Home

MLB The Show Community & Social Media

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Community & Social Media within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB The Show Community & Social Media

I'll be the first to admit that MLB The Show has a lot of things it needs to improve on, but to say this isn't a great game and franchise is a gross misrepresentation. The way the game and studio are treated behind the veil of a keyboard is frustrating.

It saddens me to see these comments as the first and *most popular* responses to San Diego Studios on Twitter. Not one ounce of positivity or excitement.

MLB The Show is routinely one of the, if not *the* best sports game on the market, year after year.

IGN Rating:
18 - 8.5
17 - 9.5
16 - 9.3
15 - 8.5
14 - 8.1
13 - 8.8

What are your guys thoughts? Aside from the extremes of fan-boying and trolling, what are your thoughts of the general state of the game? Social Media is always considerably more egregious with it's opinions and vocal perceptions. Is this warranted? How should the game be viewed from an objective eye?Screenshot_20190127-124957_Twitter.jpgScreenshot_20190127-125009_Twitter.jpgScreenshot_20190127-125133_Twitter.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show Community & Social Media

The mistake was going on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

I by no means am saying the game is bad, but I take any video game review sites reviews on sports games with a HUGE grain of salt. None of them spend countless hours on each game. They put there "sports" guy on it who puts nowhere near the amount of time most of us do on the game.

In fact I cant remember IGN every giving 2k, NHL, Madden or the Show lower then like a 7.5 or even 8 in however long. Its just status quo, yearly sports entry.

I trust and value most OS'ers opinions over an IGN review. That being said, yes the game is fantastic. I do truly feel though that people are growing tired of the staleness of the game. It really hasnt had big massive innovations in this gen (ps4) and has largely just updated DD. I know thats a tired argument though so I digress.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

As with anything the complainers are the most vocal. Those of us who understand that it's a video game and a great one dont spend all day making posts typically.

I think most people are happy overall with the series and the dev's know that. It's a great game

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2019, 04:32 PM   #5
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Based on the community thread that got sad in a quick fast minute, this thread might be inviting the same rhetoric. I for one skipped 18’. I will keep my eye on ‘19, but I play with OSFM and offline franchise only. So the offline franchise hasn’t kept me engaged and has felt the same since 2008. Some facelifts here and there but the whole thing has felt the same to me. I miss MVP and I don’t really think I have had that feeling until 2018. Not to make this a “this vs that” thread, just stating what I felt watching this thread and the amount of issues reported week in and week out while staying the same everywhere else. Now, Ramone amd SDS don’t come on here anymore and really it was always going to happen. People want to think whatever in terms of the “why” but someone else accurately stated, they have way other feeds that actively promotes their brand in a way more advantageous way. Remember, this is there only real title in the sports arena. So as such they want their own brand in a way that EA does so, as they become bigger, and after 10 years have a pretty good idea of who on this forum they want to come to their studio and make this game better...why come on the forums as an active participant? Sure, they come and watch the threads to gain some product awareness of issues and such, but to engage like they have in old times, why? They pulled, in their minds, the top individuals in their field for beta/sds feedback testing. Millennium being the one from this forum. Personally I could care less who goes, I...the consumer...want a great baseball game that entertains me more than it has since 2008. I haven’t gotten it so if millennium helps give me that then awesome. It’s as simple as that for me because I have no beholden responsibility to invest in this product for the sake of “love of the game”. Some here do and great, but in the end, it’s a game and an investment of my money for the hope I trade said money for a fun and entertaining time. I love baseball, I always get my Rangers IF I play a video. But I haven’t truly been engaged in this for a while now. I hope ‘19 is different. I will be on standby. Hopefully the guys going down there get it going and there was a productive mind meld. Millennium is who represents this, and moreover his social community website (OS) so as such I am sure he has his input. I think all in all...it’s a board run business that says yay or nay...has nothing to do with developers. Madden has shown me, by blowing through their Leads like the Browns coaching staff, that in the end it’s a suite that makes these decisions...if it were the developers choice we would have the product we all want I believe. Who knows...lots of information in am putting out and it’s mostly ranting...heck...I am bored watching Garret and my cowboys have the best talent in the NFC talent at his disposal and he still can’t put points on the board. Sooooo sad. Jerry should be taking note and calling Mcarthy or promoting Richard, but he won’t so I get to be bored and reply to this thread and unload my sadness for video game baseball LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2019, 06:06 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

This is gonna be good

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-27-2019, 07:04 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I avoid social media like the plague; Twitter, Facebook Instagram et al. OS excluded, it serves my needs that I dont need to make use of the Mainstream Mafia & the Drive by Media. The Show on the other hand, I'd rather not do without

A Work in Progress
Old 01-27-2019, 07:04 PM   #8
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0

So my question is in 17 the game was rated a 9.5 and last yr took a step back to 8.5. Why is this?
There's a saying- If it aint broke dont fix it!
So instead of trying to fix things that are already great with the game why not just fix the things that are not or certain aspects of the game that are lacking (like Franchise) or (authentic Stadium sounds)?
Just my 2 cents!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »