Home

NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-15-2023, 07:41 PM   #25
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online

No love for PNO this year I see

Things I enjoy about the game so far……

Jumping fouls. What a blessing to behold. That along with the one hand up close outs not working this year has been a thing of beauty and a ton of fun. Has Definitely made zones less effective because you can’t just randomly jump to close out on shooters being left open.

Onball defense. Didn’t think 2K23 could get any better. The body ups, causing more loose balls, fumbled balls, picking up your dribble. I really don’t understand why anyone would wanna play offball. I gotta admit, I am seeing more onball defenders this year.

Shooting. Kinda weird to me. I honestly think 2K23 was easier to shoot for me, but this year seems more user friendly. I’m alittle over 50 games in now and I have yet to see anyone use the shot meter that should tell you something. I like the fact that everything shot doesn’t have to green to go in. Adds to the nostalgia. At first in wasn’t a fan of the cutscenes but they’ve grown on me. I would say more of a variety and showing emotions from players would add to the atmosphere of it.

Stamina. Players get tired a lot faster. I enjoy that. Gotta use that bench now. Most people i play against end up losing because of this. Running with your starting 5 the whole game, you end up getting ran out the gym

Other than this, it’s pretty much 2K23 with these additions to polish it up a bit. Still amazes me the amount of people i come across that have no idea how to fundamentally play basketball. The constant running around forcing shots with star players is most of these guys downfall. Unable to run any plays to get someone open. Mind boggling

On another note. I really wish they would get rid of the tiers. Tired of playing against the same teams over and over. They need a better match making systems so you won’t always have to go up against the warriors or etc. If not give us the ability to back out of the match like Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 07:43 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Am I the only one who is getting killed playing PNO. No matter what defense I try to play, guys are hitting contested 3’s on every shot. Ridiculous. SMH. PLEASE HELP ME.

Last edited by Stilltrill928; 09-15-2023 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Error
Old 09-15-2023, 09:26 PM   #27
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilltrill928
Am I the only one who is getting killed playing PNO. No matter what defense I try to play, guys are hitting contested 3’s on every shot. Ridiculous. SMH. PLEASE HELP ME.

Gotta change those defensive settings or this will happen. Talk about a massacre………ouch

And please tell me your playing onball defense.

Old 09-15-2023, 09:57 PM   #28
Rookie

runnerwest's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
No love for PNO this year I see

Things I enjoy about the game so far……

Jumping fouls. What a blessing to behold. That along with the one hand up close outs not working this year has been a thing of beauty and a ton of fun. Has Definitely made zones less effective because you can’t just randomly jump to close out on shooters being left open.

Onball defense. Didn’t think 2K23 could get any better. The body ups, causing more loose balls, fumbled balls, picking up your dribble. I really don’t understand why anyone would wanna play offball. I gotta admit, I am seeing more onball defenders this year.

Shooting. Kinda weird to me. I honestly think 2K23 was easier to shoot for me, but this year seems more user friendly. I’m alittle over 50 games in now and I have yet to see anyone use the shot meter that should tell you something. I like the fact that everything shot doesn’t have to green to go in. Adds to the nostalgia. At first in wasn’t a fan of the cutscenes but they’ve grown on me. I would say more of a variety and showing emotions from players would add to the atmosphere of it.

Stamina. Players get tired a lot faster. I enjoy that. Gotta use that bench now. Most people i play against end up losing because of this. Running with your starting 5 the whole game, you end up getting ran out the gym

Other than this, it’s pretty much 2K23 with these additions to polish it up a bit. Still amazes me the amount of people i come across that have no idea how to fundamentally play basketball. The constant running around forcing shots with star players is most of these guys downfall. Unable to run any plays to get someone open. Mind boggling

On another note. I really wish they would get rid of the tiers. Tired of playing against the same teams over and over. They need a better match making systems so you won’t always have to go up against the warriors or etc. If not give us the ability to back out of the match like Madden.

u cant see opponents shot meter anymore via mike wang its not that they all have it off. tho im sure some do.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:36 PM   #29
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls

Yooooooo that's by far the biggest thing I've seen. No I mean no one is using the shot meter this year. I've been completely blown away by that fact. I'm about 20 games in. I haven't one person with a shot meter.

Also I played my first cross play game today. Man it was probably the most cheesy person I've played in a long time. All he kept doing was using the cut button to score with Julius Randle. I mean over and over and over again. I made some adjustments and he got blown out. And plus the CPU started to catch on and started stealing all these passes. It completely flipped the game.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:48 PM   #30
Rookie

I play on ball, off ball, zone and nothing works. People are shooting 3’s in half a second with defender on them and they still go in.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM   #31
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerwest
u cant see opponents shot meter anymore via mike wang its not that they all have it off. tho im sure some do.

Oh ok, didn’t know that information

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 10:50 PM   #32
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilltrill928
I play on ball, off ball, zone and nothing works. People are shooting 3’s in half a second with defender on them and they still go in.

Defensive settings?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »