Home

NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-07-2023, 01:08 PM   #41
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5)

Does the user miss free throws on Real FT %?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2023, 01:13 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Wasn't able to watch the stream. How we looking with the sigs and breakdowns? If Jordan got some love hopefully that means other legends were updated and improved as well.
Ok so I haven’t been able to see his full signature size up animations play out yet but from the quick second I saw it seems to be the same. But his aggressive breakdown sig was a move from his 2K23 signature size up package. But his regular size up move looks new and appears to be his only new sig in the game. It’s just a simple between the legs back and forth and behind the back but it’s something I guess. So I’m guessing we’ll see some legends have moves from their older size up packages carry into these 3 new dribble package combos in 2K24 but since they can’t recycle everything due to animation constraints before, some legends I’m sure will have new animations applied to these from scratch moves.

For MJ at least, those new breakdown combos consist of just one combo animation each.

What’s interesting to me is all classic Bulls jerseys get the black stripe on the jerseys that they were in 92.

Last edited by AIRJ23; 09-07-2023 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2023, 01:14 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 2

Still waiting on ps5 release but from videos I’ve seen a few players missing from 2K23 are in 2K24. Jose Calderon. Brad Miller. Brandon Roy. Luol Deng. Marc Gasol. I’m sure others. Nice to see.
Old 09-07-2023, 01:22 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
Does the user miss free throws on Real FT %?
Not many, I went 13/15. May need to change to user.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2023, 02:03 PM   #45
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Not many, I went 13/15. May need to change to user.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for checking. The Real FT % and Real FG % mechanic has been so neglected the last few years. Not even remotely accurate percentages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2023, 02:24 PM   #46
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
Thanks for checking. The Real FT % and Real FG % mechanic has been so neglected the last few years. Not even remotely accurate percentages.
The real FT% thing in particular is wild because it's the easiest thing on the planet to simulate. It's literally just a fixed percentage. Maybe weight it slightly based on fatigue or something, but coding a real FT% mechanic is the kind of thing one of those free programming courses might ask you to do on your fourth JavaScript lesson. No idea why it's always been so busted.
Old 09-07-2023, 02:34 PM   #47
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBadge
Guys that should be helping on D mostly glued to their man.

Also one really tough play where Lowry got switched onto Jokic and the AI defense just let me work one on one in the post.
I'm seeing the same things after playing multiple games so far. The AI just lets me abuse smaller players with bigger players. I've used Kawhi and PG repeatedly to back down guards with ease.

I've said this in the past but I bet the at times non-existant help defense is because a lot of 2K players hate seeing wide open jumpers and if that happens the game "must be broken".

Edit: After more games, I'm noticing clear warping where I get the defender leaning one way, I have a clear step on him and he warps back in front and hard pushes me away from the basket. I've seen this happen even with average defenders and it really hurts the natural flow of drives and it would straight up be a foul in the real games. This isn't how actual NBA perimeter defense is played and still bothers me after all these years. It simply happens too often.

Last edited by m29a; 09-07-2023 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-07-2023, 02:39 PM   #48
MVP

How would you guys rate the overall defense (not even talking how the AI acts or schemes, literally the bottom line being how easy it is to score on CPU) when on the same difficulty compared to 2K23?

In most 2K24 videos I’ve seen I’m seeing blow by’s and circular turbo spams that give easy beelines to the basket for easy dunks or layups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »