Home

Old 02-22-2018, 03:08 PM   #2993
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MMA Off-Topic

Conor said he offered to step in for Holloway and fight Edgar at 222.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:27 PM   #2994
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I know Mayweather loves getting paid, but I just have a hard time visualizing him ever stepping foot in an MMA cage. The dynamics of boxing allowed their matchup give the illusion of a competitive fight for a while, and it was somewhat entertaining, but Floyd would get absolutely destroyed in MMA. I don't know if his ego could take that, but I guess anything is possible these days.

If they do fight again, it would be a real waste of time and McGregor's skills. He's an elite MMA fighter and most of us want to see him competing against other high-level talents.
If it doesn't happen then I dont understand why Mayweather would post that Paddy Power video of him in the Octagon, and why they would go back and forth with the digs at eachother.. it reminds me of the build up to their boxing fight. We know McGregor is in negotiations with the UFC and wants equity etc. Mayweather apparently needs the money too.

Another thing is an MMA rematch could have been in the contract all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Conor said he offered to step in for Holloway and fight Edgar at 222.
Source?
Old 02-22-2018, 03:36 PM   #2995
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
If it doesn't happen then I dont understand why Mayweather would post that Paddy Power video of him in the Octagon, and why they would go back and forth with the digs at eachother.. it reminds me of the build up to their boxing fight. We know McGregor is in negotiations with the UFC and wants equity etc. Mayweather apparently needs the money too.

Source?
https://www.mmafighting.com/platform...mpression=true

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #2996
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus

Mayweather does and says a lot of things, so I take most of what he presents to us with a grain of salt. But like I said in my previous post, anything's possible at this point. I recognize that it's not out of the realm of possibility, I just personally have a hard time seeing it happen.

The video scenario does mirror the original buildup to their fight, but Mayweather getting into the cage makes even less sense than the boxing match did. There is no puncher's chance for Mayweather in there because he lacks stopping power. It's not a compelling matchup in the least bit. Is the selling point Conor getting revenge? Seeing Mayweather finally get beat up? It will sell, but I highly doubt it would do anywhere near the numbers of the first fight unless the card is crazy stacked.

If Mayweather is cool with getting his *** kicked for a quick check and WME-IMG wants to sell us another circus, who knows what we might see by the end of the year. I guess we all have to stay tuned and see.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:28 PM   #2997
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I stopped following him on Instagram because he is so full of himself lol. That is ridiculous why supposedly put your name forward to fight at 222, when your belt is being defended by someone else at 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Mayweather does and says a lot of things, so I take most of what he presents to us with a grain of salt. But like I said in my previous post, anything's possible at this point. I recognize that it's not out of the realm of possibility, I just personally have a hard time seeing it happen.

The video scenario does mirror the original buildup to their fight, but Mayweather getting into the cage makes even less sense than the boxing match did. There is no puncher's chance for Mayweather in there because he lacks stopping power. It's not a compelling matchup in the least bit. Is the selling point Conor getting revenge? Seeing Mayweather finally get beat up? It will sell, but I highly doubt it would do anywhere near the numbers of the first fight unless the card is crazy stacked.

If Mayweather is cool with getting his *** kicked for a quick check and WME-IMG wants to sell us another circus, who knows what we might see by the end of the year. I guess we all have to stay tuned and see.
Yeah I agree, I dont know how they would sell it. It will probably be like Boxing vs MMA, this time it's a real fight and Conor will destroy him blahblahblah. Alot of fans still want to see Mayweather get beaten up, he still has some haters.

I would still tune in but hopefully McGregor can fight an actual MMA fighter after, instead of parading on social media, flaunting his money.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:28 AM   #2998
MVP

How to embed tweets. I was trying to embed this tweet from Dana White with Brock Lesnar.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:52 AM   #2999
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
How to embed tweets. I was trying to embed this tweet from Dana White with Brock Lesnar.

Did you see an NFL player comment on Dana's instagram about JBJ?

An NFL player doesn't have much credibility but considering Jones brothers, maybe they do.

Also, Malki Kawa and Abraham have a decent track record of getting numerous fighters out of suspension with the ''tainted supplements'' shtick.

I for one would love Lesnar to pummel JBJ's head into the canvas.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:19 PM   #3000
MVP

Speaking of JBJ, his CSAC hearing is today at 10am PST.

Very interested to see his ruling. With all the talk of him fighting again in 2018, maybe he does get off with a lighter sentence; it is his second offense however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »