Home

Equipment Frustration

This is a discussion on Equipment Frustration within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-02-2024, 06:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Equipment Frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeler2434
The Dev team has always been lazy when it’s come to getting new equipment in the game and don’t get me started color blocking. In the main post above we have way to many options that’s none of these players wear. Why do we need generic cleats or old cleats. They still won’t give us low cut Nike huarache cleats like we’ve needed for many years now.
As I posted, laziness has nothing to do with it. It’s all about what the companies provide to them. Color blocking is a different story since they control that aspect.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:57 PM   #10
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
What I don’t understand is why we don’t have the full array of colors to chose from. You can give KC powered blue cleats, but only if you use “team color 3” when they’re wearing very specific jerseys. We should have the color option for whenever we want. .
Agreed, as a Padre fan there are no options for the City Connect colors to use (which are far different than the regular uniforms) which players use even when we aren't wearing them.

We really do need options to edit home, away, and alt accessories.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:58 PM   #11
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
The Nike/Jordan elbow guard thing was really a Nike decision. The companies give over the retail version of equipment to show off what’s available for people playing the game to buy in real life. The extended elbow guard isn’t available for retail and is a pro stock only piece of equipment. SDS has to go with what the companies provide so that is the reason they took it out.

This is also why some equipment isn’t in game (i.e. older cleat styles that players still currently wear).

The color blocking issue I don’t understand since I don’t see how that would be provided or blocked by the retail vs pro stock issue since retail items have multiple color types.
That’s still baffling to me as the show is an MLB licensed simulation game. Anything that is worn in the MLB, should be available in the show in my opinion. I also then wonder how 2k can still have all of the shoes(Nike for ex) that players haven’t worn in decades. Some that are not currently available for retail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2024, 07:34 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
That’s still baffling to me as the show is an MLB licensed simulation game. Anything that is worn in the MLB, should be available in the show in my opinion. I also then wonder how 2k can still have all of the shoes(Nike for ex) that players haven’t worn in decades. Some that are not currently available for retail.
While I agree and would like that, the game is licensed with MLB, but the equipment is licensed with the companies. They can’t just put in any equipment they want without an agreement in place.

Regarding 2k, it’s two things. One, they probably have a closer relationship with certain companies (Nike and Adidas for example) and the different sport branding/marketing within though companies and two, shoe culture is a way bigger deal in basketball vs. baseball, including many of the shoes being re-made and re-released. Nobody is walking around in Huarache’s on the street but you’ll see so many pairs of LBJs, KDs, or Jordan 1s.

If you look at games like EAFC, NHL, and Madden, they usually have the newest equipment in each game and remove some of the older models. In EAFC they’ve added some old cleats when they were re-released. In NHL they pretty much have a bunch of old CCM equipment, but Bauer only has the newest gear.

So at the end of the day it’s whatever relationship they have with the company that drives what they can and can’t put in game.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:46 PM   #13
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge
They're never going to change it at this point. Every time they even add new equipment, the color blocking is way off and it's clearly done by somebody going off of product pics the companies send them versus watching actual games. I just don't think they care.
I don't know, never is an awfully long time. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it weren't at least another five years away before they change it.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-02-2024, 07:50 PM   #14
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeler2434
The Dev team has always been lazy when it’s come to getting new equipment in the game and don’t get me started color blocking. In the main post above we have way to many options that’s none of these players wear. Why do we need generic cleats or old cleats. They still won’t give us low cut Nike huarache cleats like we’ve needed for many years now.

In any event, I'm hugely thankful all those old era cleats were added.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-02-2024, 07:54 PM   #15
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

What really drives me nuts is they put one of the most common cleats in the game.....but you can only have your players wear it in khaki and teal

Ridiculous
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2024, 11:40 PM   #16
Rookie

The main thing I’d like them to do is allow for more color blocking. You should be able to change logo colors. It’s annoying to use batting gloves where the logo can’t change colors (thinking about the Adidas ones where it’s always white). If they added that and a color wheel like they have on DD, I’d be happy. I’d like the home/away/alt too but with the team color 1/2/3 you can kind of get around it. They should show you what those colors are on the alternate or give us the 2k pregame option, but I’d deal with it.

Last edited by desouza7; 05-02-2024 at 11:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »