Home

MLB The Show Community & Social Media

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Community & Social Media within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-31-2019, 05:41 PM   #33
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show Community & Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
International FA (and everything associated with it). Drafted players available the year they were drafted. Rotating interleague schedules. Trading draft picks. A realistic scouting system. In-season resignings.

You could add relocation/expansion/create-a-stadium/uniform modification in that, but I don't see those as necessary features (even though it'd be great if they were all in the game).
Good list. I second all of these
Old 01-31-2019, 05:46 PM   #34
Pro

Overall General State Of The Game

I think the general state of the game is lacking several core baseball fundamentals! And lack of CPU AI to execute a strategy from game to game! For it to be a true Baseball experience!

I have listed these missing fundamentals before! And that adds to the overall frustration for people who have been following the series over the course of time!

It’s 2019 and we still have the same animations in the game from almost 10 years ago! As of 2018! PAINFUL! So when a joke of a trailer is released you get a lot of threads here on OS reflecting and questioning the lack of focus or direction of the game!

I will not fall for the small team anymore it's said and done at this point! Hire some contractors and find the money (take it away from marketing) to support what the hardcore fan base is asking for. Not the fanbase that just wants to him Home Runs! Why threads like "Make Or Break" exist the only other option is to introduce COMPETITION!

As a example Franchise has insane amount of potential at first glance and a nice UI! But dig around and you will start to realize after several iterations that some parts of the mode are highly neglected simply because they have not changed or been enhanced over several years!

High Reviews:

I think that the scores are so high simply because the reviewers might not be hardcore baseball fans like some of the users here on OS!

That’s like asking me to review NBA 2k19 even though I only play casual basketball and know basic rules! My review would be like wow the animations are fluid and the player models look life like! 9.5

A true basketball fan would come find me and break down any missing core fundamentals of the game! See the huge difference that my review would make from a more seasoned and hardcore fan!

I always said MLB The Show looks the part but breaks down when it comes too gameplay!

Rocket Bunts are a perfect scenario to the above statement. If your reason up until 2019 is that online play affects the result of bunts in offline play! Then something is wrong with your code and you need to rethink or retool it! Which is why bunting is still on the list for 2019 as a key point!

Last edited by jada855; 01-31-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #35
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
International FA (and everything associated with it). Drafted players available the year they were drafted. Rotating interleague schedules. Trading draft picks. A realistic scouting system. In-season resignings.

You could add relocation/expansion/create-a-stadium/uniform modification in that, but I don't see those as necessary features (even though it'd be great if they were all in the game).
MLB teams can't do this

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
MLB teams can't do this
They can trade competitive balance picks. They still can't trade regular draft picks nor free agent compensation picks.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-01-2019, 07:59 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
Overall General State Of The Game

I think the general state of the game is lacking several core baseball fundamentals! And lack of CPU AI to execute a strategy from game to game! For it to be a true Baseball experience!

I have listed these missing fundamentals before! And that adds to the overall frustration for people who have been following the series over the course of time!

It’s 2019 and we still have the same animations in the game from almost 10 years ago! As of 2018! PAINFUL! So when a joke of a trailer is released you get a lot of threads here on OS reflecting and questioning the lack of focus or direction of the game!

I will not fall for the small team anymore it's said and done at this point! Hire some contractors and find the money (take it away from marketing) to support what the hardcore fan base is asking for. Not the fanbase that just wants to him Home Runs! Why threads like "Make Or Break" exist the only other option is to introduce COMPETITION!

As a example Franchise has insane amount of potential at first glance and a nice UI! But dig around and you will start to realize after several iterations that some parts of the mode are highly neglected simply because they have not changed or been enhanced over several years!

High Reviews:

I think that the scores are so high simply because the reviewers might not be hardcore baseball fans like some of the users here on OS!

That’s like asking me to review NBA 2k19 even though I only play casual basketball and know basic rules! My review would be like wow the animations are fluid and the player models look life like! 9.5

A true basketball fan would come find me and break down any missing core fundamentals of the game! See the huge difference that my review would make from a more seasoned and hardcore fan!

I always said MLB The Show looks the part but breaks down when it comes too gameplay!

Rocket Bunts are a perfect scenario to the above statement. If your reason up until 2019 is that online play affects the result of bunts in offline play! Then something is wrong with your code and you need to rethink or retool it! Which is why bunting is still on the list for 2019 as a key point!
The fact that the franchise is literally 13 years old (or so) and we can't bunt is really all you need to know in terms of why some of us don't think the gameplay is NEARLY all it's cracked up to be.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:10 PM   #38

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
MLB teams can't do this
If that's your only rebuttal to that list of items it pretty much answers your original question.

It's pretty telling when your question is answered with a laundry list of valid answers and you just hone in on one thing....
Old 02-02-2019, 12:52 AM   #39
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
If that's your only rebuttal to that list of items it pretty much answers your original question.

It's pretty telling when your question is answered with a laundry list of valid answers and you just hone in on one thing....
It did answer my question, and I actually gave a thumbs up to that original post and just mentioned that that particular feature wasn't possible. I don't know what kind of response you want me to have. I posted a simple question and it was answered.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

Last edited by CubFan23; 02-02-2019 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #40
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

While the on the field play is improving yearly, I’ve been disappointed with the the game the past few years because there is little to no improvement in franchise mode. At this point it is stale and showing its age as the least immersive out of all the major sports games. There are numerous legacy bugs or simple improvements SCEA is well aware of due to community outcry that go unaddressed and not acknowledged. All they care about is DD, but it’s understood that’s the direction gaming is going. Just my opinion, I know not everyone will agree, of course I’ll buy anyway though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »