Home

MLB The Show 24 Little Things Thread (Positive Little Things)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Little Things Thread (Positive Little Things) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-26-2024, 06:39 AM   #153
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB The Show 24 Little Things Thread (Positive Little Things)

Be ready to swing the bat with Larry Bullard behind the dish....

(Might be hard to see since the K-zone is clipping through Yamamoto, but that is CLEARLY below the zone)

The personalized strike zones are still one of my favorite things in the series...until MLB rolls out the robot umps, that is.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:24 AM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play with legends included in my franchise. I'm playing the Cubs/Rangers Opening Day game, and Adrian Beltre homered. During his post-homer dugout celebration, one of his teammates tried to pat him on the head. Beltre ducked out of the way, turned around, and glared at him.

For those of us who remember how much Beltre hated being touched on the head IRL, I thought that was an amazing animation!
Old 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM   #155
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Be ready to swing the bat with Larry Bullard behind the dish....

(Might be hard to see since the K-zone is clipping through Yamamoto, but that is CLEARLY below the zone)

The personalized strike zones are still one of my favorite things in the series...until MLB rolls out the robot umps, that is.
Yeah Larry is related to Angel hernandez.

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2024, 11:28 AM   #156
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthsgrg32
Wish they could patch in the player's position on overlay while batting.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
This has been my biggest Pet Peeve since I think it was 2020... but I don't understand why they use the stat overlay that pops out of the score bug as the standard instead of the big, nicer looking full stat overlay that pops up like when you use a pinch hitter. But FWIW, the overlay that pops out of the score bug is much nicer looking this year and at least includes the player's number.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:59 AM   #157
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
This has been my biggest Pet Peeve since I think it was 2020... but I don't understand why they use the stat overlay that pops out of the score bug as the standard instead of the big, nicer looking full stat overlay that pops up like when you use a pinch hitter. But FWIW, the overlay that pops out of the score bug is much nicer looking this year and at least includes the player's number.
See a player's position on the overlay is important in certain game situations without having to press pause. Having to press pause could interfere with a rally or could mess with the game flow. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2024, 01:13 PM   #158
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

I can't remember if I posted this the other night, I don't think that I did. I was in the 11th inning and Elly De la Cruz is on 2nd after striking out to end the 10th (he is having a terrible start to my season).

I hit a deep flyball to the right centre field warning track.....and tag up....and keep going around 3rd, beating the tag at home pretty easily!

The fact that this is possible is fantastic!
Old 03-26-2024, 02:49 PM   #159
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes
I can't remember if I posted this the other night, I don't think that I did. I was in the 11th inning and Elly De la Cruz is on 2nd after striking out to end the 10th (he is having a terrible start to my season).

I hit a deep flyball to the right centre field warning track.....and tag up....and keep going around 3rd, beating the tag at home pretty easily!

The fact that this is possible is fantastic!
Yep, baserunner logic was greatly improved. Had a similar situation in my RTTS, hit a deep fly ball that was caught, guy on second tagged and then my jaw hit the floor as he rounded third and tried to stretch it home. He was beaten pretty easily, but I was just happy that the AI will actually take a chance like that if the guy has the wheels to potentially pull it off
Old 03-26-2024, 06:36 PM   #160
Rookie

The Gamer's Arena

OVR: 5

Was getting destroyed at Wrigley vs the Marlins. They were hitting bombs left and right from multiple players. Betancourt had 3 and another player had two but as a team I believe they had at least 8. Down 16 to 3 in the bottom of the 8th. I look up at the flags and they're blowing straight out to right-center. So I pause the game to check and the wind is 20 mph to right .

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/bhoward1968

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »