Home

No trades at deadline or July even?????

This is a discussion on No trades at deadline or July even????? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-29-2024, 10:26 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: No trades at deadline or July even?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjets24
I had a similar issue. In 24 I had a limited number of deals, and (playing as the Mets) did a pretty big fire sale and traded off a lot of guys, which made up a majority of the deals done

In 25, I am in August. I went through and there were 14 TOTAL trades made during the season, and I made 3 of them. The offseason before was similar too with a pretty quiet offseason.

I have contemplated restarting with the updated rosters (playing with the default injury rosters) but haven't been able to bring myself to do it. Put a lo of time in this one.

All of that said, there is a part of me that also enjoys it as the teams are keeping themselves together more and making more realistic moves and not as many changes. I went through, the largest number of moves a team made from one season to a next was 8, which to me seems realistic compared to real life.
I didn’t see a ton of deals either overall, but I got the notification of the “major deals” for like 5 big trades around the deadline.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:23 AM   #34
Rookie

overheadthree's Arena

Mines at 4-5 was lower when I first started playing and wasn't getting any trades but seems more balanced now

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Those seeing the trades, what is your trade frequency slider set at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2024, 11:47 AM   #35
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I’m not sure what is going on but something seems off. Not sure but it is honestly killing my immersion/enjoyment of my franchise

I hear you. In previous games you would see a few less trades but definitely not the drop off you see this year. I may run a test sim this week to see if I can figure out what's causing it.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2024, 02:29 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
I didn’t see a ton of deals either overall, but I got the notification of the “major deals” for like 5 big trades around the deadline.
Same here, I should have said that as well. There were some honestly pretty cool/realistic deals. A few were off but idk, I also felt like that deals that were done were very fair?
Old 04-30-2024, 03:00 PM   #37
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

That's very odd, of all the franchises i've started and played in this years game, I haven't ran into any issues where there was lack of trades. I can't say i've looked at all the trades in EVERY franchise I did where I went through the deadline, but I feel like I remember seeing a "big" trade pretty much in every one. I usually have the CPU trades set to 3 or 4 on the sliders.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS
Old 04-30-2024, 07:22 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Those seeing the trades, what is your trade frequency slider set at?

So I went back to a save I had from right before the all star game and bumped trades up to 10 and simmed through the deadline. No trades. So there’s definitely something going on.

Same franchise, I have a save from opening day. I simmed through the deadline with the slider at 5 and saw plenty.

I know someone said they played every game and saw trades but it really seems to me the issue arises when you’re playing games and not just simming into the future.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:50 PM   #39
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Seems like there’s been a new problem come up every week with this years game.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 05-01-2024, 04:42 PM   #40
Rookie

Just went through the 25-26 offseason and 0 trades were made, literally 0.

THAT definitely ruined my immersion of my franchise. I played OD but now I'm kind of finished at this point with it. I have been holding off starting a new one, but reading all these issues, idk if I even will bother until the issue gets fixed. I have 2K and Fallout 4 to play in the meantime

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »