Home

Freelance and Plays wishlist

This is a discussion on Freelance and Plays wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-10-2015, 03:24 PM   #65
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Freelance and Plays wishlist

Aslo in your clip what were adams and fisher trying to accomplish with thier initial pnr defense? A trap on manu? The secon part of the vid was to show how you can get the exact same spacing from a freelance. If using spurs it would be wise to switch to pace for stretches with certain line ups to keep your attack diverse!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #66
Rookie

i know this isn't exactly a play type, but i think the best thing offensively that could be added would be to have the players look to exploit mismatches more. whether out of freelance or a playcall, if the defense is caught on a switch with a big on a guard, or a guard rotating onto a big in the post i'd like to see the offense attempt to take advantage.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:42 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: Freelance and Plays wishlist

* I would Love it if FULL play art was the new default in all game mode settings, as currently only LITE displays in Team Up mode despite what you have it set to in your settings. very frustrating for us team up players, I don't think anyone prefers lite.

* allow us to practice inbound plays

I know these aren't play requests, but I use play calling a ton and that first issue (bug) has driven me nuts the past couple of years (used to work fine)

I know you'll come through with the goods as far as 2k16's playbooks..
Old 04-14-2015, 07:51 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

A few ideas:

1) More control over the fastbreak/secondary break options. For example, I love playing the Spurs Swing motion in halfcourt, but I love the double screen that gets triggered in the Pace offense off a rebound. It'd be great if I could sort of pick and choose to create my own freelance--even if it's only as simple as differentiating between transition offense and full halfcourt offense.

2) I think dribble hand-off mechanics need to be tweaked significantly--these are such a significant part of NBA offenses and they enable you to set a screen for a ballhandler who's already moving at a high speed. Improving these mechanics would open up a TON for freelance offense.

3) Related to 2, the game mechanics need to allow for greater facilitation via the post. So many teams--GS, Memphis, Milwaukee to name a few--facilitate heavily from the post. Guys like Joachim Noah and Blake Griffin average >5 assists per 36 minutes, which is more than quite a few solid PGs.

4) The Spurs swing needs some tweaking--they often initiate off the wing, however the way it's structured in 2k15 usually involves setting things up from the top of the key

5) Some ability to call which motion set to utilize--perhaps using the dpad or one of the shoulder buttons.

6) More options than freelance, motion, and space the floor--for example I'd love to set it to run the swing motion but then trigger to a spread PnR if I use the icon PnR function.

7) Would love to see the Hawks, Grizz, and Warriors modeled, as well as something like the Dantonio Suns offense, which was in some ways the epitome of a freelance offense in the modern NBA.

Thanks for all the work you do on this--it's shaping up to become a truly special feature of this game, if it isn't already.

Last edited by BigT34; 04-14-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:02 PM   #69
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I understand there are Limits, just like to push them. LOL. My whole thing is to make Player A shoot different Mid Range Shots than Player B. Because what I have found this year is that you can REMOVE all Play Types from Players and they will still Run the Plays Designed for their Position. And I have also Noticed that I can Raise the Tendencies enough were Play Types for the Players are Obsolete.

What I was Suggesting is NOT take anything away from the Playbooks themselves, but Give Players with Play Types(PnR, Mid, 3pt, etc) the Ability to the Option to Assign Specific Plays for them. Like if I wanted to Have SHAQ to Only have Low Post Plays on the Right Block. If it cant be accomplished I understand, just wanted to throw out the idea.
FYI on the back-end this is the same thing as assigning plays to players.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 04-15-2015, 07:05 PM   #70

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I'd like to see some late-game, inbounds-specific plays added.
Any particular examples ?
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 04-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #71

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
3) The small circle used to initiate plays needs an overhaul imo. Especially online against people abusing double teams, it's just frustrating trying to play normal basketball since the spot is just so damn small. A bigger circle would be nice, maybe even something like zones on the court where a play is triggered. I'm thinking about something like the way hotspots are distributed.

So for example 3 or maybe 5 zones around the 3 point line for plays triggered from there. If you enter the zone, the play gets started and is already running if you get to the 3pt line. Aside from being practical, it would also make games look more organic by reducing artificial breaks before plays are getting started. It's also making cheesy defense tactics harder in online play, since people won't be able to exploit the predetermined spots we have to use right no in order to run plays. If a player only needs to step into an area an a play is triggered, the defense actually has to counter the play instead of taking advantage of the current play calling system.
If i make that circle or the range too big it will effect the branching. Some of the branching are based on movement from one place to another.

So for example if your moving into a pick and roll branch but I make that huge the screen will be there and gone before you arrive.

I will look into expanding it a bit but too large and it gets messy especially if your a user who doesn't know what your doing and simply trying to follow the diagrams.

Play a bit with the play art set to off. That allows the plays to kick off even if the ball isn't in the exact location.

Also in some freelances a move to far left or right causes hand-offs to trigger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2015, 09:28 PM   #72
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Any particular examples ?
. . Plays where your speedy players start in the bakcourt and catch the ball at full speed going to the rim. Also would like some side line weakside lobs from inbounder. Ill look to see if i can find examples

Last edited by City_foxx; 04-15-2015 at 09:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »