Home

Need help with my 2K difficulty conundrum

This is a discussion on Need help with my 2K difficulty conundrum within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-11-2023, 10:34 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Need help with my 2K difficulty conundrum

The original issue sounds very similar to my own. I just dived back into 2K about a week or two ago, after the latest patch, and I've experienced some level of success by upping the CPU shooting sliders a good deal beyond what feels right to do.
Old 12-11-2023, 10:43 PM   #10
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

OVR: 0

I go through the same thing. But I had enough and decided to use Popboy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-19-2023, 12:43 AM   #11
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Yea I was thinking about playing 2k23 again for this very reason hof starting out cool until the patches hit and now idk what level to play on for the first time in 2k history

I'm also torn that they finally made the AI competitive
So I'm juggling between Fun or competitive🤔🤔
2k nailed that aspect in the PS4 era
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2023, 09:29 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Yea I was thinking about playing 2k23 again for this very reason hof starting out cool until the patches hit and now idk what level to play on for the first time in 2k history

I'm also torn that they finally made the AI competitive
So I'm juggling between Fun or competitive🤔🤔
2k nailed that aspect in the PS4 era

Unfortunately the only real competitive difficulty level is superstar or HoF. Playing on either is not fun (for me) because regardless of sliders or roster edits defense is absolutely the most ridiculous style of play I've seen in many, many years. The most realistic style of play as far as the cpu not mind reading and reacting as you input controls is rookie. Even on Pro you'll see a player with his back to the play, literally react to a drive or a pass as it happens.

There are other under the hood/bugs/factors at play also. For example I am one of the people that really complained a lot in the perimeter defensive thread and came to realize that despite having updates, roster changes, etc my game is playing much differently than what I see in vids and clips. I've actually had it play pretty decent and then, utter crap. Since the last update defense has been toned down, as has the warping and defensive sliding and other nonsense. It even played pretty well for me, but it's reverted back to not being able to move. Currently on default rookie, roster edits with everyone having every single drive, offensive badge and 25 ratings for defense abilities I can't blow by a single person without it taking up half the length of the court. If I get by a guy on a pick, he'll warp from 7 feet behind me to strip me mid layup or float in mid air, in front of me to attempt a block. I've uninstalled it 3 times and only once has it been ok, but I get roster updates and then it's beyond horrible again. There's also speed issues. The game, even without being online at all, will play differently from last time you turned it off. Last I played I had speed, acceleration and anything movement related set to so low it's alarming and it still played fast as hell. Tried reinstalling last night because I have time off for the holidays and default speeds is playing slower than the other day when I had everything down to next to nothing.

The game game is a mess. For lack of better terms, the 'base defensive model' is horrible. Individually most NBA defenders are at a pretty severe disadvantage because, well that's how life works. Defenders have to react and can't break physics to compensate. In NBA 2K24 defenders are just absolute psychic, physics-defying titans, even with ratings as low as they can be. In the NBA a guy who gets the ball on a fast break doesn't slow down despite telling his legs to run as fast as they can, and when a defender sees him break he doesn't warp in front of him and essentially cut off forward momentum.

Just play 23. It's a better game, objectively. It has much. much better player movement and ball movement. Simple plays like a quick screen or pick and roll actually play out pretty quickly. The level of physicality is toned down in a much more realistic manner. All of the cool dribbling is awesome in 24, but if you're like me and have a version where despite updates sliding and defensive absurdity is still present, they are essentially useless. Pretty looking, and fun to use in 2KU, but in game it's just another animation to play out while your defender just mirrors your movement.
Old 12-19-2023, 03:04 PM   #13
Rookie

m29a's Arena

In my experience, spamming PNR for any type of opening is the primary solution to deal with the physical defense and higher difficulty levels. I've come to the conclusion that it's better to work around this than to expect big changes in design philosophy. 2K ball can still be enjoyable despite occasional frustrations and that realization has helped me have decent games on HOF default.

I'll also say again I don't really believe there are changes behind the scenes with defense. I think it's more about people playing against different teams with different players and badges/ratings can make impressions swing rapidly.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:19 PM   #14
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

The post play took a step back this year
I can be shaq vs 69 rated center that's out of position and it's still called being contested with no hands up smh
That should be BBQ Chicken more then not

Last edited by simbayless; 12-22-2023 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2023, 03:25 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
The post play took a step back this year
I can be shaq vs 69 rated center that's out of position and it's still called being contested with no hands up smh
That should be BBW Chicken more then not
That's the defensive philosophy this year. Everything is contested. By hook or by crook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2023, 12:26 PM   #16
Rookie

If you're playing on MyERA (I am playing Modern), I read in one of the threads here to remove the Badges. True enough it made my experience HUGE improvement. Just FYI, after drafting for your next season, you need to remove the badges again. I play Superstar btw in this mode with no changes in terms of setting except put 12 min needs approval for trades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »