Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #793
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria416
haven't checked this thread in ages, been having too much fun in myleague! anyways im about 25 years deep, whole league is created players, and im just wondering which tendencies i should edit to get more drive and kicks? currently pretty much all guards and wings have 80+ drive tendency and 50+ SU and Offscreen drive tendency, but im not seeing them kick much.
On average to get good results and a attacking CPU in general having guards and wings with 75-80 and up in all drive categories including spot up and off screen. The CPU will still shoot if open if his 3 pt tendencies are properly rated. This just assures the CPU will attack and be aggressive in driving if no shot is there. Rarely do you see a player catch a spot up, not shoot, and just stand there. I even went 99 in all 3 categories for guys like Harden, Paul, Rondo, Westbrook, Wall, etc... I did rank and rate these off real life drive percentages though. But the low end of scale could be 65-75 now in all areas. As far as drive and kick you want to look at finish strong and pass to open man balance. I think all pig's low scale on pass to open man should be 75 at the lowest and 90-95 at the highest. 95 being Rondo as he's looking to pass more then score. Again for Rondo I went 45-50 in finish strong to assure he will kick. Wings should be 60-75 range. You could go uptown 80-85 if player calls for it. Keep in mind play discipline can factor in a bit as well...
Old 06-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #794
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Vann, for bigs who actually get iso's like embiid, what play types do you assign them guard post/post high or do you actually give them iso wing?

Im trying iso wing now but seeing embiid constantly iso at the 3pt line is driving me nuts
Old 06-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #795
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
Vann, for bigs who actually get iso's like embiid, what play types do you assign them guard post/post high or do you actually give them iso wing?

Im trying iso wing now but seeing embiid constantly iso at the 3pt line is driving me nuts
It all depends on the plays you assign. I might have given him ISO wing (not in front of game) if I put in the proper plays for him and as long as it didn't impact other players on team having ISO wing as well. You can go so many directions with play types & plays so it really depends how you create your playbook or the plays you put into each play type for a given team. I will say I have seen Embiid ISO a guy at top of key 3 though quite a bit. More of a breakdown really more then a actual ISO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 08:10 PM   #796
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Thanks man! Plug in and test, scale, plug in and test, scale, all year long! Lol! I’m so OCD with how the CPU plays as well as each player. I’d play a quarter and have a list of things to go change. I’d do that over and over til I liked where they were at. It will never be perfect and I’ve updated drive tendencies even more since update. But I think the angles and going right and left at 45-50-55 is huge there. Nba players can go either way. Glad you like them though and thanks for permatron for even doing this so you PS4 guys could try it. Next year we will hope for release in 1st month rather then June.

As far as the classic teams go I’d be all over it. The only thing is after playing a few classic teams the graphics are so bad I said screw it. If they can match the graphics to how the current teams are done I’ll do all the classic teams for sure. Not this year though...
See now why you gotta go and do that for? Now you got me feenin for some Run TMC and prime vinsanity vs Iverson
Old 06-14-2018, 01:35 AM   #797
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
On average to get good results and a attacking CPU in general having guards and wings with 75-80 and up in all drive categories including spot up and off screen. The CPU will still shoot if open if his 3 pt tendencies are properly rated. This just assures the CPU will attack and be aggressive in driving if no shot is there. Rarely do you see a player catch a spot up, not shoot, and just stand there. I even went 99 in all 3 categories for guys like Harden, Paul, Rondo, Westbrook, Wall, etc... I did rank and rate these off real life drive percentages though. But the low end of scale could be 65-75 now in all areas. As far as drive and kick you want to look at finish strong and pass to open man balance. I think all pig's low scale on pass to open man should be 75 at the lowest and 90-95 at the highest. 95 being Rondo as he's looking to pass more then score. Again for Rondo I went 45-50 in finish strong to assure he will kick. Wings should be 60-75 range. You could go uptown 80-85 if player calls for it. Keep in mind play discipline can factor in a bit as well...
thanks alot , already seeing some good results!
also im sure you mentioned it somewhere in this thread, but what sort of scales are you using in regards to touches, and did you change anything with regards to alley oops?

Last edited by hysteria416; 06-14-2018 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:26 PM   #798
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4

The Jazz are now complete! Thanks to another contributor for putching in, BlastaX. With the completion of the Jazz, this years playoff bracket is complete and if you want to run a full on playoff mode, now is the time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2018, 08:42 PM   #799
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permatron
The Jazz are now complete! Thanks to another contributor for putching in, BlastaX. With the completion of the Jazz, this years playoff bracket is complete and if you want to run a full on playoff mode, now is the time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks for doing this man. Been having a blast playing with this roster. Van did some great work, this roster is probably the most realistic/life like NBA roster that I have ever played with on 2K
Old 06-15-2018, 11:26 AM   #800
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Thanks for doing this man. Been having a blast playing with this roster. Van did some great work, this roster is probably the most realistic/life like NBA roster that I have ever played with on 2K
Thanks! High praise coming from you. Truth is it still could be way better in quite a few areas. But I am glad you are enjoying it! Lots of love in this one and glad I’m not the only one enjoying the difference in CPU teams and players! Are you using your own set of sliders or mine out of curiosity?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »