Home

Road to the Show 24 - How Is Yours Going?

This is a discussion on Road to the Show 24 - How Is Yours Going? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2024, 12:38 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: RTTS 24- How is yours going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
Is it just me or can you no longer create a speedster? I created a “contact” profile shortstop and he had 30 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a speedster 3B. My Speed rating started at 66 and I have it up to 75 within two months of AA and AAA. My base running went from 62 to 69 in that time.

I've not stolen much. 5 SB and 5 CS but I'm boosting my ratings my taking extra bases, scoring from second and getting good starts whenever I can, even if the guy makes contact.

"Speedster" seems the hardest to be. In last year's game, it took a lot of effort plus "fast" socks and "fast" shoes to get my speed and base running ratings into the 90s and over 100. But it was fun.

My aim is to do that again. My aim is to win the gold glove every year along with the stolen base title.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:18 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
What is your pitching difficulty?
I play on All-Star difficulty. I have swapped my slider to my #3 and 12-6 to my #4 pitch though. I found myself using the slider more frequently in the pros, so I wanted to bump it up a notch. I've also learned to throw more pitches off the plate in the pros. In the minors, I just kept everything in the zone and let the groundballs work for me.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:34 AM   #19
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbone40
I play on All-Star difficulty. I have swapped my slider to my #3 and 12-6 to my #4 pitch though. I found myself using the slider more frequently in the pros, so I wanted to bump it up a notch. I've also learned to throw more pitches off the plate in the pros. In the minors, I just kept everything in the zone and let the groundballs work for me.
Nice.

I'm contemplating changing a pitch or two myself. I got three different fastballs, then a slurve and circle change to change speeds. Was thinking of going to a slider, and palmball.

Also thinking of doing a knuckleball pitcher. Have never done one.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-11-2024, 01:38 PM   #20
Just started!

Quote:
Created a groundball pitcher using the control/break archetype tossing a 2fb, splitter, 12-6, and slider (in that order).

10 games in AA with an 0.70 ERA of domination.
5 games in AAA never giving up a run.

In the majors now, mid August. 7 starts with a 3.00 ERA , 3 walks and 48 ks in 48 innings. Been a rude awakening but had a good outing last game.

This is the best pitching experience I've had in the show since it came to Xbox.

This is good to know. I’m currently about halfway through my first year now in AAA. I have been destroying the competition with my high velocity hurler. (4sb, ch, slider). Started at beginner in dynamic difficulty and am now at legend + and still only give up 2-4 hits a game and get near a complete game everytime with a 0.55 ERA. I was hoping that it will get harder when I move to the majors. This gives me hope
Old 04-11-2024, 02:35 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Nice.

I'm contemplating changing a pitch or two myself. I got three different fastballs, then a slurve and circle change to change speeds. Was thinking of going to a slider, and palmball.

I made a knuckleballer with a cutter and a knuckle-curve as my 2-3 and a slurve and vulcan change as my 4-5 pitches. I pitch on Hall of Fame and use Armor & Swords slider set from 23 with classic pitching.

I don't mind the grind of toiling in the minors for 4-5 years as I prefer to build my stamina, durability & pitch clutch before HR/9, H/9 etc. Despite that, I was called up to AAA at the end of July my first year and made my major league debut after one start in my second season. I only lasted four weeks with Oakland, sporting an ERA over 10.00 in five starts and giving up over 10 hits per game before being optioned back!

Just finished Spring Training and didn't make the major league roster. My guy has an ERA around 3.25 in the first month of his third year and now has the Diamond pitch set with an overall rating of 84.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2024, 05:28 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aochaz
This is good to know. I’m currently about halfway through my first year now in AAA. I have been destroying the competition with my high velocity hurler. (4sb, ch, slider). Started at beginner in dynamic difficulty and am now at legend + and still only give up 2-4 hits a game and get near a complete game everytime with a 0.55 ERA. I was hoping that it will get harder when I move to the majors. This gives me hope
Definitely changes once you hit the MLB level. I haven't tried anything above All Star, but I use Classic pitching so I don't really play above my stats very much. I do enjoy how this year really seems to give you the feel of settling down as a pitcher. If you survive the first time through, I tend to roll until tired.

Last edited by jmbone40; 04-12-2024 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2024, 05:34 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Nice.

Same in regards to the Wakefield pitcher. I've never tried one either... Maybe my next save lol

As for pitching, here's what I typically do (based on how I would have tossed in my youth):

I throw nothing but 2FB until I have high confidence and locating, or they are slapping me around. Then I start sprinkling in the splitter and watch them flail like madmen.

Sliders usually only get thrown when (a) a batter is fouling everything off or (b) its the second time through and the batter saw lots of 2FB/SPL last at bat and I need disruption.

The 12-6 I typically only throw 5-7 times per game and it tends to make an at-bat easy AF. It never appears until at least the 4th inning.

I've thought about adding a 5th, but will likely wait until I have good relationships and all the confidence boosts I can muster.

Perks: Lone Wolf, Pulse Pounder, and a Fielding perk so my gear bonuses take effect. I gotta make those ground ball plays lol
Old 04-13-2024, 07:03 AM   #24
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Same in regards to the Wakefield pitcher. I've never tried one either... Maybe my next save lol

As for pitching, here's what I typically do (based on how I would have tossed in my youth):

I throw nothing but 2FB until I have high confidence and locating, or they are slapping me around. Then I start sprinkling in the splitter and watch them flail like madmen.

Sliders usually only get thrown when (a) a batter is fouling everything off or (b) its the second time through and the batter saw lots of 2FB/SPL last at bat and I need disruption.

The 12-6 I typically only throw 5-7 times per game and it tends to make an at-bat easy AF. It never appears until at least the 4th inning.

I've thought about adding a 5th, but will likely wait until I have good relationships and all the confidence boosts I can muster.

Perks: Lone Wolf, Pulse Pounder, and a Fielding perk so my gear bonuses take effect. I gotta make those ground ball plays lol
On all-star if I don't mix my pitches right from the get-go, I just get hammered.

I have 4 different fastballs now, decided to go with a running, cut, 4 seam, and splitter, and my 5th is a circle change still. Run the cut, and running fastball in on the batters hands when I'm ahead, and then mix it up with the split and drop it off the table.

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »