Home

Equipment Frustration

This is a discussion on Equipment Frustration within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-02-2024, 12:27 AM   #1
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
Equipment Frustration

I want to start by saying that I think they do a good job with having lots of equipment choices

A few things that really bugs me though:

CLEATS - there are too many options that literally nobody wears in MLB and then you have a few pairs that are commonly used by so many players....but we can't edit the color scheme on those shoes.

CLEATS - There are a few Nike and New Balance pairs where you cannot edit the logo color

BATTING GLOVES - same thing, some pairs you really can't edit the glove well at all

NIKE COMPRESSION SLEEVE - that secondary color means you need to have a two tone sleeve if you want the Nike logo

I'm sure there are more but these were on my ind and I'm hoping maybe someone from the dev team sees this and they can just refine some of this stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2024, 03:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Equipment Frustration

There are tons of issues with the color blocking on the available equipment that we do have. What makes it truly terrible is the limited color options and everything being tied to the home jersey. The equipment needs 3 options, home, away and alternate. I was in contact with the devs a few years ago and I went over many things that needed to be fixed and ways to correct them. Their response... "we'll pass this along to the art department."
Old 05-02-2024, 07:46 AM   #3
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

What I don’t understand is why we don’t have the full array of colors to chose from. You can give KC powered blue cleats, but only if you use “team color 3” when they’re wearing very specific jerseys. We should have the color option for whenever we want. We should be able to make any piece of equipment any color we want and should have all the team main and alternate colors available. Too many times the teams third color option is white. We already have a white option, so it’s completely pointless at times.

The other thing that really bothers me is what they consider the evo shield elbow guard. 99% of the league wears this elbow guard and has for years. Yet in game it looks virtually nothing like it. The color blocking is horrendous and looks like your guy is wearing a piece of cardboard on his elbow not a padded protector.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:00 AM   #4
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

The lack of a color wheel in all modes other than DD is very frustrating. We should be able to edit every dimension of cleats/batting gloves much like how 2k allows this for shoes in their game. Putting in the extended Nike and Jordan elbow guards last year, and then removing them never to be see again is also quite the head scratcher. I could keep going, but I 100% agree with the OP’s sentiment.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:25 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

They're never going to change it at this point. Every time they even add new equipment, the color blocking is way off and it's clearly done by somebody going off of product pics the companies send them versus watching actual games. I just don't think they care.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2024, 10:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
The lack of a color wheel in all modes other than DD is very frustrating. We should be able to edit every dimension of cleats/batting gloves much like how 2k allows this for shoes in their game. Putting in the extended Nike and Jordan elbow guards last year, and then removing them never to be see again is also quite the head scratcher. I could keep going, but I 100% agree with the OP’s sentiment.
The Nike/Jordan elbow guard thing was really a Nike decision. The companies give over the retail version of equipment to show off what’s available for people playing the game to buy in real life. The extended elbow guard isn’t available for retail and is a pro stock only piece of equipment. SDS has to go with what the companies provide so that is the reason they took it out.

This is also why some equipment isn’t in game (i.e. older cleat styles that players still currently wear).

The color blocking issue I don’t understand since I don’t see how that would be provided or blocked by the retail vs pro stock issue since retail items have multiple color types.
Old 05-02-2024, 11:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Equipment customization has always been pretty bad and it's not likely to change. I don't think there has been any real change to it ever. I've just accepted it for what it is. We'll only see changes in art style, equipment, animations etc when it's no longer an SDS game or when there is legitimate competition. They've proven that over the last decade.

I will say that this year in particular the cleats are especially awful. A color wheel, or more options would definitely help. The 3 blue options that are essentially unnoticeable aren't fantastic...
Old 05-02-2024, 06:29 PM   #8
Pro

Keeler2434's Arena

The Dev team has always been lazy when it’s come to getting new equipment in the game and don’t get me started color blocking. In the main post above we have way to many options that’s none of these players wear. Why do we need generic cleats or old cleats. They still won’t give us low cut Nike huarache cleats like we’ve needed for many years now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »