Home

Freelance and Plays wishlist

This is a discussion on Freelance and Plays wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-15-2015, 09:37 PM   #73
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Freelance and Plays wishlist

Old 04-16-2015, 01:44 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 8

Two specific plays.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:24 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 10

I have couple quick play requests. Mainly has to do with expanding user control.

-USER PICKS - Would love the ability to be able to control which side the pick is set.

-QUICK POST UP - Would love the ability to pick which player we want to post (this way we could post guards like Kobe or D Wade, or pick between who posts for strong frontcourt teams like Chicago & Memphis). Also, the ability to pick where on the court you want to post up would be cool: left or right block (top of the key wouldn't be a bad option either for guys like Aldridge, M. Gasol, Dirk, etc.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 02:07 AM   #76
MVP

Hi Czar,
In terms of freelance I'd like to see the wings post up more in the low block in the secondary break of the Triangle. Of course this would be impacted by post up tendencies. Right now SG and SF cant fill the low post unless there is a set play called.
https://youtu.be/GhohAr2ss0c?t=1h3m41s

Also, some more backdoor action off of the overplay in the flow stage
https://youtu.be/-0y-0Q3fAMY

Also I think the play initiator should set the offense up on the strong side more.

I have quite a few suggestions to improve the freelance and half court play selections. Mainly the center opposite (the lag pass should key this automatically), the UCLA High post series, solo cut, guard dribble series, more pressure releases, open sets, etc.

A lot of these play options were in 2K11 and 2K12. Do we have to post videos of those or can we just list the plays(and play type) and which game they are in?

Thanks again for your efforts on this!!!!!

Last edited by taildog; 04-19-2015 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:18 AM   #77
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
Hi Czar,
In terms of freelance I'd like to see the wings post up more in the low block in the secondary break of the Triangle. Of course this would be impacted by post up tendencies. Right now SG and SF cant fill the low post unless there is a set play called.
https://youtu.be/GhohAr2ss0c?t=1h3m41s

Also, some more backdoor action off of the overplay in the flow stage
https://youtu.be/-0y-0Q3fAMY

Also I think the play initiator should set the offense up on the strong side more.

I have quite a few suggestions to improve the freelance and half court play selections. Mainly the center opposite (the lag pass should key this automatically), the UCLA High post series, solo cut, guard dribble series, more pressure releases, open sets, etc.

A lot of these play options were in 2K11 and 2K12. Do we have to post videos of those or can we just list the plays(and play type) and which game they are in?

Thanks again for your efforts on this!!!!!
If it's easy for you to provide the links to video that saves me some time. And the more time I have the more of this I can get to. However if you have the play names from the older games that works also.

That guard post is tricky to pull off the closest I might be able to get is to do some sort of early offense with that specific to the triangle. Thanks for that though as it was not on my radar. May take another cycle to make that something that happens more naturally.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 04-19-2015, 06:55 AM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
If it's easy for you to provide the links to video that saves me some time. And the more time I have the more of this I can get to. However if you have the play names from the older games that works also.

That guard post is tricky to pull off the closest I might be able to get is to do some sort of early offense with that specific to the triangle. Thanks for that though as it was not on my radar. May take another cycle to make that something that happens more naturally.

Ok great! Since some of these have multiple branches I'm just going to post links of in game footage (if available) and the play name from 2K11/12
Old 04-19-2015, 10:47 AM   #79
Just started!

OVR: 0

What's good fam. Just wanted to see what you guys had as far as hopes wishes and dreams for 2k16 in terms of Plays and possible freelance offenses you would hope to see.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:40 PM   #80
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Please post on the topic at hand

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »