Home

Road to the Show 24 - How Is Yours Going?

This is a discussion on Road to the Show 24 - How Is Yours Going? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2024, 07:11 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS 24- How is yours going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
On all-star if I don't mix my pitches right from the get-go, I just get hammered.

I have 4 different fastballs now, decided to go with a running, cut, 4 seam, and splitter, and my 5th is a circle change still. Run the cut, and running fastball in on the batters hands when I'm ahead, and then mix it up with the split and drop it off the table.
Maybe its due to the number of fastballs? I throw the 2FB everywhere except middle-up, but always painting the black. I walk a few more in the majors, but still able to use effectively. If their timing appears to be catching up, or they swing early, is when I sprinkle the splitter.

Truth be told, if you look at my Stats per Count, on 0-0 the CPU is hitting 333 against me. On all other counts, they hit 120 or less. I've only had a 3-0 count 3 times. I toss lots of strikes early in the count then, I'm only going to tease the zone.

Edit: All my other pitches are down in the zone only pitches. I want that grounder over a strikeout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2024, 08:24 AM   #26
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbone40
Maybe its due to the number of fastballs? I throw the 2FB everywhere except middle-up, but always painting the black. I walk a few more in the majors, but still able to use effectively. If their timing appears to be catching up, or they swing early, is when I sprinkle the splitter.

Truth be told, if you look at my Stats per Count, on 0-0 the CPU is hitting 333 against me. On all other counts, they hit 120 or less. I've only had a 3-0 count 3 times. I toss lots of strikes early in the count then, I'm only going to tease the zone.

Edit: All my other pitches are down in the zone only pitches. I want that grounder over a strikeout.
Believe it or not, no, I mix and match them quite well to keep hitters off balance. I just can't consistently throw the same pitch over and over.

Don't get me wrong, I do in some at bats to throw the hitter off, but the wrong guy will crush me. I average 7 strikeouts per game, and my era is 2.03.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-13-2024, 12:24 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 1

Last year, in RTTS, I started a career and then started a second one and the second one gave me the option to use the player I'd previously created and developed.

Can you still do that this year? I don't seem to be able to find that option.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:34 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
Last year, in RTTS, I started a career and then started a second one and the second one gave me the option to use the player I'd previously created and developed.

Can you still do that this year? I don't seem to be able to find that option.
From what I've seen, the perks carry over but not the attributes.
Old 04-14-2024, 11:36 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbone40
From what I've seen, the perks carry over but not the attributes.

So the option from last year is gone, then? That is a big shame.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:57 PM   #30
Rookie

TarHeelbred33's Arena

Is roster logic any better this year? Last year I enjoyed the game but when I got called up after a season and a half devers and others had been traded already. Not even the same position as I was playing. Similar bad roster management league wide. Kinda killed it for me.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2024, 12:55 AM   #31
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelbred33
Is roster logic any better this year? Last year I enjoyed the game but when I got called up after a season and a half devers and others had been traded already. Not even the same position as I was playing. Similar bad roster management league wide. Kinda killed it for me.

I don't think the trade logic has gotten much better but if you change the trade frequency slider throughout the season it'll lessen the movement, and thus lessen the "why did you do that?" moves.

I start the season with it at 1, move it to 3 at the start of June, 6 after the All-Star break, 10 for the day before the trade deadline and deadline itself, then default 5 for the rest of the season and start of the off-season. 6 during the week of the winter meetings, then back to 1 through the rest of the off-season.

It's tedious and we shouldn't have to do it, but it helps.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Operation Sports mobile app

Currently listening to: Ice Nine Kills

PSN: Sentient_Ooze
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2024, 07:26 AM   #32
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelbred33

Not really.

I had a 34 year old Keven Gausman on the trade block in my franchise and the reds offered me Elly De LA Cruz. In their defense he was on his last year, and they probably didn't want to pay him, but for a 34 year old pitcher making 22mil with 1 more year on his contract?

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »