Home

Need help with my 2K difficulty conundrum

This is a discussion on Need help with my 2K difficulty conundrum within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-22-2023, 01:51 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Need help with my 2K difficulty conundrum

The easiest or simplest "difficulty modifier" are the offensive and defensive awareness ratings.

I suggest going up to all-star but lowering the cpu defensive awareness by 5 to start with.

In conjunction lower the body up sensitivity for both to 25. That opens the dribble penetration game.
Old 12-29-2023, 09:15 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks everyone who responded. I haven’t played 2k since the Jordan one until last week, and am having the same pro/all-star balance problems. Pro feels the most fair and smooth, but it’s so easy to bait the computer into driving then getting a body on him before the layup (guaranteed miss). Teams shoot like 30% against Bam, save for the section of the game programmed for the computer to go on a momentum run. I was initially impressed at how the game has evolved, but a week later now seeing how not much has changed at all.

My simple, great equalizer for All-Star difficulty is Isaiah Joe. Easiest release in the game I’ve found. But yeah, it sucks not just being able to play the game straight. Like, the computer NEVER helps on All-Star so the only way to get an open 3 is a pick and fade (which, sadly, works 100% of the time…Kevin Love is an All-Star again).

I had higher hopes but here I am getting dragged back down into the slog and tedium of user sliders and experimentation. Maybe I’ll just shelve it.

Last edited by brooks_thompson; 12-29-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-14-2024, 10:52 AM   #19
Rookie

After 4 months I also haven't found a solution to this problem, and I have more or less stopped playing this game. It is sad, because there are good things in the game, but I haven't found a setting which offers a gameplay I like.

However, if anybody has a solution for this please share it with us.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:45 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The easiest or simplest "difficulty modifier" are the offensive and defensive awareness ratings.

I suggest going up to all-star but lowering the cpu defensive awareness by 5 to start with.

In conjunction lower the body up sensitivity for both to 25. That opens the dribble penetration game.
I know I'm a few months late but I'm messing around with it again and trying this. The only thing I've changed is I gave the CPU offense HOF sliders (other than the 25 body up), so they're making a lot more shots. So far so good I'll update.

Edit: Getting much more competitive games and better scoring, but heat checks/shooting with a guy in front of you even with space are a complete no go so it's hard to score with my PG. Also close to zero step back game. Even if I'm a lot taller than the guy I can't shoot over them.

Tried changing shot coverage impact to 45 we'll see how it does.

Last edited by TexasRyan; 03-02-2024 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2024, 05:14 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

These settings have made 2k24 playable for me.

Still tough, just got blown out by the hawks lol, but the game feels much better now.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2024, 04:04 PM   #22
Rookie

I was getting great games but now something got updated and I can't score as well on offense now. I'm putting up like 100 points in 8 minute quarters and the CPU is putting up 120+.
Old 04-05-2024, 04:27 PM   #23
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRyan
I was getting great games but now something got updated and I can't score as well on offense now. I'm putting up like 100 points in 8 minute quarters and the CPU is putting up 120+.
That's why I hate these global updates from 2k

They should create separated shooting patches/updates

Offline - Let us users decide on the shooting with sliders the only thing should keep updating is the AI Logic & decisions
Keep updating the difficulty levels challenging
Old 04-05-2024, 10:34 PM   #24
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Recently hopping back into offline and Superstar default has been playing amazing…

I’ve always been a minimal sliders type of guy, if any…

Two things-

Not getting caught it slider hell over adjusting the game. Play some at default and make minor adjustments from there.

Understanding that every game isn’t going to okay out the same way. It’s not always because there was a major under the hood adjustment, it’s just the nature of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »