Home

NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-07-2023, 02:41 PM   #49
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5)

Let’s transition questions to the stickied thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2023, 02:44 PM   #50
Rookie

MikeBadge's Arena

OVR: 0

Mamba Moments

Was a little nervous about how the Triangle would play in Player Lock, but it was pretty solid. Some of my easiest buckets were off the weakside action. AI moved past options a bit too fast for my liking, both Shaq and myself as Kobe missed post opportunities b/c teammates were to fast to swing to next action instead of looking to the post (get this b/c most freelances should move really quick but Triangle in 2K can work really well when you're methodical).

Less confident about non stacked teams maintaining offensive competence after this one. Nothing in particular stood out on the Kings side but as I play more I wonder how non star lineups will actually fare out there.

Seems like opponent AI shooting doesn't use shot timing input anymore? Led to a lot more high contest made shots than I'm used to seeing (which felt like a good thing to me).

Unfortunately, AI teammates still are using shot timing input. Bright side, plenty of made AI shots that weren't green. Kobe Lock has me a little nervous that Player Lock MyNBA will still have some shortcomings gameplay wise.
Old 09-07-2023, 02:50 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBadge

I need to go to 2KU and get some reps in lol.

A decent number of plays where AI Booker looked and felt really good getting to his spot in space.

Could just be because it's my first couple games but AI offense feels a lot more competent this year.
A Little thing I thought was nice here (watched only the first Q) is that the Suns got Booker, Beal and Durant who were bringing the Ball up. Felt like it wasn’t that way in 2K23 where it was only the PG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2023, 03:52 PM   #52
Rookie

ShamWowNY's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
Thanks for checking. The Real FT % and Real FG % mechanic has been so neglected the last few years. Not even remotely accurate percentages.
In addition to the percentages being wack, it also really limits the ways you can miss, if that makes sense. You never see super offline FTs or some of the more creative bounces off the rim that you see with timing.
Old 09-07-2023, 04:49 PM   #53
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Is Help Defense slider still broken or fixed?
Old 09-07-2023, 05:07 PM   #54
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

After a couple of games I feel there is an issue with the help defense and super fast closeouts. Its almost impossible to drive and kick because help comes late and when it comes it is super quick getting back to the open man.
Old 09-07-2023, 06:31 PM   #55
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
After a couple of games I feel there is an issue with the help defense and super fast closeouts. Its almost impossible to drive and kick because help comes late and when it comes it is super quick getting back to the open man.
The help defense slider is super sensitive and seems to be working great! There was no help per usual at 1st on PNR’s, DHO’s, & ISO’s. I then went & noticed some teams were at 0 help defense. I put a team at 100 and a team at 75 and help and rotations were solid every time. Rotated early & help came immediately. Good scrambles and x outs. Very encouraging!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2023, 07:01 PM   #56
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
The help defense slider is super sensitive and seems to be working great! There was no help per usual at 1st on PNR’s, DHO’s, & ISO’s. I then went & noticed some teams were at 0 help defense. I put a team at 100 and a team at 75 and help and rotations were solid every time. Rotated early & help came immediately. Good scrambles and x outs. Very encouraging!
It fixed ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »