Home

Freelance and Plays wishlist

This is a discussion on Freelance and Plays wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-18-2015, 04:35 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Freelance and Plays wishlist

I'd like to see weak side off-ball screens for the corner 3. (Kinda like in the Spurs Hammer sets)

Sometimes I see my guy in the corner wide open, I wanna throw him the ball, but my big guy near that corner will do nothing to stop the defender from reaching my corner shooter... Frustrating.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:07 AM   #98
MVP

OVR: 8

@Da_Czar

Added some more plays in the triangle forum
Old 06-24-2015, 10:56 AM   #99
Just started!

Jerry Sloan's Flex offense was so damn sexy it should have come with parental advisory. Would love to see it as a freelance offense.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:06 PM   #100
Rookie

Most important addition for me would be that you can enter the training mode and select in a menu every play available/not just the ones in the playbook of the specific team. and perform a training on the fly. no need to go out and search for everything etc. i think it was in 2k13 where you could train plays without an opponent.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:21 PM   #101
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I can't post a video from here right now, but would greatly appreciate it if someone could find a video of it. It could probably be done by going to NBA.com's game log and clicking on Zaza Pachulia assists...

There's two plays in particular I'm focused on.

1. Milwaukee feeds Zaza the ball at the elbow. The initial passer (generally MCW) sets a screen in the corner on Middleton's guy. One of Middleton and MCW then curls off of Zaza for a handoff while the other cuts backdoor for a potential pass from Zaza if he doesn't hand it off.

2. Feed the ball to Zaza at about the same spot again. MCW just cuts through and wheels around to the opposite corner. Middleton curls off Zaza for a handoff and can either complete the curl and drive for a dunk or pull-up jumper, or he can take the handoff while kinda flaring out (if the defender goes under the screen), resulting in an open 3.

The Bucks run this offense all the time, along with simply clearing out for an MCW post up out of the secondary break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know this is a month late but since it was bumped to the top I read through it again.

Does a triangle form on the strong side before the post entry? Sounds like you're describing Rick Adelman's corner offense and some of the wrinkles inside of it.

If so, that interests me because I love the triangle and the corner offense and will watch the Bucks a bit more this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #102
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I know this is a month late but since it was bumped to the top I read through it again.

Does a triangle form on the strong side before the post entry? Sounds like you're describing Rick Adelman's corner offense and some of the wrinkles inside of it.

If so, that interests me because I love the triangle and the corner offense and will watch the Bucks a bit more this season.

Yeah I think so. If I remember it right you basically have a guy in the corner, a guy at the high post, and a guy on the wing, and they dump it into the high post and run something off of that

NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-17-2015, 11:06 PM   #103
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Yeah I think so. If I remember it right you basically have a guy in the corner, a guy at the high post, and a guy on the wing, and they dump it into the high post and run something off of that

Here's the Warriors running their corner series, I'm sure this is what you're referring to. Man, your Bucks are gonna be a problem in a year or two smh.

Here's Adelman's offense. The early 2000s Kings teams ran it a lot better, especially with Brad Miller and CWebb catching it at the post but I couldn't find a good video of them running just the set. The Wolves ran it pretty robotic but it still got some pretty good looks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »