Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #801
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Thanks! High praise coming from you. Truth is it still could be way better in quite a few areas. But I am glad you are enjoying it! Lots of love in this one and glad I’m not the only one enjoying the difference in CPU teams and players! Are you using your own set of sliders or mine out of curiosity?
I was at first and the gameplay was still pretty awesome. I went ahead and adjusted some of my sliders to match yours and the gameplay seemed slightly even better. Your skiders were not that much different from my own. If 2K devs still visit this forum they really need to pay attention to what you've done with this roster. I've been messaging on the forum and directly to the devs for years that the playbooks and tendencies were the reason the players on the game were not playing realistic. Makes you wonder if they made these adjustments when the game is/before its release that they are afraid users may find the gameplay to SIM/hard. You really have to adjust your offense/defense against the CPU, which I love!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #802
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes this one was a big one. It was bugging me. I saw some guys make right read and wondered why others were forcing things and not taking what the defense was giving them then voila there it was obvious and glaring at you. I love this done and it's an easy edit too with the global edit feature...

I still don't know how to fix this do u remember help ?
Old 06-16-2018, 11:58 AM   #803
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I've been messaging on the forum and directly to the devs for years that the playbooks and tendencies were the reason the players on the game were not playing realistic.
These are the 2 biggest things gameplay wise for the CPU as well as the 2 most neglected or poorly implemented things every year. I’d agree though that possibly 2k wants a dumber less attacking CPU for the Timmy’s of the world? But I think you could adjust the drive tendencies throughout sliders and put those way down on lower levels for Timmy. Regardless, the attacking CPU especially on drives is just realistic basketball and what we see on tv so I think the closer we get to replicating that and individual players playing like they do irl the better we all are. Love to hear what you adjusted in your sliders to make it harder/easier/more realistic... Any feedback is appreciated in specific areas or with individual players that seem to be not aggressive enough, too aggressive, take to many shots, not getting enough touches or plays called, etc. Let me know fellas...
Old 06-16-2018, 11:59 AM   #804
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerswag24
Yes this one was a big one. It was bugging me. I saw some guys make right read and wondered why others were forcing things and not taking what the defense was giving them then voila there it was obvious and glaring at you. I love this done and it's an easy edit too with the global edit feature...

I still don't know how to fix this do u remember help ?
?????? You lost me... what exactly are you talking about here?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #805
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
?????? You lost me... what exactly are you talking about here?
Like some players forcing it too much or doing that contested pull up with an open lane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #806
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerswag24
Like some players forcing it too much or doing that contested pull up with an open lane.
Players will force or go until they get to hole with attack string too high or with pass to open man too low with it. If you go lower in contested mid range shots 5-10 (25-35 highest). Tie that in with mid range shot tendency. I went low on close and mid shots throughout the whole roster to eliminate those dumb pull ups with a open lane... shot iq factors in here too. It’s really making sure all are balanced together with each individual player.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #807
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
These are the 2 biggest things gameplay wise for the CPU as well as the 2 most neglected or poorly implemented things every year. I’d agree though that possibly 2k wants a dumber less attacking CPU for the Timmy’s of the world? But I think you could adjust the drive tendencies throughout sliders and put those way down on lower levels for Timmy. Regardless, the attacking CPU especially on drives is just realistic basketball and what we see on tv so I think the closer we get to replicating that and individual players playing like they do irl the better we all are. Love to hear what you adjusted in your sliders to make it harder/easier/more realistic... Any feedback is appreciated in specific areas or with individual players that seem to be not aggressive enough, too aggressive, take to many shots, not getting enough touches or plays called, etc. Let me know fellas...
Totally agree man. Also the only star player who didn't destroy for making mistakes was Kyrie Irving. He wasn't that aggressive. This may be a anomaly, I've only played against Boston one time honestly, so I may need to play a few more games against them to truly judge.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #808
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Totally agree man. Also the only star player who didn't destroy for making mistakes was Kyrie Irving. He wasn't that aggressive. This may be a anomaly, I've only played against Boston one time honestly, so I may need to play a few more games against them to truly judge.
You playing in play now or playoffs/my league? I was having problems with him being too aggressive for me so might have balanced him out too low? Play a few and Let me know... I will say I had tough time with his sim stats as well as he’d be averaging around 19-20ppg. But I think that’s because other Celtics had higher shot tendencies or higher touches? Might need to balance them better. It’s hard with them as number 1 we havnt seen their whole team with Hayward & Kyrie on floor with the rest of them as well as they are so balanced as far as who gets shots game to game. Let me know... thx!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »