Home

MLB The Show Community & Social Media

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Community & Social Media within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-02-2019, 11:26 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show Community & Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
While the on the field play is improving yearly, I’ve been disappointed with the the game the past few years because there is little to no improvement in franchise mode. At this point it is stale and showing its age as the least immersive out of all the major sports games. There are numerous legacy bugs or simple improvements SCEA is well aware of due to community outcry that go unaddressed and not acknowledged. All they care about is DD, but it’s understood that’s the direction gaming is going. Just my opinion, I know not everyone will agree, of course I’ll buy anyway though.
I firmly believe their answer to keep the Show fresh was Diamond Dynasty and why not make a buck in the process. Problem is they miscalculated how much some of would dislike DD, myself included. I know it's an uncommon opinion but like Padgoi said elsewhere, I wish they could have figured out how to make that buck off franchise. I hate to say it but maybe the roster/player vault should have a fee, upload and download. Add in the ability to import players into existing franchises and you make an easy buck off the vault. Would it be unpopular at first, and for awhile? Yes, but I think after some time, seeing the franchise is improved, people would be glad in the long run.

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 02-02-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #42
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I firmly believe their answer to keep the Show fresh was Diamond Dynasty and why not mfeeake a buck in the process. Problem is they miscalculated how much some of would dislike DD, myself included. I know it's an uncommon opinion but like Padgoi said elsewhere, I wish they could have figured out how to make that buck off franchise. I hate to say it but maybe the roster/player vault should have a fee, upload and download. Add in the ability to import players into existing franchises and you make an easy buck off the vault. Would it be unpopular at first, and for awhile? Yes, but I think after some time, seeing the franchise is improved, people would be glad in the long run.
Absolute crock of ****.

If that is what you think it will take to get franchise improvements......then I would be out.

There is zero reason franchise, rosters and such should be behind a pay wall. And they know most will never pay it. Why? Because most don’t play franchise. They play Diamond Dynasty.

Once everyone realizes we are the few and not the many the better you will feel and not get all worked up over a game.

I have said it many many times.....unless I see some really meaningful features added, or upgraded in franchise mode.....I can simply keep playing 18 for years and years. Pretty simple.

It is not a lack of resources. It is a lack of players. We are not the majority....not even close. But many act like OS is the end all be all when it comes to sports gaming.

Dude we are cult.....not the mainstream. And when people talk about..."well I will not buy the game and let’s see if that helps". It won’t. The torch has been passed to a new generation of gamers folks.

The masses today love the card modes and my player modes. RTTS got more love than franchise 2 straight years. I barely touch RTTS. I try every cycle....but it simply does not excite me like franchise mode.

And I desperately would love some freshness added to the mode like all of you. I have seen numerous ideas and improvements and features that would make it feel fresher and play better. But to tell them...hey I am willing to pay more? Naaaaaa hell no. That is a slippery slope and it will end up back firing. Because they know...most wont “pay” for things that absolutely should be in a base game.

The outcry of having to pay to download rosters? LMFAO OMG people....that would be the travesty of all travesty. And that can’t happen. People won’t create rosters and let SDS profit. Think about that!

The roster community is amazing on The Show.....but I can already tell you that area is going to start dwindling down too....because of the state of franchise mode.

To me SDS should take a long hard look at NBA 2K’s My League. If we had that amount of customization options......many of us would be doing cartwheels.

Hopefully we get a nice surprise on the twitch streams when they show franchise mode and presentation (which is also a huge thing that continues to improve each cycle despite popular opinion here). And if you are not using Sounds of The Show....you are missing out on one of the best presentation features of any sports game.

Anyway.......paywall for franchise and rosters? F*** that.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-02-2019, 06:50 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S
Once everyone realizes we are the few and not the many the better you will feel and not get all worked up over a game.
thats why I say at first it will be unpopular at first , and for awhile , evidence this passion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Absolute crock of ****.

If that is what you think it will take to get franchise improvements......then I would be out.

There is zero reason franchise, rosters and such should be behind a pay wall. And they know most will never pay it. Why? Because most don’t play franchise. They play Diamond Dynasty.

I have said it many many times.....unless I see some really meaningful features added, or upgraded in franchise mode.....I can simply keep playing 18 for years and years. Pretty simple.

It is not a lack of resources. It is a lack of players. We are not the majority....not even close. But many act like OS is the end all be all when it comes to sports gaming.

Dude we are cult.....not the mainstream. And when people talk about..."well I will not buy the game and let’s see if that helps". It won’t. The torch has been passed to a new generation of gamers folks.

The masses today love the card modes and my player modes. RTTS got more love than franchise 2 straight years. I barely touch RTTS. I try every cycle....but it simply does not excite me like franchise mode.

And I desperately would love some freshness added to the mode like all of you. I have seen numerous ideas and improvements and features that would make it feel fresher and play better. But to tell them...hey I am willing to pay more? Naaaaaa hell no. That is a slippery slope and it will end up back firing. Because they know...most wont “pay” for things that absolutely should be in a base game.

The outcry of having to pay to download rosters? LMFAO OMG people....that would be the travesty of all travesty. And that can’t happen. People won’t create rosters and let SDS profit. Think about that!

The roster community is amazing on The Show.....but I can already tell you that area is going to start dwindling down too....because of the state of franchise mode.

To me SDS should take a long hard look at NBA 2K’s My League. If we had that amount of customization options......many of us would be doing cartwheels.

Hopefully we get a nice surprise on the twitch streams when they show franchise mode and presentation (which is also a huge thing that continues to improve each cycle despite popular opinion here). And if you are not using Sounds of The Show....you are missing out on one of the best presentation features of any sports game.

Anyway.......paywall for franchise and rosters? F*** that.
the great thing is rosters could still be created and shared freely, just not through the Sony vault, which is an overpopulated wasteland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S
And I desperately would love some freshness added to the (franchise) mode like all of you...most want "pay" for things that absolutely should be in a base game.
I still believe there are some who are so desperate, they would pay. If not now, eventually when they see what it buys.
And, again, to quote a wiseman, definitely not worth getting worked up over. Especially since its not going to happen. The franchise improvements will come , slowly but surely. And when they do, people will move on from 18 or whichever year version they're playing.

A Work in Progress
Old 02-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #44
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
But the things the people here on OS are wanting in franchise mode is a big part of major league baseball. It should at least be considered.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:07 PM   #45
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

MLB The Show Community & Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
But the things the people here on OS are wanting in franchise mode is a big part of major league baseball. It should at least be considered.

Dude I agree. I have the same wants.

I hope we get some love for 19. Otherwise I am cool with 18 for a while until I feel an urge to transfer my franchise files to hopefully an even better playing 2019.

Let’s see if we get some features we all have been asking for in franchise mode.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2019, 03:17 PM   #46
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

If they started charging money to upload/download/etc. rosters/sliders/players I would never play another minute of MLB the Show.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:53 PM   #47
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswithbats
If they started charging money to upload/download/etc. rosters/sliders/players I would never play another minute of MLB the Show.
I decided to elaborate on why I don't like this idea:

I put aside about $60 a year for MLB the Show. As I pretty much exclusively play Franchise (with occasional forays into RTTS) I have no need for the preorders to get extra stuff. I haven't paid actual money for Stubs or packs in over three years. If MLB the Show restricted how users can access the game and/or what parts of the game they can access that would be a huge deterrent for me for many reasons:

1.) Putting the mode I play about 85% of the time behind a paywall would deter me from playing the game if my only other options are modes I don't play.
2.) I'm already giving Sony $60 for the game. Unless they lower the price of the base game to make up for putting modes and vaults behind paywalls I would not continue to buy or play the game.
3.) It restricts who can play the game. We don't all have the money to juice up our game with Stubs and packs as it is, but putting a price tag on modes and vaults would take a lot of young people out of the game as well as people who don't have a lot of money to spend on the game.
4.) Its just unnecessary and (imo) would hinder the MLB The Show gaming community.
5.) If they put rosters, players, and sliders behind a paywall, what happens to the content creators, like the people behind OSFM?

I think there are options out there to generate more interest in Franchise besides hiding Franchise and the vaults behind a paywall. Restricting access seems counterintuitive to me if you want to generate interest in the mode.

I don't know what they could do, but it sounds like other Franchise players feel neglected and pushed aside. Maybe having devs reach out to well-known Franchise gamers or coming back onto the forums for Franchise-centric Q and A's might help? I really dunno what you'd do, but those ideas are probably better than making people pay more money after already shelling out at least $60 for the game.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:18 PM   #48
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Franchise mode in a sports game is the same as single player campaign in a FPS, it's the mode that gets less attention because there is no monetary stream coming from it. I get DD and MUT are needed to generate more $$ for the developer. I don't play those modes and never will. If they ever had Franchise behind a paywall that would end my purchase of The Show which I have bought since 2009.

I'm quite content with 18 and will wait and see what they do for franchise this year before pre ordering.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »