Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-15-2021, 05:32 PM   #1193
Rookie

JacobHoward412's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
(Posted on my NBA reality roster thread)...

I've started running CPU vs CPU games with sliders similar to the SimWorld spreadsheet from 2K19. Everything is going very well. Plays fluid like real NBA EXCEPT the point guards shoot way too much, like almost every possession. Any suggestions on how to change that? Is it in the player tendencies or game sliders?
Old 04-15-2021, 10:00 PM   #1194
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobHoward412
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I make my own roster and sliders and this is a problem I've had for YEARS.
Raise the run plays coaching slider. I usually set most teams to 99.
Lower the pgs touches tendency. Make it at least 10 Lower than the players who you want to have more involved.
This doesn't have to just be pgs. I had to do this for a few high volume players in my 40yr superleague roster. Most notably Carmello Anthony on the knicks as he was just hogging it and Ewing was hardly getting any touches.

Lower their actual shooting tendencies being subjective to their teams. Mainly contested jumpers or off screens. I had to do this with heaps of player in my roster.
You have to find a balance though. It takes some testing etc to get where you want it as every team behaves different regarding its players and their tendencies relative to the player who is hogging it too much.
You may have to change up their playbooks too.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:12 AM   #1195
Just started!

I use a lot of NBA Today to run games with correct commentary but why the hell does Zion have a fadeaway tendency of 75 🤦🏽*♂️?

Everytime CPU Zion gets the ball down low he bricks TF out of a fadeaway Jumpshots, usually over the left shoulder. WHY?

How can this rating be the same thing all season smh. Nobody notices this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2021, 03:26 PM   #1196
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobHoward412
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I make my own roster and sliders and this is a problem I've had for YEARS.
Not really...since I can't really spend too much time with CPU vs CPU.

However, I would highly suggest my user vs CPU slider set with my roster as well.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...x-new-gen.html
Old 04-29-2021, 02:09 AM   #1197
Rookie

What are some examples of some of the most broken player tendency ratings in the official 2K roster? Would love to fix some up. Thanks
Old 04-29-2021, 05:24 PM   #1198
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Vann we need you back. We need your playbook and general expertise to make this year's game playable. We're in a pandemic, please give us a quality roster lol

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-05-2021, 03:05 PM   #1199
Rookie

hey do you have formula for driving layup?
Old 09-03-2021, 03:42 PM   #1200
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCAROLINAKID
Vann we need you back. We need your playbook and general expertise to make this year's game playable. We're in a pandemic, please give us a quality roster lol

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
After sitting out 19-21 (bought on sale late in cycles and tested each briefly)I decided to give 22 a legit shot from the get go. I know a lot of people didn’t like 18 but I loved it after edits and sliders. I had never played a cpu AI that good so the last 3 years was a letdown and stepback IMO. I guess my standards were raised after 18 and what the game is capable of and how good of a game the AI was capable of playing.

So, Don’t call it a comeback just yet, but I did pre order 22 and I’m looking forward to diving in next Friday!

A few quick things Im anxious to see…

1 - Can we finally emulate real nba offenses of today with DHO’s that are smooth with players coming off handoffs for the user? And will these create advantages especially when coming off a pin down before the DHO like Chicago action that every team runs all game. Is there more than 1 Chicago action play in the game this year? Lol Hopefully and truthfully it should be an option out of early transition in 5 out as there isn’t a team who doesn’t run it especially in early transition situations and a trailing big. Teams run this all game every game so it should be represented by now if we truly want to catch today’s nba play styles.

I mean I even wrote a book just on Chicago Action that has over 100 Chicago Action plays in it that teams are using today from multiple alignments.

https://www.nextplayhoops.com/collec...ction-playbook

Hopefully it’s well represented this year!

2 - Does ACE override tendency edits

3 - Does the CPU AI defense work? How’s drop coverage? How’s the snake dribble & floater game to counter? How’s the closeouts and closeout scramble speed? I loved hearing about the chase around screen technology! That’s how the nba is played nowadays. I want to see how that works and how the help counters that.

4 - obviously I will start with also testing some CPU Plays and how they execute the important ones… That’s always the 1st thing I do when I get a new game.

5 - Is the ball handling smooth with no input delays? How’s the on ball defense interactions with staying in front and sticking with mismatches? Nothing worse then having a guy bite on a crossover and I’m stuck in a animation when I want to explode and attack him as I have him beat off the dribble.

6 - And I am really hoping (but not expecting) they change the play art! I’ve really hated that along with the non intuitive way of calling plays they added a few years back. It could be so much better with more streamlined and less button pushes IMO…

Anyways, I look forward to diving into this thread to see what you guys saw the last few games and testing some stuff!

Like I said don’t call it a comeback, but I’m in a serious need of a basketball fix with so much parity in the league that I think there will be this next season as well as hearing that defense was a major working point this year. Although the blog definitely left a lot to be desired especially after blogs from years past so I’m skeptical but cautiously optimistic.

Look forward to it!

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 09-03-2021 at 03:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »