needs more.

2. They have to seek out the 3 more. I dont just mean Curry/Lillard, nearly all teams need to actively look to take 3s rather than just shoot them when left open.

3. The CPU AI needs better code to recognise mismatches. I think they recognise them on some occasions, but very few. This needs to be stronger.

4. Some non-shooters still shoot too much. I leave Roberson wide open and double up on WB/KD and he often takes 10-15 shots a game.

5. Unclutter the menus. You have said that POEs and some quick actions (using D pad) have no impact, so get rid of them.

6. Keep them feeding that post. Huge strides made in this area already.

7. Every game there is 1-2 quirks that you'd never see in a game (e.g. Dwight pulls off the dribble)

8. This is probably OG's area, but it is too easy to get 4s open in the pick and pop.

I hope this isnt perceived as statement the AI is poor; it's the best Ive ever experienced in a sports game. But like any game, there is scope for some improvement. Im still loving 2K16, so Im all good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2016, 07:28 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

The euro step should be assigned to a button maybe Y/triangle button to make it user friendly and easily accessible to the gamer. So it doesn't get abused make it more of a risk/reward for both the user/ai. Program it to where the user/ai can get called for travels by taking to many steps.

I would also like to see travels called on the user/ai after receiving a pass where the player performs their first step move to the basket where they don't gather their first steps correctly. Have this trigger rarely but still input this into the game.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:16 PM   #27
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0

Could we get Hawk and Shuffle freelance offenses?
Old 03-07-2016, 02:18 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 10

Please have the offenses begin their freelances quicker, and initiate plays quicker.

That would be number 1 for me.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:32 PM   #29
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
Please have the offenses begin their freelances quicker, and initiate plays quicker.

That would be number 1 for me.

Freelance means that you don't have to follow. TO allow that freedom you have to have at least 1 second where you allow the user to move without triggering an action.

That is no longer a freelance but a forced motion with a definitive starting point. Are you guys sure you want that.

Your starting to request something different than what the freelance was intended to give you.

A play has a definitive starting point. In order for things to kick off immediately they would have to function the exact same way.

I did many videos this year on how even though there is no icon almost all the freelances will start with a pass if you are in position. IF your waiting for the pass icon that means you waited too long and the cut action is actually firing off.

IF I do what you guys seem to be asking that is not a freelance that is more like a true motion and the actions will be not voluntary they will be automatic and immediate and when you go to freestyling you are probably going to run into your teammates who won't be spacing but running some action.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 03-09-2016, 04:57 AM   #30
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Im not going to speak for everyone, but I rarely found freelances had difficulty starting. The only thing that seemed to delay them slightly were exagerrated off-ball bumping animations.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:42 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Freelance means that you don't have to follow. TO allow that freedom you have to have at least 1 second where you allow the user to move without triggering an action.

That is no longer a freelance but a forced motion with a definitive starting point. Are you guys sure you want that.

Your starting to request something different than what the freelance was intended to give you.

A play has a definitive starting point. In order for things to kick off immediately they would have to function the exact same way.

I did many videos this year on how even though there is no icon almost all the freelances will start with a pass if you are in position. IF your waiting for the pass icon that means you waited too long and the cut action is actually firing off.

IF I do what you guys seem to be asking that is not a freelance that is more like a true motion and the actions will be not voluntary they will be automatic and immediate and when you go to freestyling you are probably going to run into your teammates who won't be spacing but running some action.
no, that is not the route we need 2k to take. What i might suggest is contextual animations (pointing to spots, waving players a direction) from the players when the freelance is starting so a person has an idea of when he's actually waiting for the actions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #32
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
The euro step should be assigned to a button maybe Y/triangle button to make it user friendly and easily accessible to the gamer. So it doesn't get abused make it more of a risk/reward for both the user/ai. Program it to where the user/ai can get called for travels by taking to many steps.

I would also like to see travels called on the user/ai after receiving a pass where the player performs their first step move to the basket where they don't gather their first steps correctly. Have this trigger rarely but still input this into the game.

Unfortunately man the NBA no longer calls travel lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »